BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

PURIFYING FOAMING GEL CLEANSER: Gently cleanses dirt and oil while respecting the skin's pH balance at 5.5

• Zinc purifies skin and helps remove excess oil with a clear, refreshing texture.
  • Use as a daily face wash for oily skin
  • Soap-free. Paraben-free. Alcohol-free. Oil Free. 50ML size is TSA approved for travel.

Effaclar Gel gently cleanses impurities and reduces excess oil while helping to prevent over drying.

• Zinc Pidolate purifies skin and helps remove excess oil.
  • Tested on acne-prone skin*

Ingredients: Water • Sodium Laureth Sulfate • PEG-8 • Coco-Betaine • Hexylene Glycol • Sodium Chloride • PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate • Zinc PCA • Sodium Hydroxide • Citric Acid • Sodium Benzoate • Phenoxyethanol • Caprylyl Glycol • Parfum/Fragrance.

Usage:

• Use as a daily, facial cleanser for oily skin.
  • Cleanse morning and/or evening. Gentle enough for everyday use.
  • Wet face with lukewarm water and apply small amount of gel, massaging the skin gently to form a rich lather. Leave on for a few moments and rinse thoroughly with water.

• Does it burn your skin if it's dry?3 Answers
  • The best purifying gel I've used in my life. Removes all ...2 Answers
  • What are your thoughts on La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cle...2 Answers
Amber F.
After many long years of searching, I can honestly say that I have finally found my holy grail face wash. I have very oily acne prone skin with large pores. My face tends to look splotchy and red as well. I've tried so many different product over the last 25 years! I'm now 37 and I've used this for just over a year now. I love it. Here's why: - The price is fantastic. You can also find it at ULTA and use coupons to purchase it. My first time trying it, I only paid $2 because of coupons. :) - It has a very very light and natural floral scent. Nothing overpowering. - Very light foaming texture when wet. A little goes a long way. - Easy to rinse off and it removes my waterproof mascara. - My acne has drastically improved since starting this face wash. I still have break outs during my monthly, but nothing out of the ordinary. - My pores look better and smaller. I've only been using this once a day. I'm sure if I used it twice a day, I would see an even better improvement. - They do have more products in this line, however I have not tried them. I can't afford them yet. Lol. I hope to try them out one day and get the full benefits of La Roche Posay facial care. I'm unsure why this face wash is so affordable when the others I've seen were a bit more pricey. In conclusion, I highly recommend this one! I tell all my friends about it and my teenage son uses it as well.
Greysa V.
Ohio
I have been using this cleansing gel for about two and a half months and it has fallen perfectly to my mixed / sensitive skin because it does so gently and without irritation, maintaining the balance I need. Actually the whole Effaclar line is excellent for my skin type. I use it both in the morning and in the evening, moistening the face then I take a small amount of product in the yolk of my finger, I spread it all over the face and I remove it with warm water.
Cady R.
Odem, TX
Okay- so let me start off by saying that I have been a HUGE LRP buff since 2008. Yes, a decade of bff-ship with the ENTIRE Effaclar line. My acne was horrible, painful cysts decorated my entire face along with lots of angry white heads. Kids can be cruel, and my acne was something they never let me forget about (as if I could forget- I could FEEL how big, plenty, and painful they all were just by moving my face!) This face wash is gentle, effective (what’s a better word for effective? Ah yes, super-effective). In conjunction with the rest of the Effaclar line, my entire face and neck cleared up completely. I’m talking 90% improvement in a matter of 2 months of consistent, routine use. No dryness, no irritation. I have never had anything work so well for such a long duration. Over 10 years of use and I’ll never stop!
Gloria G.
I have a deep love affair with La Roche-Posay, but La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cleanser is my ride or die. This cleanser effectively keeps my skin clear & healthy looking, while also catering to the needs of my ultra sensitive skin. I have fairly oily, acne prone, extremely sensitive skin and have tried so many products & systems that didn’t work or caused more damage. Finding this cleanser was a miracle💕
Mariya P.
Knoxville, TN
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cleanser is something my husband chosen just to try one day and he's been really liking it. He likes it because it leaves his face refreshed . He also likes that it comes in gel form and it's very easy to wash off. He's very happy with it and plans to buy their moisturizers and other product they carry. They are more pricy but it's definatly worth it ! Give it a try 😁
Abigail C.
Windsor, CO
I love this cleanser. I use it as a second cleanse, so I can’t speak to how effectively it removes makeup, but it’s my perfect second cleanse. It’s gentle, doesn’t strip my skin, doesn’t irritate, and has a low pH. I would highly recommend to my fellow oily or combination skinned people! I’m on my second bottle and will definitely purchase again!
Stephanie N.
Los Angeles, CA
Purchased at: Target
Hands-down the BEST face wash for oily skin! Though I don’t struggle with acne often, shininess is always an issue for me. I find that cleansers that aren’t foaming, no matter what they claim, never really CLEAN my skin - I’m always finding makeup when I use toner afterwards, and that shouldn’t happen with an effective cleanser! This cleanser foams up really well and makes my skin look and feel fantastic! I use it multiple times a day, and although it’s definitely made a difference in oiliness, it doesn’t dry out or irritate my skin at all! Price is very reasonable for the amount you get and the effectiveness of the product. Try it!
It's J.
Northvale, NJ
I have the big pump bottle of this and it has lasted me for so long. I got two from France and I’m glad I did. It’s great for acne prone skin and really strips the face and purifies it. However, my face does feel quite dry afterwards which isn’t good (even if you have oily skin as that will cause your skin to create even more oil) and I find that using it once a day is good for me. Make sure to moisturize well after use. This product isn’t an end all be all product in that it isn’t miraculous but works well in conjunction with other products that are part of my skincare regimen.
Marygrace N.
Chattanooga
This cleanser really helped my skin clear up so much! I thought I had tried everything but this cleanser makes my face feel clean but not oily; sticky, or dry. It’s gentle and smells good! I would recommend this to anyone who has oily acne prone skin!
Mairim R.
Pharr, TX
My dermatologist recommended this product and I decided to give it a try. That was 3 years ago! Since I started using this product my acne product is almost gone. I get the occasional hormonal acne every now and then, but no more stress related acne! 100% recommended!
Maria J.
London, Middlesex
Just wondering whether anyone finds this product drying? And could anyone tell me whether they feel this has helped with acne or blemishes?
Lora S.
Cairo
Does it reduce the acne ?
Beatriz D.
guadalajara jalisco
Why leave red my skin its a reaction or im alergic ?
Natalia A.
Biel-Bienne, (BE)
I have rather dry skin and sensitive skin, however I do get horrible hormonal breakouts every month. I'm looking for a cleanser or face wash I can switch to during my breakout moments. Does anyone know if this is suitable for my skin? Does anyone with dry sensitive skin tried this? How did it go?
Mariel D.
Do you recommend this product for sensitive skin?