BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

Complete care reinforced with an anti-imperfection efficacy, to help rapidly clear existing spots, prevent their reappearance and limit the risk of marks.  Efficacy from 12h.

Tested on oily acne-prone skin, severe and recurring imperfections, and persistent marks. Tested on more than 6700 subjects, all skin tones*. Allergy tested. Non-comedogenic. Suitable for sensitive skin. Tested under dermatological control. For teenagers and adults.

Anti-imperfections, anti-marks and anti-recurrence.

Active ingredient innovation:

• Procerad: helps protect against the appearance of red or brown marks.
  • Mannose: stimulates skin regeneration.
  • APF: helps durably restore skin’s balance.
  • Niacinamide: active ingredient for intensive soothing. Decreases redness.
  • Piroctone olamine to combat bacterial proliferation
  • LHA and salicylic acid micro-exfoliates without irritating.
  • Zinc PCA: reduces sebum secretion.

Apply to whole face morning and/or evening after cleansing skin with EFFACLAR FOAMING GEL. Excellent make-up base for La Roche-Posay products.
Take a small amount of cream, the equivalent of the pulp at the tip of the finger. Heat the cream between your fingers to facilitate its penetration without overemphasizing the face. Then, with the hands placed on each side of the face, gently massage your forehead, making light movements from the inside to the outside of the face. Do the same on the middle area, always from the nose to the cheeks.

• Can someone recommend me some good skincare products to h...2 Answers
  • I've been looking for trying this for ages. Is it good fo...6 Answers
  • I've been looking for trying this for ages. Is it good fo...2 Answers
Andreina P.
Doral, FL
I am not so confident about this product since it does make pimples go away quickly but it leaves a red spot for a while. I do have sensitive and light skin, but still I have tried other products that do not leave marks
sairee S.
Levittown , NY
La Roche posay Duo+ esta crema es lo máximo para personas con acné como yo, es suave siente tu piel hidratada el precio no es problema porque si efecto de solución es rápido podrás ver los resultados en pocas semanas
Prisci C.
This product is great to use over current acne. It's gentle enough that it doesn't dry out my skin, but it's perfect on those closed, red and inflamed pimples. I don't use this everyday, only when I need it.
Ivonne C.
Lexington , KY
I have the complete Effaclar system and it is gentle yet effective. I use the cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia2 (on low speed since this is a powerful cleanser) and instead of using the clarifying lotion, I use their Thermal Spring water as a toner, follow up with Effaclar Duo on my problem areas (chin) and follow with my anti-aging products in other areas of the face (eye cream, serum and moisturizer). The clarifying lotion I only use it on days when I am particularly oily or have breakouts in other areas of the face. I am also careful to sleep in a white pillowcase, Effaclar Duo has benzoil peroxide which will bleach your bedding. I honestly prefer Effaclar Duo to something like Clinique gel (with 1% salicilic acid). The Clinique product also works but produces a very harsh stinging sensation, whilst Duo doesn't and a little goes a long way.
Giovanna D.
This is my favorite skin care product of all times ! Note that the Effaclar Duo + (this one), is different from the version sold in the US (Effaclar Duo). The + has salicylic  acid in its composition, while the US version had glycolic acid.

I love this + version because it is gentle enough that I can use on my sensitive skin. Whenever my skin is freaking out and I start getting pimples all around, this is what saves me.

In reality, I use this everyday under my makeup. It creates a nice velvety base for me to put my makeup on, and it prevents my pores from getting clogged.

- as a side note, the US version with glycolic acid has the total opposite effect on my skin. It breaks me out and makes my skin really reactive.

Lyndsey W.
Fontana , CA
I love this for many reasons, 1. It’s a cream based product. Simply being able to rub the cream on without it feeling like a gel makes this product worth the buy. 2. This has not made my skin dry. The cream works so well with the ph in my skin already that I can use it every night with no noticeable dryness. This product has been the only thing that has helped my cystic acne on my neck. We all know cystic acne is a hormonal issue, but this cream has helped me manage it while I try to get my hormones under control. It’s a perfect spot treatment. Just dab on at night, and wake up with noticeable results in the am. Just wash and go.
Gabrielle N.
Seattle, WA
Moisturize! Moiturize ! Moiturize ! Most negative reviews about this product is that it burns, dries out skin, and leaves skin flaky but that is what it's supposed to do. You have to moisturize your skin when you use any acne product that is this aggressive, not just this one. Clean your skin > Toner > Acne Treatment > Moiturizer. And Sun screen but I live in Seattle so I don't have too much problem with it. Anyway, after months of using tea tree product collection and unfortunately, it does not do anything for my skin, I started to have terrible painful breakout on my jawline. I decided to give this product a try and Holy Moly, it works! The first few applications can be burning, especially if you haven't use this kind of product before. I know you can get it at any store and online but think of it as a medication cream and use it to with disciplines. After three days, my painful acne dried out and skin started to heal. I use a moisturizer to keep the dryness in control but it will definitely dry out your skin. So if you have very dry and sensitive skin, use this product sparingly and started small only on the spot. Again, moisturizer you skin!!!
Analicia C.
I tried this product for a year, due to an outbreak of hormonal acne. I bought it because I read very good opinions about it for acne, at first I put it all over my face but after two months I only placed it on the pimples because it does not remove the acne only helps to dry and fade the spots.
I Never use it alone, that's why I do not know if it works 100% because it uses other products for acne
Julie H.
Beaverton, OR
One of my favorite benzoyl peroxide products out there! This is a light weight lotion containing benzoyl peroxide to help kill bacteria and heal acne. It's a tall thin tube but a little goes a very long way. This healed blemishes without completely drying out the skin. Benzoyl peroxide can bleach your sheets so you might want to use an old pillow case if you use this at night. I love the La Roche Posay brand and would recommend this product
Aubrey H.
Nashville, TN
This is my holy grail acne treatment. What I like best about this product is that it isn't harsh on the skin. I have sensitive skin and this is the only acne treatment that gets anywhere near my face as so many other treatments are so harsh that they actually cause my skin to inflame and breakout more. Whereas, this product not only helps to reduce the size of any active breakouts, but it also helps them to heal.
I've been looking for trying this for ages. Is it good for acne? Can anybody help me?
Emma C.
Do I apply this before or after my moisturiser??
Hana b.
Have you tried this product before? What are your thoughts about it? Does it eliminate old acne scars and hyperpigmentation?
Jessica W.
Mid Glamorgan, Maesteg
Can someone recommend me some good skincare products to help get rid of blackheads and the odd break out, and how to keep up with keeping your skin clear? I usually use La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (+) which is very good, but as soon as I stop using it (because I ran out) my skin is breaking out again. Also it takes a while to start clearing up once I start using it again. Please help!