LA MER The Lip Balm

This velveteen balm with a hint of mint calms, restores and conditions, transforming lips with the most tender touch. Instantly helping to soften dryness, this emollient treatment nourishes, restores and strengthens the natural moisture barrier to help prevent further environmental damage.

Ingredient Listing: Petrolatum , Octyldodecanol , Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate , Phenyl Trimethicone , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Seaweed (Algae) Extract , Malachite , Algae Extract , Tourmaline , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed , Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal , Sodium Gluconate , Potassium Gluconate , Copper Gluconate , Calcium Gluconate , Magnesium Gluconate , Zinc Gluconate , Tocopheryl Succinate , Niacin , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Phytosphingosine , Trehalose , Polybutene , Tocopheryl Acetate , Cholesterol , Glyceryl Distearate , Water\Aqua\Eau , Glycerin , Menthyl Pca , Oleic Acid , Palmitic Acid , Sodium Saccharin , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Calcium Carbonate , Sodium Bicarbonate , Fragrance (Parfum) , Benzyl Benzoate , Limonene , Bht , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140)

Does the floral scent bother anyone else?
How do you apply this? With your fingers or a lip brush?
Is this worth the price ?
Start your review of LA MER The Lip Balm!
Product Highlights
“...ever own. This is the only lip balm that actually keeps my perpetually dry, flaky, dehydrated lips looking and feeling good. Added bonus: it's not shiny, so it's also great for guys. Seriously, treat yourself. You won't regret it.” in reviews
“...constant reapplication. I love that this lip balm is not only hydrating but nourishing as well. It expensive but its a well deserved treat for your lips. ” in reviews
“Loooooove it! Not just me ! My whole family is using it ! My two young daughters and my husband . It's not sticky and not too shiny but it hydrates the lips and it last for a long time . Smells nice too ! ” in reviews
london
Review for: no color
Best lip balm ever! A bit pricey but it really does last. I used to get at leat 2 cold sores a month, sine I’ve used this I’ve had like 3 all year. My favourite product to have in my bag
Exeter
The La Mer powerful lip balm restores chapped lips to their former plump healthy glory. I always use it at night right before bed to allow my lips to absorb all of it during my sleep. My lip feel and look brand new when I wake up.
Review for: no color
Smells like peppermint and does feel nourishing have only tested it once so can't write a review based on long term use but not quite sure on first impressions if it's worth the price tag.
Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
I have extremely dry lips. They are (were) always breaking and bleeding. One day at work, the girl in the la mer counter gave me a sample to try and, oh my God! I cant live without it anymore! It is THE ONLY lip balm that works on my lips. I tried almost everything,but this IS a game changer! A little goes a really long way! My sample is on the third week still going strong. Use it day and night and the lips are healled and dont look as dey anymore. It has a nice minty flavour and a refreshing sensation. I know it is expensive but i believe the 9g on the packaging will last a life time. I have ordered mine and am waiting to arrive.
Chesterfield
Review for: no color
I can’t lie to you all at the time of buying this La Mer lip balm I was a big La Mer devotee! However, that has passed but this is one of the few products that has stood the test of time.
Although it is definitely in the pricy side it is well worth the money - added bonus because it cost you so much you never lose it unlike cheaper lip balms. It smells fantastic, is an amazing base for lipstick and a great over night lip treatment.
On top top of all of that it lasts ages! I would definitely recommended this as a product everyone can use!  La Mer The Lip Balm, 0.32 Oz
Trowbridge
Review for: no color
I received the Lip Balm for Christmas. It has a lovely minty flavour and comes in a little pot. I prefer lip balms in a stick as they are a bit more hygienic. It would have been nice to receive a mini lip brush with lid. It’s not as good as other lip balms I have used when my lips are chapped and dry. It literally does nothing! It softens normal lips and is nice for a little freshen up when I’m not wearing lip stick. I wouldn’t buy this when mine runs out.
California
Yes yes yes! This lip balm is definitely worth the price tag. My lips always feel so great and smooth after using this highly effective product from La Mer. I would buy this a hundred times over again, this is truly the best lip balm I've ever used on these lips!
expensive but definitely worth it. works wonders in days, i feel my lips instantly more hydrated and fuller after application
Montreal, QC
Review for: no color
I have chronically dry lips. Every few weeks, I get burned, chapped lips that leave a ring around the outside of my lips. Not only does this burn, but it also creates an extreme discomfort that nothing can alleviate. I have tried Blistex, ChapStick, Vaseline, Aquaphor, Chanel, and just about everything in between. Out of frustration, I decided to buy this product. THIS IS THE ONLY PRODUCT THAT TREATS AND PREVENTS MY DRY, BURNED, CRACKED LIPS. It healed my burned lips in 2 days (instead of 2 weeks). I apply it every day and my lips have not been chapped since. I know this product is expensive but, if you are like me and suffer from a seemingly incurable lip condition, please just give this a try. It is absolutely worth the money.
Raleigh, NC
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: no color
This is a great lip balm. At the end of the day it is just a lip balm though and I just can’t justify the price. I love luxury makeup (I mean, who doesn’t) and a lot of the time I can justify the price because it’ll become a favorite that I use constantly. I did use this a lot but I didn’t feel any more moisturized than I do with a good, less expensive, lip balm like the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask which is like a quarter of the price. If you have the money to blow go for it, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed but there are other products that do the same thing at a much more reasonable price!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
10 months ago
For someone who has dry lips often would u recommend the LA MER The Lip Balm especially as something to wear under a lipstick or liquid lipstick?
Rhonda J. • 10 months ago
It felt hydrating while it was on my lips but it didn’t do any long term hydrating. My lips felt dry as soon as it wore off
Ontario
a year ago
LA MER The Lip Balm is it really worth the price for this product? Has anyone felt an extreme difference?
Rhonda J. • a year ago
Tampa
a year ago
LA MER The Lip Balm I just purchased this but am wondering if it is worth the high price point? Please advise
Rhonda J. • a year ago
I think it depends on if you have had any luck with products that cost less. I had a really hard time finding something that penetrated the skin and really helped with dryness. Not just a waxy coat that laid on the skin. it’s unique and definitely works. There’s no question it will hydrate your lips. Laneige has a lip sleeping mask that costs $20 and works pretty good. Might be a more affordable option