BY L.A. NOIRE

MotionScan is a technology provided by Depth Analysis, a sister company to Team Bondi and part of a special partnership with Rockstar Games. Every character in L.A. Noire uses MotionScan technology and over 400 actors were filmed making the game. L.A. Noire is the first video game ever to utilize MotionScan technology. ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Sexual Themes, Nudity, Use of Drugs, and Violence see more...

• How is this story-line or game-play compared to say GTAV?...2 Answers
  • Did you use a walk-thru or play straight thru?15 Answers
  • Did you enjoy this game?51 Answers
L.A. Noire
  • "The stories are great to follow through with, and the bigger picture story line is not only scandalous, but also relatable." in 51 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed this game, Each case was very interesting and when i didn't get 5 stars I would retry the case and fix everything i messed up." in 15 reviews
  • "I loved the look of the graphics and how historically true they stayed to the time period with the dialogue and other details." in 12 reviews
  • "Also, considering this comes from the makers of Grand Theft Auto, the driving controls were infuriating, but luckily they were rarely truly necessary." in 11 reviews
  • "The detective work is extremely fun and interactive because the facial expressions are realistic and you must use existing RL knowledge to understand their meanings." in 10 reviews
Syreena P.
People keep comparing this to GTA but they are nothing of the like. This game is about a detective, Cole Phelps, that gets promoted throughout the game, you search crime scenes, interrogate persons of interest, (are they lying? Telling the truth? You figuring that out helps the case a lot) having shoot outs with the bad guys, driving, and looking through evidence- etc. detective stuff.

Best part is that it’s all supposed to take place around the 50’s. So everything looks super cool. If you haven’t gotten this game, you definitely should. It’s worth it.
Brittney B.
Clarksville, TN
This is well worth its price. It’s fun, makes you think a bit and the fact that it’s based in the past makes me happy. My husband was able to finish it in a week or so but I recommend!
Deidre M.
This would have to be one of my all-time favorite games ever.  I fell in love with the game the first time I played.  The characters, the stories, the gameplay to me it was perfect.  I love RPG games and enjoy a good murder mystery as well; this was the perfect pace for me. The fact that it was open world as well was a man after my own heart.  It does disappoint me though that ROCKSTAR GAMES never came out with a sequel to this game. If you're not really into gaming but enjoy a good story then I recommend you check this game out.
Camille O.
Perris, CA
I really enjoyed playing this game. I like playing investigative games but this one, your choices affect the outcome of the game, which makes it more fun. The cinematics and graphics of this game is also pretty good which makes it more enjoyable to play it.
Samantha H.
Guntown, MS
I grew up watching noir films and reading noir books - the Golden Age of Hollywood is one of my favorite eras and I bought L.A. Noire on the day it was released and I have yet to stop loving it.

I'm a sucker for games with a story and interesting characters and this game has both. Phelps is such a complex character, you never know if you should like him or not. Is he a good guy whose fighting for justice and trying to clean up the streets? Or is he a coward who betrayed his friends and family? Did he deserve what happened to him? Why is this game so good?

The graphics are awesome - you can definitely tell they spent a lot of time researching what LA looked like back then. Even the selection of music on your radio is flawless.

The investigations are so cool - it's up to you to piece together the clues and solve the case. This game doesn't hold your hand, you have to BECOME an awesome detective if you don't want to fail everything.

And the combat is really smooth and fun to play. There are only a few snags in my enjoyment of this game and they were always caused by being forced to chase a suspect in a car. I'm bad at keeping my destruction of property to a minimum.

And finally, The Black Dahlia case was the high point of the game. Deciphering clues based on the poetry of Shelley? YES PLEASE.

I can't recommend this one enough.
Riki R.
Trenton, GA
This isn't the easiest game in the world, but it is super fun for a detective game. I usually don't reach for this kind of game, but for some reason this one stood out and I actually really enjoyed playing it.
Aj J.
Riverside , CA
Gamer Expert Level 1
This was such a great game and I have no idea where they went wrong. The storyline at sometimes was lacking and kind of dumb but overall it was a great game ahead of it's time. I wish rockstar would take another try at it.
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Gamer Expert Level 1
The setting of his game was incredible! I loved the time period it was in and all of the effects. I actually beat it which I have never done with a game before. I loved it and I’ll probably play it again at some point.
Jesse S.
Dearborn, MI
I was very excited when this game was first announced. After Rockstar took over production, I felt it would be something equal to other games such as Red Dead Redemption or the GTA series.

The story is very much enthralling and I played through it in around 40 hours. The voice acting is top notch and the graphics visually appealing. I really enjoy the era this game takes place in, so it was very fun to take on the role.

The side missions felt limited and repetitive at times, and the lack of a truly open world means a real lack of replay value. After having finished the game, I was not drawn back in. Even if I didn't have all of the achievements.

I look forward to what Rockstar can do with this game as a series. While it was really fun for a single playthrough, it may have been best to pick this up used and save some money for the amount of fun I had.
Brittany M.
Humboldt, IA
This game will always get 5 stars in my book, i got sucked into this game the first time i played it and fell in love. This is such a fun story line and mystery.
Chantal H.
Irvington, KY
Did you enjoy this game?
Samantha H.
Guntown, MS
What was your favorite case?
Jessica C.
Hobart, IN
Did you use a walk-thru or play straight thru?
Myrna V.
Clifton, CO
How would you make this game better.?
krista d.
Cleveland, OH
Do you need the walkthrough?