When you enter an LA Fitness, you know what to expect. The state of the art facility and equipment are familiar and comfortable, but what we are most proud of are the people who are there to serve you. The people who warmly greet you, expertly train you, enthusiastically teach you. lt is the entire team, our best resource, who is dedicated to making your fitness experience an exceptional one.see more...
Top Questions See all 182 Q&A
- "While the locker rooms tend to be much nicer and cleaner than 24 Hour Fitness there were other issues that led us to leave this gym and return to 24 Hour." in 15 reviews
- "The one I go too is all new equipment and still smells good, customer service is good only thing I hate is the people on text while sitting on the station can't blame la fitness" in 10 reviews
- "There's plenty of equipment, it's always clean and if I'm in the mood for a smoothie, I can head right downstairs and get one." in 10 reviews
- "I was a long time member of lifestyles before la fitness bought them and needless to say I ended up canceling my membership due to their ridiculous personal training packages." in 9 reviews
- "I wish there were better deals on personal trainers or if they had someone check in with you to see how you're doing and utilizing your membership." in 7 reviews
My only complaint is that sometimes I feel like the staff is more annoying than encouraging and helpful. For example, one time I brought a guest and they had to take her picture to put her in the system and kept badgering her to flex in the picturing commenting on how ripped her arms are. While she is extremely muscular it made her really uncomfortable, they would not let up. And last time I went, I’m only able to go in once a week with my schedule right now, as I was leaving a man at the desk asked if I enjoyed my workout, I said yes and thanked him, he then continued to ask what specific exercises I did and if I was coming back tomorrow and then questioned why I didn’t come more and on and on. I was clearly becoming irritated, as he had long passed friendly and moved into straight up rude. But I keep going because it’s convenient to me and I like how many locations they have!
The sales pressure is unbelievable. I pay in full each year and in the month prior to renewal I got at least one call per day soliciting my renewal. Initially I said I would renew the following week but then I kept getting calls every day. I asked them to stop calling but they didn’t. I asked what it would take for them to stop calling and they said I’d have to renew.
I visited the gym and spoke with a manager. He said he removed my phone number and info. This didn’t stop the calls. I went to the gym again to complain and they had the regional manager call me directly. She apologized for the inconvenience, but then tried to sell me on a renewal!
Its a great gym but not worth the harassment.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos