BY LA ROCHE-POSAY #41 in Facial Cleansers

PURIFYING FOAMING GEL CLEANSER: Gently cleanses dirt and oil while respecting the skin's pH balance at 5.5

• Zinc purifies skin and helps remove excess oil with a clear, refreshing texture.
  • Use as a daily face wash for oily skin
  • Soap-free. Paraben-free. Alcohol-free. Oil Free. 50ML size is TSA approved for travel.

Effaclar Gel gently cleanses impurities and reduces excess oil while helping to prevent over drying.

• Zinc Pidolate purifies skin and helps remove excess oil.
  • Tested on acne-prone skin*

Ingredients: Water • Sodium Laureth Sulfate • PEG-8 • Coco-Betaine • Hexylene Glycol • Sodium Chloride • PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate • Zinc PCA • Sodium Hydroxide • Citric Acid • Sodium Benzoate • Phenoxyethanol • Caprylyl Glycol • Parfum/Fragrance.

Usage:

• Use as a daily, facial cleanser for oily skin.
  • Cleanse morning and/or evening. Gentle enough for everyday use.
  • Wet face with lukewarm water and apply small amount of gel, massaging the skin gently to form a rich lather. Leave on for a few moments and rinse thoroughly with water.

• The best purifying gel I've used in my life. Removes all ...2 Answers
  • What are your thoughts on La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cle...2 Answers
  • I hardly ever breakout but its been 2 months on and off t...1 Answers
Alana S.
I’ve only tried this a few times but I do like it so far. It can dry out your skin if you don’t apply a good moisturizer after but it’s great for warmer months when my skin is already more oily. It helps clean out my pores and feels nice on my skin. I can’t speak about long term use with acne but it hasn’t caused any new breakouts. It’s gentle yet effective at cleaning my skin. Hopefully with longer use my face clears up and stays clear.
Cady B.
Odem, TX
Okay- so let me start off by saying that I have been a HUGE LRP buff since 2008. Yes, a decade of bff-ship with the ENTIRE Effaclar line. My acne was horrible, painful cysts decorated my entire face along with lots of angry white heads. Kids can be cruel, and my acne was something they never let me forget about (as if I could forget- I could FEEL how big, plenty, and painful they all were just by moving my face!) This face wash is gentle, effective (what’s a better word for effective? Ah yes, super-effective). In conjunction with the rest of the Effaclar line, my entire face and neck cleared up completely. I’m talking 90% improvement in a matter of 2 months of consistent, routine use. No dryness, no irritation. I have never had anything work so well for such a long duration. Over 10 years of use and I’ll never stop!
Patricia L.
Bowie
I have been using this facewash for a couple of weeks now. LOVE it already! I started to develop a huge breakout on my chin that I was super self conscious about. LR-Posay to the rescue! It quickly minimized it and absolutely no redness! I will absolutely be purchasing more LR-P products and continue to purchase this face wash! I highly recommend this to adults with acne, oily, combination skin!
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cleanser is something my husband chosen just to try one day and he's been really liking it. He likes it because it leaves his face refreshed . He also likes that it comes in gel form and it's very easy to wash off. He's very happy with it and plans to buy their moisturizers and other product they carry. They are more pricy but it's definatly worth it ! Give it a try 😁
Abigail C.
Windsor, CO
I love this cleanser. I use it as a second cleanse, so I can’t speak to how effectively it removes makeup, but it’s my perfect second cleanse. It’s gentle, doesn’t strip my skin, doesn’t irritate, and has a low pH. I would highly recommend to my fellow oily or combination skinned people! I’m on my second bottle and will definitely purchase again!
Rachel C.
Very nice, gentle face cleanser. I use this after GARNIER SKIN ACTIVE™ Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 to remove any makeup left behind. It leaves my face feeling clean, but not stripped (I have combination skin). I've repurchased maybe 3 times in the last year and a half and use it twice daily, as well as to clean my beauty sponges.
Meredith V.
Bought this cleanser on a whim...and I absolutely love it! My skin is a mix between dry and oily, so this is a great solution for someone with that skin type. A very gentle cleanse which makes for a nice clean feeling and it's not harsh at all, with no chemical smell or burning. I'll definitely be purchasing this again!
Inna S.
New Castle, DE
I am absolutely in love with this cleanser! My skin is super oily and problem, so I need a good-working products in my everyday routine. This cleanser works really good - cleanses my skin at the high level, with time could make it better in general. And it smells soo good!
It's J.
Northvale, NJ
I have the big pump bottle of this and it has lasted me for so long. I got two from France and I’m glad I did. It’s great for acne prone skin and really strips the face and purifies it. However, my face does feel quite dry afterwards which isn’t good (even if you have oily skin as that will cause your skin to create even more oil) and I find that using it once a day is good for me. Make sure to moisturize well after use. This product isn’t an end all be all product in that it isn’t miraculous but works well in conjunction with other products that are part of my skincare regimen.
Nicki H.
Phoenix
Haven’t seen any huge results from this, but I just started using it one week ago. The price point was good ($15) for the large tube and I purchased the medicated version with 2% salicylic acid. I’m not feeling dry or itchy, but I have noticed that it keeps my oil production at bay.
Maria J.
London, Middlesex
Just wondering whether anyone finds this product drying? And could anyone tell me whether they feel this has helped with acne or blemishes?
Mariel D.
Do you recommend this product for sensitive skin?
Natalia A.
Biel-Bienne, (BE)
I have rather dry skin and sensitive skin, however I do get horrible hormonal breakouts every month. I'm looking for a cleanser or face wash I can switch to during my breakout moments. Does anyone know if this is suitable for my skin? Does anyone with dry sensitive skin tried this? How did it go?
Beatriz D.
Chino hill california
Why leave red my skin its a reaction or im alergic ?
Lora S.
Cairo
Does it reduce the acne ?