L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold

by Giovanni Cosmetics

Giovanni L.A. Natural Styling Gel takes hold to the extreme. Its natural base includes extraordinary ingredients that grab onto your hairstyle and hold on tight. With this strong controlling gel, you can stand firm in the spotlight. With Giovanni Eco Chic Technology blend, an advanced essential oil complex. No sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate. No phthalates. This product is not tested on animals.

Is this product good in humid areas? I live in a hot humid climate and my hair becomes frizzy due to that..☹ L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold ?
Does this have a scent? What does it smell like?
I just purchased Giovanni LA hold gel and it seems to soak up in my hair bur get sticky when it starts to dry. Anyone have a similar experience [product:giovanni-la-natural-styling-gel] ?
Start your review of L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold!
Fernanda P.
Alexandria, VA
Purchased at: Target
I like this gel a lot it's at thick as most of the gels. I'm normally not a gel person cause I don't like my hair to be all hard and stuff specially cause gel normally damages your hair. But I need to say, this one has been really good it's vegan and cruelty free. I put a little bit in my hand and then put water on it and rub it in my hands before applying it in my curls. It worked pretty good and I don't need a lot so it last. I do recommend to try this product it's all so CGM approved.
Sarah I.
Clifton
L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold uploaded by Sarah I.
Protein-free, glycerin-free strong hold gel without the crunch. Perfect for all curly hair types, especially those who want definition. The product doesn’t smell the best but you won’t smell it in your hair once it dries.
Grace G.
Arlington, VA
L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold uploaded by Grace G.
L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold uploaded by Grace G.
I’ve been using this styling gel for a while. It has a super strong hold and is good for creating a gel cast in curly hair. I also like using this for gaming baby hairs on slicked back up-do’s. It doesn’t contain glycerin or protein which I know is some concern for people with curly hair. I don’t always love this and I almost never use it alone. I have to mix it with some other styler or my hair will feel crunchy. On the upside, the ingredients list is beautifully natural and it lasts a long time. On the downside, the packaging isn’t very exciting and the brand itself almost never catches my eye in Whole Foods. I’m sure this brand is full of great stuff but the look is kinda boring.
Leah N.
Springfield, VA
I’m really liking this gel. It’s has strong hole which holds my waves in place for days. It’s super thick which I wasn’t expecting but when applied to soaking wet hair it’s not an issue. No decernable scent.
Shirley L.
L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold uploaded by Shirley L.
Provides great shine, tamed frizz, but did not provide long lasting curl definition or a strong hold for my wash n go.I have 4A/B type natural hair.
Lala H.
Columbus , OH
I love this gel for my curls! I apply it on soaking wet hair, right after applying a leave-in conditioner, and just before plopping my hair in my Tee-Owl. After plopping for about 20-30 mins, I scrunch with a little bit more of this strong hold gel, and either air dry or diffuse my curls. It doesn’t leave much of a cast, but my curls are soft, bouncy, and defined. I love that Giovanni is a clean-beauty company as well.
member-45b43
I love this gel and how it provides a long lasting hold. Some people find this gel to be a little thick but I find that if you add some water to the gel, it works just fine. I also love the results I get when I mix this gel with hair cream. Also this gel weirdly smells of lettuce? Lol I don’t really care about it that much, as long as it gets the job done.
Shaked G.
Boston
Love it. Provides hard hold, while being silicone free and not heavy. It is very thick so I'd recommend mixing with water. Might take a few uses to figure it out... Great price, very affordable. Cruelty free 🐰
Jessica J.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This gel is very thick and sticky, and is tricky for me to work with. I find it works best if I use a pea sized amount at a time and emulsify it in my hands with water before applying it to my hair. I prefer thinner gels, so this is not my favorite. It can be hard to distribute evenly, and gets very hard in your hair if you put it on too thick. I get best results when I use it on soaking wet hair.
Farah B.
L.A. Natural Styling Gel Strong Hold uploaded by Farah B.
I was looking for a gel with natural ingredients that doesn't leave my hair stiff so when I read "extreme holding power" it was no no no! But I have to say when I use it my hair don't feel hard, smells really good and helps to control frizz.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Heather W.
Stroudsburg , PA
il y a 2 ans
Britt R. il y a 2 ans
I find I have to mix this with a lot of water to get it to perform well. I also experienced stickiness at first, but once I emulsified it with more water before putting it on my soaking wet hair, I got far better results. It was almost like using two different gels.