BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 40 Sunscreen is a multitasking face and body cream designed to block damaging UVA and UVB rays from ever taking a toll on your skin. Fortified with mexoryl SX, and an organic, photo-stable sun filter, you can enjoy the sun without suffering the consequences. Your skin is a treasure and the sun is a force to be reckoned with, so why risk it?

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Ecamsule 3%, Octocrylene 10%, Titanium Dioxide 5%

Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer 940, carbomer Copolymer Type B, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Edetate Disodium, Glycerin, Hydropropyl Methylcellulose, Isopropyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinylpyrrolidone/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Stearic Acid, Stearoyl Macrogolglycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Trolamine

Usage: Apply all over face and body approximately 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Reapply after excessive sweating or swimming. Consult a doctor for children under 6 months of age.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 40 Sunscreen Cream
  • "This is the only sunblock my son can wear on his face without having an allergic reaction. It goes on light and doesn't feel greasy. This is definitely a product for those with sensitive skin." in 33 reviews
  • "I always keep this with me when i'm traveling since it's got really good staying power - I don't find I need to continually reapply, which is nice since I put it on under makeup." in 1 review
  • "I wear it every day under my make-up or just by itself." in 1 review
Sah G.
Purchased at: Amazon
I swear by it. I have never been able to use sunscreen for 25-30yrs of my life, because my skin will breakout with those oily products. I had tried so many brands over such a long time that i lost the list now. This was recommended by a colleague of mine who has skin you will be jealous of. Gave it a try and has never stopped since then. It doesn’t add any oil to clog your skin. It’s very light. And does its job beautifully but silently. You will forget you are wearing this, it’s so light. Can’t rave enough about it. Got my full family hooked to it
Diva k.
Purchased at: ULTA
I’ve always thought La Roche-Posay was some expensive European product but I found it at ulta and decided to try this sunscreen . It works just good not too heavy which is what I’m looking for in a sunscreen . Love it La Roche-Posay Anthelios 40 Sunscreen Cream
Starr K.
Long Beach , CA
This was a super light weight great smelling lotion. I received a sample in my allure box and fell in love. It was super effective and didn’t leave a white cast. I will for sure be purchasing the full size as I love this sunscreen!
Toni C.
I love this sunscreeen and would never use anything else. Not only is it effective, but the texture of my skin is soft and ready for either nothing on top or a light layer of makeup. My makeup goes on so smooth after it
Jill J.
Los Angeles, CA
I purchased this item to wear at the beach or pool to protect my face from the sun. I like that it is PABA free and non comedogenic. It was not at all greasy, which is a big concern for me when it comes to sunscreen. It has a nice matte finish. I usually only have to apply it once - sometimes I will reapply it if I've been sweating. It does a great job of shielding my skin from the sun. I would recommend this product.
Elizabeth B.
Pryor
Purchased at: Walgreens
My favorite sunscreen for my face! Not oily, goes on smooth and dries quick. No weird smell. Works so well with my very fair skin and easy to put on under my make up and go out during summer!
Kaitlyn P.
I love this sunscreen for my face. I recommendthis to everyone I know. It doesn't clog your pores, or make your skin feel oily, or greasy feeling. It still on for about the 2 hours and then I reapply like all sunscreen, it might last longer then that but I'm always worried about skin cancer so I reapply every 2 hours. But I but this every summer and use it all by the end of the summer.
Neda N.
Acworth, GA
I love using this product every time I know that I am going to be in a lot of sun because I know that it will provide me optimal coverage. I don't think that is worth the money because it is a little bit drying to the skin and sometimes oil it. So it's not a perfect balance but overall it's good but I probably will by the end
Tyra H.
My dermatologist recommended La Roche Posay products for my sensitive skin and rosacea. This sunscreen is mild enough to wear in my face every day, but it definitely has that sunscreen odor and is greasy. I prefer other products in this line with sunscreen properties fir my face and a less expensive sunscreen for my body.
Beautiful L.
This product was ok but good for oily skin. It was disappointing because it left my face really oily. The packaging was ok. I’m a first time user of this sunscreen but I have been using other products from this product line. I would not repurchase this product.
Karina P.
Elkhart, IN
How well does this sunscreen protect the skin?
Lisa R.
Is this a good sunscreen for under makeup?
Emma L.
Cape Eliz, ME
Do you find that you can wear makeup on top of this sunscreen? Am looking for a relatively high SPF sunscreen that won't cause my makeup to melt off!
Emma L.