BY L.A. FITNESS

When you enter an LA Fitness, you know what to expect. The state of the art facility and equipment are familiar and comfortable, but what we are most proud of are the people who are there to serve you. The people who warmly greet you, expertly train you, enthusiastically teach you. lt is the entire team, our best resource, who is dedicated to making your fitness experience an exceptional one.

• We have a few new locations open and I checked for price ...1 Answers
  • How much is a membership here? 2 Answers
  • Do they have a good assortment of classes?2 Answers
L.A. Fitness
  • "While the locker rooms tend to be much nicer and cleaner than 24 Hour Fitness there were other issues that led us to leave this gym and return to 24 Hour." in 15 reviews
  • "The one I go too is all new equipment and still smells good, customer service is good only thing I hate is the people on text while sitting on the station can't blame la fitness" in 10 reviews
  • "There's plenty of equipment, it's always clean and if I'm in the mood for a smoothie, I can head right downstairs and get one." in 10 reviews
  • "I was a long time member of lifestyles before la fitness bought them and needless to say I ended up canceling my membership due to their ridiculous personal training packages." in 9 reviews
  • "I wish there were better deals on personal trainers or if they had someone check in with you to see how you're doing and utilizing your membership." in 7 reviews
Meggan S.
I’ve been going to LA fitness for several years and have worked out in multiple locations and overall I’ve had a pretty good experience. Everything is typically pretty clean and there’s a good assortment of equipment.
My only complaint is that sometimes I feel like the staff is more annoying than encouraging and helpful. For example, one time I brought a guest and they had to take her picture to put her in the system and kept badgering her to flex in the picturing commenting on how ripped her arms are. While she is extremely muscular it made her really uncomfortable, they would not let up. And last time I went, I’m only able to go in once a week with my schedule right now, as I was leaving a man at the desk asked if I enjoyed my workout, I said yes and thanked him, he then continued to ask what specific exercises I did and if I was coming back tomorrow and then questioned why I didn’t come more and on and on. I was clearly becoming irritated, as he had long passed friendly and moved into straight up rude. But I keep going because it’s convenient to me and I like how many locations they have!
Vanessa O.
I’ve been on and off on and off relationship with LA fitness due to plenty of reasons from their extremely rude workers to their non discrete way of dealing with certain matters is just way too unacceptable to me, don’t get me wrong the all access club membership w/ towel service is amazing because if you are like me and Carry your gym bag in your car almost everywhere you go you could literally stop for a work out anywhere you see LA fitness even upon traveling I have to say I love the signature clubs with pool and whirlpool but once again this is another review where the workers don’t really help the establishment there working for because they are very rude and uneducated and are clueless to a good customer service,LA fitness has to do a better job at over seeing that people that work for them because they will lose all business in the hands of rude workers.
shan m.
company overall is terrible. everytime a new location opens it is an excuse for letting the older one turn into garbage (broken machines, nasty staff etc) . wanted to make a complaint to corporate because i was getting nowhere with the staff and after FINALLY getting the phone number from them was told “goodluck getting in touch with them because theyre in california and not open yet”. i guess they thought i would not report my terrible experience 2 hours later when they opened? i did still give 2 stars because of the distance my locations are from my home and job making getting there easier. ask someone some billing info they have no idea- tell them a new person wants to sign up and everyone wants to help you. i was also told that being a member there so long will not help any case i make because “they already got my money”. ugh
Anthony J.
San Diego
The gym is clean and the equipment is well maintained.
The sales pressure is unbelievable. I pay in full each year and in the month prior to renewal I got at least one call per day soliciting my renewal. Initially I said I would renew the following week but then I kept getting calls every day. I asked them to stop calling but they didn’t. I asked what it would take for them to stop calling and they said I’d have to renew.
I visited the gym and spoke with a manager. He said he removed my phone number and info. This didn’t stop the calls. I went to the gym again to complain and they had the regional manager call me directly. She apologized for the inconvenience, but then tried to sell me on a renewal!
Its a great gym but not worth the harassment.
Kat B.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
I frequent the San Bernardino location that just opened by CSUSB. This gym is a mess in the weight room. Staff isn’t required to organized weights so it’s a scavenger hunt to find what you need. They’re also bag police, so if you bring extra bands and equipment (which the club doesn’t offer or have) be prepared to carry around all of it... because apparently that’s less of a trip hazard than a bag containing everything. The equipment is also greasy (I realize this is probably because it’s new) but be careful or you may ruin your clothes like I did. The gym was also designed with many useless tables and cubicles that could have easily been more space for more equipment in this tiny location.
Amanda D.
Louisville
I go to the L.A. Fitness on Shelbyville Road, Louisville, Ky. I really enjoy the gym. The price point is perfect for me monthly, but I paid a large sum up front upon joining. The equipment has never given me any problems aside from a couple of minor things. I feel comfortable in this gym (I go at 5:30 am). I have not been harassed or made to feel uncomfortable to date. Overall it is clean, but in the locker room/bathroom in the mornings usually have paper towels on the floor and overflowing from the trash cans. I have not tried any of the classes because they do not vibe great with my schedule, but I'm glad to have options if I choose to go.
Samantha M.
Philadelphia, PA
I have tried a couple locations in my area for this gym (bucks county, PA) and have been disappointed and grossed out every time. Upon joining no one ever offered me a tour so I had to figure out where everything was in this gigantic gym. Then once I got my bearings an LA Fitness trainer began to harass me and judge my choice of doing cardio before weight lifting to rope me into a free training session. Since I was a former athlete out of shape I did the session which went well until he afterward put me on a scale that had 10 pounds added to it (the locker room scale and my home scale were correct) and gave me a remedial lesson on exercising and nutrition that any rookie athlete or healthy eater would know. After I left after refusing to sign up for sessions he called my home several times trying to get me to sign up after he made attempts to lower the cost. Now uncomfortable at that location I went to another. I did not get harassed at that location however it was absolutely disgusting. Not a single person wiped down their equipment and spray/paper towels were hard to find. I quit LA fitness and began going to the YMCA which had plenty of equipment and a spray bottle to wipe down at EVERY piece of equipment. LA fitness is gross and a scam in my experience.
Nicole C.
Jacksonville
I love LA fitness, I just believe they have most of or probably all of the machines you might need at a gym, they have an inner pool as well, which I find really amazing. Also important to mention the fact that they own really fancy facilities which are always clean, I personally find this really important. The only thing I have to say I am not totally happy with and is the only reason why I don't give a 5star review is because they're not a 24 hours gym.
Christina A.
I absolutely love this gym. I lost 10lbs my first week. It’s the best gym in the world especially if your a mom. They have on-site daycare for $10 a month and there hours and perfect. Whether you want to workout on the floor lifting weights or working the machines or if you want to take it easy but burn some calories while having fun they have plenty of classes you can go to. (included in your membership) They also have a pool, jacuzzi and a sauna. I go with my bestie and we spend at least a hour and a half working out and sitting in the sauna. I would definitely recommend this gym to anyone as I always do.
Luna L.
Miami Beach, FL
I have a gym in my complex. But I have paid a year of personal trainer at LA fitness.
Of course, I go to the one close to my house.
It's so small. The lessons are in crazy times, like 1pm. What makes any person who works won't be able to attend. The bathroom. Shower are HORRIBLE. Most probably from the 70's. And also it's never clean. Thanks God is close to my house, so I don't need to use it.
Sauna? That's so last season. Why not a steamer room? They should change that. There are so many benefits.
Resuming. As soon as I finish my paid lessons. Will go to Equinox.
Lisa K.
Lakeland, FL
What is your favorite part of the gym to utilize?
Becky T.
Dallas, GA
They are building an L.A. Fitness down the street from my house, is it worth it to get a membership?
Julie P.
CARROLLTON, TX
How long have you been a member at LA FITNESS?
Stephanie B.
Morris Plains, NJ
What is your favorite class at this gym?
Alondra M.
Is It worth to pay extra to bring a friend?