BY LA MER #11 in Anti-Aging

THE MIRACLE

Even now, it is not entirely clear how Creme de la Mer works. For those schooled in logic, it is something of a jolt to the imagination. But facts are facts and certainly the proof can be seen on the faces of those who use it. In a short time, skin becomes softer, firmer, looks virtually creaseless. Aging lines and pores are noticeably less visible. Even the driest of complexions are healed. Sensitivities are soothed. And, of course, there are some who insist it has produced astonishing results, as Dr. Max Huber witnessed. No wonder many who have tried every cream available remain steadfast in their devotion to Creme de la Mer.

THE LEGACY

Today, Creme de la Mer's Miracle Broth is manufactured by the same slow, meticulous bio-fermentation process created by Dr. Max Huber. And because kelp has natural antimicrobial properties, only the tiniest amounts of preservatives are necessary to maintain its long shelf life. This extraordinary Moisturizing Cream Ultrarich Cream must be individually hand-filled in order to sustain its delicate balance.

THE SECRET

Miracle Broth is suspended within its extraordinary formula. To activate the broth and release its key ingredients, warm a small amount between your fingertips. As you pat onto clean, dry skin, you will instantly feel the soothing effects of the broth. Smooth over your face, neck, even under the fragile eye area.

• How much of this do you need to use to be effective? A dab or a who...2 Answers
  • About how many months does this product typically last?15 Answers
  • What moisturizer are we living?La Mer Crème de la...Be the first to answer!
Britt T.
Britt T.
Scottsdale, AZ
Some History of the Current Product that is now on shelves: As you probably know La Mer is owned by the Estee Lauder Companies (acquired in 1995). CDLM is the only product that had been developed by Max Huber, rest of the La Mer line is newer additions of products. All of them are based (at some degree at least) on the fermented algae that is marketed as the "Miracle Broth" (trademark of the EL Co.).
EL Co. hold several patents on the Broth. If you are interested in the whole process and might want to calculate the amount of the broth used in La Mer products, it is advisable to read these patent-documents.
In short, The Broth is the end-product of the fermentation process of algae (that is sustainably sourced and hand-harvested by the company) and the additional essential oils, vitamins, minerals and different seed powders.
Composition of The Miracle Broth:
Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Panthenol

*If you want to skip over Storytime, I don't blame you!😊🙃 Jump down to paragraph 4, marked with: ***

La Mer, La Mer, La Mer... You had my heart at the age of 22 yrs old. I turned 43 yrs old, last week. Where do I begin? We've been through kids, boyfriends, divorce & everything in between. You've ALWAYS been there for me. I'll never forget, back in 1996, when I was at Saks 5th Avenue, at the Biltmore, getting my replenishments (I don't know how I lived without online shopping) & the sales ladies were snickering & laughing at me, while I was at the La Mer counter & they were across the aisle. Me, being soft-spoken, didn't want to say anything, but it was so blatantly rude & so obvious. So, I asked them what was wrong with them. They responded & I quote, "You're spending that much on skincare products? Why would you buy that, I've never seen anyone under 65, buy that!" Lastly, one made a snide remark about the fact that La Mer, not even advertising back then, that I was surely buying it for my Mom, or better yet, my Grandma... my response was, "Wait until 20 years from now, I bet you won't be laughing at me then!" Well, here we are: 20 YEARS LATER. There's not a day that goes by, that I don't have someone tell me, "there's no way you have a child in college & another in high school." On everything I love in this world.. Not a day, that I don't get a remark about how young I look or someone assuming that my kids are my friends & how nice it is, I'm paying whether it's lunch or Disneyland.. What a great friend I am.

La Mer has an incredible history. They're proven throughout the history of skincare & cosmetics~ Try the foundation, it's INCREDIBLE!!! As far as this creme works, I use it once a daily, at night. Unless, my skin is extra dry or I've had too much sun, etc.. then, I'll use it twice daily. I've had bouts where I've went down to 3-4 days a week, just to save $$. It's a strange, thick texture. It's got a light, refreshing, natural scent. It's most definitely more effective, if you use their "method" of warming up the creme, with your fingertips. Something the sales associates are trained to show you, when buying it. If you don't have access to that, I highly recommend watching videos on You Tube or something. It'll take a lot longer to see results, if you just put it on straight out of the jar, cold. It also won't spread as easily & cause you to tug on your skin more than necessary. The "miracle broth" that's present in the majority of their products, is truly miraculous!

I go back & forth with using all La Mer products, as my routine. Again, I see more results when they're working together. I love all of the products, but this is definitely my favorite. There's not a night, when I don't look forward to my nightly routine & feel as though, I'm really taking care of & treating myself. Sometimes, as we become "Mother's" we slowly stop taking "ME" time & taking care of ourselves.. This is my daily reminder that I'm worth it. It may seem silly, but it's my story/journey. We're older, much longer than we are young. Why not make sure we give our skin every opportunity to look & feel, the best we can!?!

***My skin always feels hydrated, always appears plump, healthy & fine line FREE! The texture of my skin, is completely even. I've never had an issue with visible pores, or acne. I remember being in line at a deli one day and the girl behind me, who was 20-22+ years younger, said "You have really amazing skin." It really made my day. I just told her it's all about the products you use & always washing your face, at the end of each & every day! It also helped that I had on the new LaMer Foundation, which by the way… FANTASTIC!!! I'm SO in love with the new formulation. The La Mer Creme has never irritated my skin, in fact there's many times when it has done the opposite & calmed it. Everyone in my life, (family) uses this product & no one that I know have has had a reaction to it, although I'm sure that no one product or list of ingredients can work for all. It's just not the case with me, or my daughter who uses it. She's mixed race (caucasian & african american), so I thought I'd point that out, as it's very effective on other races, as well. In the dead of the summer and it's 110° (Arizona), I'll put on La Mer's treatment lotion. It's a really nice, light-weight alternative, that has the consistency of a body lotion, like Dove or Nivea, even similar to Bath & Body Works, lotion. (runny, not thick) Don't forget to use the La Mer body lotion.. It's Ah-Mazing!!! 🙊

I'm sorry this is such a long rant. But, I truly/madly/deeply LOVE and BELIEVE in La Mer. It really bothers me, when I consistently see, bad reviews. I know, I just know that those reviews are coming from people who either haven't used it long enough or used it incorrectly, and gave up. I highly suggest that you buy a "Introductory Set," for $145, direct from La Mer. That way you can try a month, with multiple products working together. Then, hopefully you won't get discouraged. You will get 10% off your first purchase and you'll get 3 samples, too. Also, I think they're on Ebates, so you'll get cash back. They often have the, $75 off/ $350+ purchase. There's ways you can get the price down & be guaranteed that you'll see results.
I highly recommend:
serum
eye cream
body cream
refining facial (leaves your skin so shiny & soft)
Perfecting Product
LaMer Foundation
And of course: "Creme de la Mer."

I have one last thing to say: Where do you think those ladies are, that worked at Saks 5th Avenue are at now? I'd LOVE to see them & show them why I started using La Mer, all those years ago. No playing fix-up now or trying to turn back time, because I'm already THERE!
xo. 💖💘💝
Kristin W.
Kristin W.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Firstly I will say my skin in combination/extremely sensitive. I bought this full price at $310 for 2 ounces from their website. I had used this product in the past with ok results but then my skin was young and didn't need much of anything to look and stay healthy. Fast forward a decade and a half and my skin needed something. So I decided to fork over the money and give this a shot. within 3 days I noticed a huge difference. My skin looked brighter healthier, and it felt smoothr and also felt super hydrated. I have been using this every night (I don't use it in the morning) and I can honestly say it has been a game changer for me. I also adore the way it smells, and the way it feels. So far after 3 months of use I am barely through half a jar, more like 1/3, so do consider that in the price. It lasts forever. You do not need a lot, in fact most people use to much, so a little jar will last good while. I know it works well for some people, and not for everyone. So if you can try a sample before you invest I would recommend it. But I adore this and I will be rebuying it in the future.
Jessica Q.
Jessica Q.
I've always wanted to try this product but, come on it's so expensive us mere mortals can't afford to buy it regularly (or at all). So, when I received a deluxe sized sample I was pretty excited. I felt like I was part of this exclusive LaMer club that only celebrities & really rich people are a part of. Was this product going to transform my skin to look youthful & like a baby's bottom?! I opened the jar to slather this miracle product on face & not only did it smell wonderful, it was rich, creamy & hydrating. I kept using this product waiting for it transform my mortal face into an immortal & There's so much hype from beautiful celebrities regarding this miracle crème. I don't see all the hype around this product. It didn't do anything spectacular to my skin. It didn't transform my skin, make it smoothr or more youthful. I'll stick with my regular face cream that does make my skin more youthful & smoothr.
Jenny W.
Jenny W.
South San Francisco, CA
Hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used for my face. I suffered from dry skin and eczema for over 30 + years and nothing (not even the dermatologist recommendations) worked for me. A friend of mine suggested I try the creme however I thought it was too pricey at the time and wasn't sure if I'd wanna spend a few hundred bucks on something I wasn't so sure about. So one day while I was on a biz trip in NYC, I decided to take a walk into Saks Fifth and the sales ladies were kind enough to demonstrate the cleaning and moisturizer products on my face. They sent me away with a bunch of samples and sure enough, I saw and felt the difference in a matter of days. When I returned home I went to the nearest Saks and bought myself the creme. It was quite pricey but you definitely get what you pay for.
Marlena S.
Marlena S.
This is a thick, heavy, emollient luxury cream that's fabulous but definitely not for everyone. I have oily/combination skin and so this is not the type of cream that I require but I received a generous sample so I decided to put it to use. First off, this is definitely a cream for those who literally SUFFER from dry skin. It's so thick and hydrating, absorbs quickly and the moisture is very long-lasting. I can't speak to any anti-aging properties but the moisture is amazing. I put it on at night to allow the moisture to completely soak through without any environmental effects. Overall I would say if you're into luxury skin care then this would be a nice addition to your collection. Otherwise you can find plenty of hydrating creams out there for 1/3 of the cost.
Kaila T.
Kaila T.
Columbus, GA
I got a free sample of this moisturizer and I was not impressed. I have dry and acne prone skin so I am always looking for products that will moisturize but won't clog my pores. It is very thick so I put it on during my nightly skin care regimen for a week. No way I could wear this under a bb cream or makeup during the day. The cream does provide moisture and the smell is ok. That's about it. Nothing magical or unique about this at all.... and for $200+, you better bet I want some magic coming out of that jar. My Cerave PM moisturizer works better for me and is a whole whopping $15. No way would I actually pay for this cream!
Maura G.
Maura G.
Lafayette Hl, PA
This moisturizer has a light, refreshing scent that reminds me of roses. It works very well, and really adds a nice amount of hydration to the skin, without leaving it greasy. I was lucky to get a sample jar of this from their beauty counter. However, this product is very cost prohibitive at about $200 for a normal sized jar. Many people who would really enjoy this product may never even get a chance to try it due to its high price, which makes me sad. Overall this is a nice product, but I don't think I would buy it myself due to its high price. It is nothing earth shattering. I did like it though!
Stacey E.
Stacey E.
Chesapeake, VA
This product is Devine, La Mer is a must have for people who can afford it. The smell is intoxicating, like very fresh, just got out of the shower powdered smell. When you go to the La Mer counter the ladies are very nice and will give you free samples to try to make sure it works well with your skin. I seen a noticeable difference in my skins texture and it gives me a dew glow that no other moisturizer does. I definitely can tell you I can't afford this product all the time but when I have spare money I will treat myself to the smallest cream which is about 80$.
Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.
I am in the very small minority that thinks La Mer is kind of a scam. It is ridiculously expensive for what it is--essentially an average heavy moisturizer. Nothing in it can really do what it claims it does in terms of anti-aging and I find the scent completely off-putting (my skin doesn't like heavy fragrance anyway, but this smells dated). If you have dry skin, this would surely help that, but it won't do much else and you can find lots of moisturizers that would help for cheaper. Don't believe the hype!
Lauriin R.
Lauriin R.
I purchased a very tiny jar of this stuff online to try it before spending a lot of money on a product that wasn't worth the hype but OMG. Extremely moisturizing, doesn't clog pores, leaves a refreshing feeling and I actually love the clean smell it has. This cream also works fantastic on sunburns or any other burns you get. I recently burnt myself with the flat iron and applying this cream has helped the scarring to a minimal. I love, love this stuff but if only the price would drop just a little!
Claire R.
Claire R.
About how many months does this product typically last?
Lauren T.
Lauren T.
Bristol
Is this worth the price? I've seen multiple bloggers using it but just want a normal opinion. thanks :)
Anne G.
Anne G.
Sacramento , CA
Is the price even worth the buy? Ranging up to over $400 which is insane amount of money for one product !? 🤔🤔🤔
Mel H.
Mel H.
Is this worth the price? What does it really do for your skin?
Adreyan C.
Adreyan C.
Richmond, VA
I really want a good moisturizer to use after I cleanse/exfoliate my face. Is this a good product for somewhat oily skin?