BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

Breakthrough technology patent-pending combination of micronized benzoyl peroxide [5.5%] to reduce acne inflammation and micro-exfoliating lha [0.4%] to exfoliate and even texture. Clinically proven to reduce acne as effectively as the leading acne prescription. description dual action treatment reduces the number and severity of breakouts, improves pore size. Minimal irritation. Apply all over face one to three times daily. recommended for mild to moderate acne-prone skin. Mixed blackheads and whiteheads with inflamed breakouts. benefits as effective as the leading acne prescription visibly reduces... see more...

• La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Do I apply this product on its own o...3 Answers
  • How long does the matting effect?4 Answers
  • Will this help cystic acne?9 Answers
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
  • "I will say, however, that my daughter who is 14 has very very sensitive skin and this stuff dried her out pretty bad so she doesn't like it." in 4 reviews
Jennifer A.
Lake Forest, CA
This is the most effective product I've found at curbing cystic acne when it's starting to come to the surface. My skin has always reacted better to benzoyl peroxide than salicylic acid (until I started using Sunday Riley U.F.O. oil - this has eliminated my cystic acne that happened around my cycle *knock wood*).

Before this, I used to use Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10, which I didn't find effective and was intensely drying I can use Effaclar Duo for a couple of days before it starts to dry my skin out - and now that I've added oils into my routine (Rose Hip Seed Oil and SR U.F.O.), I barely see any dryness. I like this because it can be rubbed into the skin (unlike other leave-on overnight applications), and it is mattifying. A little goes a long way, and you don't need to use this for more than few days at most. This is one that I have repurchased for years and is always part of my arsenal now.
Kelly B.
Pt Pleas Bch, NJ
I use rodan and fields skincare products and swear by them. However that doesn’t mean I don’t get the occasional blemish. I love this stuff because of how quick and effective it works. I use as a spot treatment several times a day if I have a blemish and it definitely helps it go away. Despite the high price tag it lasts a very long time so it’s totally worth it.
Emily K.
Parma, OH
I absolutely can not live without this. I get ridiculously bad hormonal acne all over my cheeks and my jawline. I tried this on a whim hoping it would help after murad discontinued my favorite spot treatment. It is completely worth the money and I will never buy anything else for acne.
Grace G.
Santa Rosa, CA
I love this product!!! It’s the only thing that has helped to cure my acne. I got it at Target, and also on amazon. Super refreshing, and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I highly recommend this to people struggling with acne.
Annamarie R.
Storrs
Awesome for drying out spots! It, like the rest of the Effaclar line, fairly expensive. It does have a high concentration of the active ingredients, but a lot of these can be found at much lower price in other brands.

The packaging is pretty and the spot treatment is quick.
Kala P.
Detroit
*** HATED IT ***  If I could give it ZERO STARS, I would!!! I bought the La Roche-Posay Effaclar (medicated gel cleanser)  for my daughter and I... This crap burned my daughter's face, made her skin peel, and literally both of us are broken out worse than ever before in life. I only used the face wash three times. My daughter used it maybe 5 or 6 times. Regardless, that shouldn't matter. I've found countless reviews of people saying the same thing. Don't waste your money, and don't ruin your skin!
Syeda I.
I apply this to any pimples I have on my face, even the deep cystic acne that has yet to come to a head. Putting this treatment on cystic acne resolves them within two days. I would recommend using a moisturizer because it does dry the areas it's been applied to. I usually use sunscreen as a daytime moisturizer and for nighttime I use a sleeping pack or snail cream. I love this stuff and has helped my skin clear and smooth out.
Alejandra E.
New York
I use to have terrible acne before and I bought this product in a CVS because it had good reviews. It didn’t work on my face I don’t know why. After using it for 3 days my face was irritated and I was feeling burning spots.
Lindsay M.
Costa Mesa, CA
I'm super into La Roche Posay as a brand, but their whole effaclar line is the real deal. As an adult with acne, this stuff is a true saving grace, without drying out your skin. There's another version of this which includes SPF–it's not as effective, but it's great for daytime wear, when this one is better for nighttime.
Bianca L.
Inglewood, CA
Good for when I have break outs, I put this on and in a couple of days my bump is gone. It got four stars cause I have had some spot treatments that have it gone within a day
Valeria C.
Has anybody tried it?
Julissa M.
Fort Myers, FL
Will this help cystic acne?
Teju K.
Bath Spa
Been using this for 2 weeks now, haven't noticed any difference with my acne except I am breaking out a lot!! Does anyone else have this problem ??
Shams B.
Did anyone get new acne after using this?
Simone D.
Newhall, CA
I tend to have a lot of redness as well as sensitive skin. Do you think this is something I should try?