La Preferida El Yucateco Green Chile Habanero Hot Sauce uploaded by Odalis M.

BY LA PREFERIDA #18 in Hot Sauce

El yucateco green chile habanero hot sauce 4 oz.

• Do these salsas have a distinct difference in taste? I feel they ta...3 Answers
  • Do you prefer the red or the green sauce?7 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Alexis T.
Alexis T.
Honestly, my absolutely FAVORITE hot sauce, and I like to consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur seeing as I keep at least 5-6 in my pantry/fridge at all times. I believe each cuisine warrants a different flavor of hot sauce, but this sauce is pretty transcendental (like sriracha) in my opinion. It's great on everything from mac & cheese, to cous-cous, to a burrito. Though I compared it to sriracha in it's multitude of cuisine uses, it's definitely nothing similar in taste since it has a Mexican background. It's not too overpowering with a super distinct taste, but provides a great amount of heat. A little goes a long way. If you dislike heat in any way, this is NOT for you. Just a drop will get your tongue tingling...
Kennedy P.
Kennedy P.
Plano, TX
Foodie Expert
This stuff is amazing! I love it just as much as the red sauce! They are very similar in flavor in my opinion. The hotness is buildable and can come on kind of quick if I am careless. I got this for under two dollars at the drugstore. For sure my favorite- even over high end sauces.
Irene R.
Irene R.
Omaha, NE
What's a tostada without Preferida Habanero sauce!!?? I can put this on almost anything an it makes it sooo much better. I've tried other brands but this is by far my favorite. Next time your at a legit Mexican place give your meal a quick douse and thank me later.
Blanca D.
Blanca D.
Foodie Expert
As i have mentioned before in other reviews, I always have my favorite salsas picantes at home. And this one is on my list.
With this one, you have to be careful because it is really hot! is not like other salsas where you keep adding more to your food without tasting it first. This is made with habaneros, one of the most spiciest chiles, so you have to eat it with caution.
I fall in love with this salsa at my friends house once we were there to eat some pozole. And since then, I've been buying this salsa every time I go to the supermarket because even though is more spicy than other salsas I have at home, I always end the bottles fast.
The only thing with this salsas is that the bottles are small for my taste. But it is ok.
And the price doesn't disappoint either. In most places they are not even 2 dollars, which is good.
Kelsey L.
Kelsey L.
New Orleans, LA
This stuff is soo good! I am a big hot sauce fanatic and tried this out the other day at one of my favorite restaurants. The price point is average for hot sauce. Since I am a hot sauce fanatic, I think this goes well with just about everything, but for someone not as into hot sauce as I am, I think it pairs well with Mexican foods. The only thing that turns me off with this is the color--wish it wasn't such a bright green, but I'll still eat it!
Sara C.
Sara C.
Foodie Expert
My #1 favorite hot sauce. I won't eat mexican without it! Put it in my salsa too! The flavor is perfect and it's just the right amount of heat for spicy food lovers! You've gotta try it! (Easy to find too!)
Amber J.
Amber J.
Manitowoc, WI
This is one of my favorite hot sauces! I love putting it on sandwiches with mayo and mustard. And it goes great with eggs. It has a tart salty sting so it's great when you want heat and lots of flavor.
Molly W.
Molly W.
White City, OR
Foodie Expert
This is my favorite hot sauce to eat on eggs. But beware it's not for the light hearted and is one of the hottest hot sauces I've ever had! It's reasonably price and I definitely would recommend
Cassie F.
Cassie F.
If you love spicy food you will love this. A restaurant near me has this hot sauce and I always use it when I go on my tacos.
Eileen S.
Eileen S.
Foodie Expert
We love this salsa in my house and commonly add it to eggs or chips or whatever else needs some spice. Caution it is spicy so if your weak with soice you might want to be careful and have some milk ready.
Izzy B.
Izzy B.
Do you prefer the red or the green sauce?
Taylor B.
Taylor B.
Findlay, OH
Do these salsas have a distinct difference in taste? I feel they taste very similar.