BY L.A. LOOKS

Absolute Styling 9 X-Treme Value! Get a grip!... on ultimate hold and control with L.A. Looks mega mega hold gel.  It lets you shape, spike, mold or slick your hard-to-hold hair into the style that will get you noticed.  Made with TriActive Hold ingredients for absolute fixation, absolute resistance and absolute durability that will last all day long.  This is one gel that won t flake-out on you, and it is alcohol free, lightweight and non-sticky for a smooth finish. Safe for color treated hair. ; see more...

• Does this product make your hair white after wearing it? 1 Answers
Meshia E.
Bridgeport, CT
This gel is incredibly cheap (price wise) it has some hold but I wouldn't use the word Mega here anywhere. If you attempting a style that requires a great deal of hold (such a mohawk or longer spikes) this will fall flat for you..it doesn't have enough hold for that kind of job. Now if you want finger waves, or curly baby hairs or just want to have your curls retain their shape it is good for that (though you are looking at crunchy feeling and possibly stiff ringlets) this is also wonderful for slicking back the hair for a tight bun or ponytail! I know that my teenage niece swears by this stuff for her natural lightened twa or like right now for her synthetic sew in curls (yes it works just fine for synthetic or human hair...just use sparingly it will leave some hair sticky after application) just beware if you have even slighty dark colored hair, when this dries it leaves dandruff like flakes visible in the hair! (I suggest adding a little water to your application it will help with this problem) I used to use this back in high school..but after I stopped heat treating and started taking better care of my natural hair (I try to only use strong chemicals in my hair when I bleach and dye it neon) I stopped using it because it has a lot of chemicals I hear gels like this can cause more split ends and breakages in your hair (don't know how true that is) and I also know that the chemicals even if not harmful to the hair are not natural and are not providing anything good to my hair or scalp. This also cause buildup pretty quickly so for everyday use that could/would require more frequent washing/clarifying.
Overall I say you can't get a better price, you can for sure get a better hold though. This doesn't smell too bad, is slimy to the touch and quite cold if left in a cool place (this can feel soothing near the scalp) You can find this almost anywhere (hair stores, beauty supply shops, drugstore..) comes with a whole lot in the bottle, and could be considered a feally good deal as it performs well with the exception of certain styles I mentioned before. Sorry for the super long review! Would recommend to people interested after reading above ⬆🖒
Aurora c.
I will never buy another hair gel again! I wish o could give this 10 stars...ladies this is the curly girl hair gel!!!! It’s so inexpensive and can be found almost anywhere!!!!!! The smell is wonderful and hand hold is INSANE (don’t be alarmed) when your hair is fully dry scrunch out the cast and your hair is seriously so shiny / soft and with defined curls/waves! The best part is that it is alcohol free so your hair will not dry out and no flakes! Q
Kate S.
Santa Fe, TX
I have naturally curly hair. "Curly girls" know that gel is better than mousse any day. This is my favorite product to use for my hair. It's SO CHEAP I don't know if you could ever convince me that some expensive bottle of gel is going to do much better than this stuff, so I don't waste my money. Here's my routine.

-Wash & condition (make sure shampoo is sulfate free!)
-Use tshirt to absorb excess water
-Apply serum or argan oil to ends
-Apply generous amount of gel eeeverywhere
-Blow dry with DIFFUSER
-Shake out curls to get rid of the "crunchy" feel
And you're good to go for a couple days!
Jamie V.
Las Vegas
I bought this in hopes that it would help style my sons mohawk. Didn't have any sort of real hold to it. I was highly disappointed as it didn't do what it said. My son has normal hair that isn't hard to style. I wouldn't ever buy this again. To many better products on the market
angel a.
Albuquerque, NM
Pretty cheap and works great and strong and takes hold well. I enjoy plus I have three little brothers so this product also works great in their hair. using warm water this product comes out well and doesn't take very long to rinse out. from my experience this product lasts long and using comb you can style it any way you desire. but when it dry's it looks like dandruff especially if you have black hair.
gerleene g.
Salisbury, MD
This product is an overall good product. It does have some hold but if you have very thick or long hair (or both) you might need a different brand. This brand is fine, but the hold doesnt go but so far. I always have my good gel (eco styler) then have a backup gel (l.a colors, or any other cheaper brand) . Overall good product for thinner hair or a lighter hold.
Jessica R.
I'm unfortunately rating this 2 stars because I didn't like how my hair felt after I applied this and it dried. My hair felt crunchy and dry. I wouldn't buy again nor would I reccomend
Diane M.
Russellville, AR
The price is fairly cheap compared to other gel products around and the holding power is good as well, but it makes my hair stiff and flaky. It almost looks as if I have dandruff on my black hair. When I touch it my hands feel like there is a layer of product residue left on them. This product could be so much better.
Jasmine W.
El Paso, TX
My hair is almost impossible to get it to hold any curl or shape, this worked fairly well, had a good hold for a night out, but it flakes once it dries and gets touched and I have dark hair so its not very attractive and pushes me from the product. change that and it'd be amazing
Toma I.
Greensboro, NC
To be a drugstore brand this is what I use on my naturally curly hair. Love it works out great and my husband uses it to which is a bonus, saves us money in the long run. If you don't like your hair stiff just fluff it when it's dry.
Lala C.
Does this product make your hair white after wearing it?