BY LA ROCHE-POSAY

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 40 Sunscreen is a multitasking face and body cream designed to block damaging UVA and UVB rays from ever taking a toll on your skin. Fortified with mexoryl SX, and an organic, photo-stable sun filter, you can enjoy the sun without suffering the consequences. Your skin is a treasure and the sun is a force to be reckoned with, so why risk it?

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Ecamsule 3%, Octocrylene 10%, Titanium Dioxide 5%

Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer 940, carbomer Copolymer Type B, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Edetate Disodium, Glycerin, Hydropropyl Methylcellulose, Isopropyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinylpyrrolidone/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Stearic Acid, Stearoyl Macrogolglycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Trolamine

Usage: Apply all over face and body approximately 15 minutes prior to sun exposure. Reapply after excessive sweating or swimming. Consult a doctor for children under 6 months of age.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 40 Sunscreen Cream
  • "This is the only sunblock my son can wear on his face without having an allergic reaction. It goes on light and doesn't feel greasy. This is definitely a product for those with sensitive skin." in 33 reviews
  • "I always keep this with me when i'm traveling since it's got really good staying power - I don't find I need to continually reapply, which is nice since I put it on under makeup." in 1 review
  • "I wear it every day under my make-up or just by itself." in 1 review
May B.
Essex, MD
Purchased at: Target
My face gets tanned super fast and all other sunscreens are harsh on my skin until i tried this one it’s very gentle and smooth i’ve been using it since. I’m only giving it five stars because you need to extra rub it so it would blend in with your skin color. Overall it’s great!!
Megan G.
Superb sunscreen - causes no breakouts even on my ultra-sensitive skin when worn all day while hiking or running. It's an amazing value and should definitely be on your shopping list. I used this all last summer and will be buying it again. I highly recommend this sunscreen.
Starr K.
Long Beach , CA
This was a super light weight great smelling lotion. I received a sample in my allure box and fell in love. It was super effective and didn’t leave a white cast. I will for sure be purchasing the full size as I love this sunscreen!
Toni C.
I love this sunscreeen and would never use anything else. Not only is it effective, but the texture of my skin is soft and ready for either nothing on top or a light layer of makeup. My makeup goes on so smooth after it
Bella M.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Great sun protection while still feeling comfortable. This product is very light and does a great job of protecting my skin. Absolutely love it. Only thing I don’t love is the price, but it is a high end sunscreen.
Jill J.
Los Angeles, CA
I purchased this item to wear at the beach or pool to protect my face from the sun. I like that it is PABA free and non comedogenic. It was not at all greasy, which is a big concern for me when it comes to sunscreen. It has a nice matte finish. I usually only have to apply it once - sometimes I will reapply it if I've been sweating. It does a great job of shielding my skin from the sun. I would recommend this product.
Gretchen B.
Delaware
My family swears by this sunscreen! It doesn’t break you out or leave a white layer to the skin. It’s effective and can be worn under makeup. I’ll be wearing this sunscreen for the rest of my life
Kaitlyn P.
I love this sunscreen for my face. I recommendthis to everyone I know. It doesn't clog your pores, or make your skin feel oily, or greasy feeling. It still on for about the 2 hours and then I reapply like all sunscreen, it might last longer then that but I'm always worried about skin cancer so I reapply every 2 hours. But I but this every summer and use it all by the end of the summer.
Kelley Q.
Fort Worth
Purchased at: ULTA
Light and good coverage. Does not smell like other sunscreens. I wear it under my make up and I like it. Only thing I don’t like about it is that it sometimes leaves a residue so I make sure to rub it in really good.
Sah G.
Purchased at: Amazon
I swear by it. I have never been able to use sunscreen for 25-30yrs of my life, because my skin will breakout with those oily products. I had tried so many brands over such a long time that i lost the list now. This was recommended by a colleague of mine who has skin you will be jealous of. Gave it a try and has never stopped since then. It doesn’t add any oil to clog your skin. It’s very light. And does its job beautifully but silently. You will forget you are wearing this, it’s so light. Can’t rave enough about it. Got my full family hooked to it
Karina P.
Elkhart, IN
How well does this sunscreen protect the skin?
Lisa R.
Is this a good sunscreen for under makeup?
Emma L.
Cape Eliz, ME
Do you find that you can wear makeup on top of this sunscreen? Am looking for a relatively high SPF sunscreen that won't cause my makeup to melt off!
Emma L.