BY LA ROCHE-POSAY #10 in Acne Treatments

DUAL ACTION ACNE TREATMENT: Visibly reduces all types of acne blemishes and penetrates deep into pores to clear even stubborn blackheads and whiteheads.

• With micronized benzoyl peroxide cream (5.5%) to fight acne deep in the skin. Micro-exfoliating LHA provides precise cell by cell exfoliation to clear away dulling cellular debris and oil
  • Non-drying, oil-free, fast absorbing texture
  • Use as an acne spot treatment or all over face for moderate acne

Effaclar Duo is a dual action treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide for acne. Contains:

• Micronized Benzoyl Peroxide cream [5.5%]: A powerful acne medication in a unique micronized format to penetrate pores and clear blemishes, formulated to help reduce irritation.
  • Micro-exfoliating LHA for precise cell-by-cell exfoliation to smooth roughness and gradually even skin texture.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS

Benzoyl Peroxide 5.5% (Acne Medication)

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS

Water • Isostearyl Alcohol • Glycerin • Pentylene Glycol • Silica • Carbomer • Capryloyl Salicylic Acid • Potassium Hydroxide • Tocopheryl Acetate • Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer • Disodium EDTA • Epilobium Angustioflium Flower/leaf/stem Extract.

Usage:

• Use as a daily, acne treatment.
  • Apply thin layer morning and/or evening 1-2 times daily to affected areas.
  • For more severe acne, use as a full face treatment.
  • Keep out of reach of children.
  • For further instructions, refer to the Drug Facts on the packaging

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Spot Treatment
  • "First of all, let me put it out there that I have very sensitive skin. I have be very careful about what I put on my face. I've never really been able to use acne creams because they cause so much discomfort. When I started using this product, I was broken out very badly, so it was perfect timing for me to try this out. The cream itself is very light and creamy. It applied very easily and wasn't greasy at all. I did have some slight tingling and burning due to my skin's sensitivity. However, it didn't last very long. I've been using the product for about 5 days now and have noticed a dramatic change in my skin's appearance. I give this product an A+!" in 33 reviews
  • "I will say, however, that my daughter who is 14 has very very sensitive skin and this stuff dried her out pretty bad so she doesn't like it." in 4 reviews
Tiffany C.
Tinton Falls, NJ
This is a great product to have in your arsenal if you suffer from seemingly constant, small adult acne breakouts. I wear makeup throughout the day and despite using acne-targeted, shine-reducing, luxury brands, my genetics don't seem to care. Personally, I prefer using this at night and consistently so it has a chance to really sink in, and I wake up with nothing ever getting or looking worse... which is certainly a step in the right direction. I've notice with benzoyl peroxide products sometimes breakouts tend to get worse before better (with that "worse" phase overstaying it's welcome), as your skin is purging, but I had perhaps one day of that before my skin quickly got adjusted. It's pretty strong stuff and I have truly thick skin, so I personally wouldn't recommend it for super sensitive skin and would recommend to stick with the moisturizer instead. It says to apply up to 3x's daily, and perhaps it would be the most effective eradicator if applied as so, but it does create a film when dried that tends to be a strange texture under makeup (sort of pilling and rolling off). But considering the price vs the size, I don't mind applying it at night only, and it still seems to be doing really great things for my skin, and a little actually does go a long way. I received this for testing from Influenster, but I strive to keep all reviews unbiased.
Jennifer A.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
This is the most effective product I've found at curbing cystic acne when it's starting to come to the surface. My skin has always reacted better to benzoyl peroxide than salicylic acid (until I started using Sunday Riley U.F.O. oil - this has eliminated my cystic acne that happened around my cycle *knock wood*).

Before this, I used to use Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10, which I didn't find effective and was intensely drying I can use Effaclar Duo for a couple of days before it starts to dry my skin out - and now that I've added oils into my routine (Rose Hip Seed Oil and SR U.F.O.), I barely see any dryness. I like this because it can be rubbed into the skin (unlike other leave-on overnight applications), and it is mattifying. A little goes a long way, and you don't need to use this for more than few days at most. This is one that I have repurchased for years and is always part of my arsenal now.
Jenna Y.
Cranberry Twp, PA
I received this in h influenster vox box about a month ago and I think it might be my new go to for spot acne treatment. My skin is super sensitive so I was a little hesitant at first but I’m so glad I tried it. It’s light and doesn’t make my face feel greasy at all. I never felt like my skin was dry either. However, I did use their facial moisturizer after (which I also love). A little goes a long way! I woke up on Tuesday and had a huge breakout and I’ll just let the before and after photos speak for themselves. I think I’ll use it one more day just to make sure everything is cleared up! La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Spot Treatment
Richa P.
Sandy Springs, GA
First things first: Influenster sent me this product at the perfect time! I recently went to the dermatologist for a consultation. My skin isn't terrible with acne but I do have breakouts that occur and leave really bad scars.

The cream that my dermatologist prescribed was EXPENSIVE and my insurance doesn't cover it. So, when I got this product, I decided to give this a try instead of spending the money on that other cream. . . and let me say, I have found the acne cream for me!

This is such a fast, effective spot treatment and it does not dry my skin out terribly. I just used my regular moisturizer and I didn't break out terribly. GREAT product! Highly recommend it to those with hormonal breakouts who need a quick solution!
P M.
Marietta, GA
I received this for free in my VoxBox for Influenster. I have extremely sensitive skin that is usually irritated with most acne products and I get very dry and peely. I've had absolutely NO irritation and dryness using the spot treatment luckily which is definitely a plus. Taking off a star though because it didn't seem to heal my pimples very effectively. I had some big painful pimples and the pain went down some over a couple days but the actual pimples still took about a week to fade. Not sure if it was due to natural time or helped by the treatment. I don't have a lot of inflammatory acne (mostly comedones), so the product may be better suited for those that do.
Abby K.
Grosse Pt Wds, MI
I loved this product! I liked that it contained a high percentage of benzoyl peroxide, because it made me feel like it would actually work well to target acne. I was a first time user with this, and i immediately thought of purchasing more after I finished the tube (which I actually cut open because that's how badly I wanted to use up every ounce of this product!). I thought it worked very well to dry up and clear the acne on my face and chest area. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. I also like how this product is easily accessible and can be bought from your local drugstore or Target.
Allison T.
San Diego, CA
Ok so this is a tough product for me to review because at first I liked it and now I'm not sure. I was having a breakout so decided to give this a shot simce it came in my influenster box. It helped initially and cleared my skin a little but then I must have had a reaction to it. I got a ton of little white heads everywhere I put it, my skin is incredibly dry and scaly right now. I'm probably never going to use it again because now I have to deal with this...…

EDIT: I tried it again and had almost the same effects. I think it is just really REALLY strong and shouldn't be left on for long. I kept it on over night and I think that was the problem. It really zaps the blemish away though so if you're careful this is a good product
Elaina Z.
Winchester, CA
Unfortunately this product did not suit me well. I think my skin might be sensitive to benzoyl peroxide because my face got extremely itchy and super dry for several days after just two uses. Once that cleared up my skin did appear to be better however the discomfort is unfortunately not worth it for me. I do still think this is likely a great product, just not for me!
Ka V.
Warren, MI
I usually have acne-prone skin, but my skin has actually been the best it’s ever been in a long time! With that said, I haven’t much breakouts, but one or two during my menstrual cycle and I applied this spot treatment before bed! I like it because it doesn’t burn like other spot treatments I’ve used before. The next morning my pimples decreased in size!

Excited to keep using this for future breakouts and test it to its full abilities! Good so far. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Spot Treatment
Danielle J.
First of all, I just graduated nursing school. With that comes the NCLEX! I don't usually have horrible breakouts, but the night before my NCLEX, stress overwhelmed me! I woke up and my skin looked insane. I had a horrible breakout. I used this product from my VoxBox and of course, it worked like magic! The first day, it cleared up most of the breakout and by the second day it was gone. I'm definitely a fan of this product, as well as the brand in general! It's a little pricey, BUT IT WORKS!
Valeria C.
Has anybody tried it?
Julissa M.
Fort Myers, FL
Will this help cystic acne?
Teju K.
Bath Spa
Been using this for 2 weeks now, haven't noticed any difference with my acne except I am breaking out a lot!! Does anyone else have this problem ??
Shams B.
Did anyone get new acne after using this?
Raechel H.
Troy, MI
I have heard great things about this product for spot treatment of acne but I'm wondering if it's worth the money?

back