BY LA ROCHE-POSAY #10 in Acne Treatments

DUAL ACTION ACNE TREATMENT: Visibly reduces all types of acne blemishes and penetrates deep into pores to clear even stubborn blackheads and whiteheads.

• With micronized benzoyl peroxide cream (5.5%) to fight acne deep in the skin. Micro-exfoliating LHA provides precise cell by cell exfoliation to clear away dulling cellular debris and oil
  • Non-drying, oil-free, fast absorbing texture
  • Use as an acne spot treatment or all over face for moderate acne

Effaclar Duo is a dual action treatment with Benzoyl Peroxide for acne. Contains:

• Micronized Benzoyl Peroxide cream [5.5%]: A powerful acne medication in a unique micronized format to penetrate pores and clear blemishes, formulated to help reduce irritation.
  • Micro-exfoliating LHA for precise cell-by-cell exfoliation to smooth roughness and gradually even skin texture.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS

Benzoyl Peroxide 5.5% (Acne Medication)

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS

Water • Isostearyl Alcohol • Glycerin • Pentylene Glycol • Silica • Carbomer • Capryloyl Salicylic Acid • Potassium Hydroxide • Tocopheryl Acetate • Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer • Disodium EDTA • Epilobium Angustioflium Flower/leaf/stem Extract.

Usage:

• Use as a daily, acne treatment.
  • Apply thin layer morning and/or evening 1-2 times daily to affected areas.
  • For more severe acne, use as a full face treatment.
  • Keep out of reach of children.
  • For further instructions, refer to the Drug Facts on the packaging

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Spot Treatment
  • "First of all, let me put it out there that I have very sensitive skin. I have be very careful about what I put on my face. I've never really been able to use acne creams because they cause so much discomfort. When I started using this product, I was broken out very badly, so it was perfect timing for me to try this out. The cream itself is very light and creamy. It applied very easily and wasn't greasy at all. I did have some slight tingling and burning due to my skin's sensitivity. However, it didn't last very long. I've been using the product for about 5 days now and have noticed a dramatic change in my skin's appearance. I give this product an A+!" in 33 reviews
  • "I will say, however, that my daughter who is 14 has very very sensitive skin and this stuff dried her out pretty bad so she doesn't like it." in 4 reviews
Tiffany C.
Tinton Falls, NJ
This is a great product to have in your arsenal if you suffer from seemingly constant, small adult acne breakouts. I wear makeup throughout the day and despite using acne-targeted, shine-reducing, luxury brands, my genetics don't seem to care. Personally, I prefer using this at night and consistently so it has a chance to really sink in, and I wake up with nothing ever getting or looking worse... which is certainly a step in the right direction. I've notice with benzoyl peroxide products sometimes breakouts tend to get worse before better (with that "worse" phase overstaying it's welcome), as your skin is purging, but I had perhaps one day of that before my skin quickly got adjusted. It's pretty strong stuff and I have truly thick skin, so I personally wouldn't recommend it for super sensitive skin and would recommend to stick with the moisturizer instead. It says to apply up to 3x's daily, and perhaps it would be the most effective eradicator if applied as so, but it does create a film when dried that tends to be a strange texture under makeup (sort of pilling and rolling off). But considering the price vs the size, I don't mind applying it at night only, and it still seems to be doing really great things for my skin, and a little actually does go a long way. I received this for testing from Influenster, but I strive to keep all reviews unbiased.
Jennifer A.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
This is the most effective product I've found at curbing cystic acne when it's starting to come to the surface. My skin has always reacted better to benzoyl peroxide than salicylic acid (until I started using Sunday Riley U.F.O. oil - this has eliminated my cystic acne that happened around my cycle *knock wood*).

Before this, I used to use Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10, which I didn't find effective and was intensely drying I can use Effaclar Duo for a couple of days before it starts to dry my skin out - and now that I've added oils into my routine (Rose Hip Seed Oil and SR U.F.O.), I barely see any dryness. I like this because it can be rubbed into the skin (unlike other leave-on overnight applications), and it is mattifying. A little goes a long way, and you don't need to use this for more than few days at most. This is one that I have repurchased for years and is always part of my arsenal now.
Jenna Y.
Cranberry Twp, PA
I received this in h influenster vox box about a month ago and I think it might be my new go to for spot acne treatment. My skin is super sensitive so I was a little hesitant at first but I’m so glad I tried it. It’s light and doesn’t make my face feel greasy at all. I never felt like my skin was dry either. However, I did use their facial moisturizer after (which I also love). A little goes a long way! I woke up on Tuesday and had a huge breakout and I’ll just let the before and after photos speak for themselves. I think I’ll use it one more day just to make sure everything is cleared up! La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Spot Treatment
Alena C.
Douglasville, GA
I LOVE this product!! It is my go-to acne treatment cream and has completely changed my skin from being a red, broken out mess to a clear, acne-free complexion. I have been struggling with acne for most of my life, from a teenager all the up into my mid-20s. As most people in that situation, I have tried every product and remedy that promised a cure and honestly none of them worked for my skin, even remotely, as well as this product. I have been using it for 4 years now and it is still essential to my skincare routine. My fave part about this cream is that it works FAST!! I am not exaggerating when I say, it clears breakouts overnight, or at least drastically reduces their size, if they’re the more stubborn ones. It also noticeably reduces any redness or dark spots that are left on my skin after a breakout. I feel like it even helps repair atrophic acne scars (the ones that are indentions in the skin). For me it completely transformed my complexion from super oily to normal. It is medicine, so it can be a little drying if you use too much or too often, so a little goes a long way. Overall, it clears up acne, evens out the tone and texture of skin, and helps skin regulate it oil production. I would absolutely recommend trying this product if you are in need of an acne treatment!!!
Richa P.
Sandy Springs, GA
First things first: Influenster sent me this product at the perfect time! I recently went to the dermatologist for a consultation. My skin isn't terrible with acne but I do have breakouts that occur and leave really bad scars.

The cream that my dermatologist prescribed was EXPENSIVE and my insurance doesn't cover it. So, when I got this product, I decided to give this a try instead of spending the money on that other cream. . . and let me say, I have found the acne cream for me!

This is such a fast, effective spot treatment and it does not dry my skin out terribly. I just used my regular moisturizer and I didn't break out terribly. GREAT product! Highly recommend it to those with hormonal breakouts who need a quick solution!
Pooja M.
Des Moines, IA
I received this for free in my VoxBox for Influenster. I have extremely sensitive skin that is usually irritated with most acne products and I get very dry and peely. I've had absolutely NO irritation and dryness using the spot treatment luckily which is definitely a plus. Taking off a star though because it didn't seem to heal my pimples very effectively. I had some big painful pimples and the pain went down some over a couple days but the actual pimples still took about a week to fade. Not sure if it was due to natural time or helped by the treatment. I don't have a lot of inflammatory acne (mostly comedones), so the product may be better suited for those that do.
Abby K.
Grosse Pt Wds, MI
I loved this product! I liked that it contained a high percentage of benzoyl peroxide, because it made me feel like it would actually work well to target acne. I was a first time user with this, and i immediately thought of purchasing more after I finished the tube (which I actually cut open because that's how badly I wanted to use up every ounce of this product!). I thought it worked very well to dry up and clear the acne on my face and chest area. I would definitely recommend this to a friend. I also like how this product is easily accessible and can be bought from your local drugstore or Target.
Ka V.
Warren, MI
I usually have acne-prone skin, but my skin has actually been the best it’s ever been in a long time! With that said, I haven’t much breakouts, but one or two during my menstrual cycle and I applied this spot treatment before bed! I like it because it doesn’t burn like other spot treatments I’ve used before. The next morning my pimples decreased in size!

Excited to keep using this for future breakouts and test it to its full abilities! Good so far. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Spot Treatment
Hayley D.
I have been using this for almost 3 days and I can really say I see a difference already. I have sensitive acne prone skin that easily gets red. With my skin I can tell within a few days if a product is working and I could tell this one was the first day. I am using this along with panoxyl 10% face wash. I have combination/oily skin and these products actually don’t dry out my face too much. My face feels tight and clean but not dry.

This product has definitely cleared up my skin and brightened it up. I think i used too much the other day and my face got really red and burned so I didn’t put it on that night and I woke up and it was fine. Just be careful how much you use it- maybe start by only using it at night.

Excited to see what my skin will look like in a week!
sarahi c.
Boise, ID
I want to love this product, I really do! It works great for cystic acne and as a spot treatment. However, my skin is super sensitive so after I first apply it - it leaves a red mark wherever the product is and it's almost like it "burns" my skin if that makes sense. The formula works to target acne but my skin becomes super red and itchy. If your skin isn't too sensitive I think this product will work for you.
Valeria C.
Has anybody tried it?
Julissa M.
Fort Myers, FL
Will this help cystic acne?
Teju K.
Bath Spa
Been using this for 2 weeks now, haven't noticed any difference with my acne except I am breaking out a lot!! Does anyone else have this problem ??
Shams B.
Did anyone get new acne after using this?
Hazifa M.
Høyanger
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (+) Do I apply this product on its own or do I require any other product for afterwards?