Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip KitInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY KYLIE COSMETICS #84 in Lipstick

Each Lip Kit is applied with one swipe color that glides across lips and dries down to a powdery-soft, matte finish. Homogenous color in natural nudes and deep browns give unparalleled comfort and wear. The oil free formula has 25% pigment which provides instant color. The perfect blend of waxes, silicone and polymers give you smooth and easy glide color, with longwearing properties.

Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kit
  • "Perfect color and application. I wore for a night out and it did not move. I was very impressed, as i sometimes have problems with liquid lipsticks. Love it. " in 2850 reviews
  • "Obsessed with these lipsticks! I own Posie, Mary Jo and KoKo. Then formula is amazing, long lasting throughout the day and great pigmentation. I highly recommend these kits. " in 1847 reviews
  • "It smells like candy, the colors are really nice and they show up quiet well. Its creamy yet somewhat matifying and doesn't dry your lips out. The color stays long and is very pretty . I love this a lot because i like natural shades or nudes so these are perfect . The lip liner addition is great as well the glide on perfectly I truly love this product" in 1028 reviews
Heather B.
Fresno
Review for: Other more...
I decided to finally try Kylie Cosmetics during one of her online sales. I believe it was "buy one get one free" during cinco de mayo. I got the colors 22 and Dolce K. I ended up paying $40.11 for my order including shipping. The shipping took forever. I did not receive my lipsticks until two weeks after I placed my order. The packaging was great, my products were nicely bubble wrapped and I received a free lipgloss in the shade exposed due to the delay in shipping. I felt that the lip liners matched perfectly with the lip shades. They were really creamy and easy to apply. They are my favorite lip liner formulas. As for the lipsticks, they have this smell that is so strong that it lingers all day. It has a very sweet cake smell which I was not a fan of. They were extremely dry! I felt like I had a desert on my lips, that's how dry they were. I do not find myself reaching for these lipsticks to wear because they are intensely dry and uncomfortable to wear. I want to like Kylie Cosmetics, but unfortunately I will not be purchasing anymore lip kits.
Megan S.
San Francisco , CA
Review for: Love Bite, Ginger more...
I was sucked into the appeal of Kylie Cosmetics. I started with her classic Kylie Cosmetics Kylie Lip Kit- Candy K, Posie K, Dolce K. Her lip kits are definitely a splurge but for $30 you get both the liquid lip and the lip pencil. After testing these out I found they were long wearing, matte, didn’t dry my lips out, and the colors were great for everyday, I actually always get compliments when I where her matte liquid lips. There are other dupes you can find for most of her shades, but if you’re buying these lip kits, you’re paying for the name! This is my personal opinion, I actually really like a lot of the products that Kylie Cosmetics has come out with and guiltily I do have mostly all of her products. If you are itching to try these and are willing to splurge, I would recommend them. However you can get Colourpop (which Kylie uses the same factory/manufacturer for her products) that has almost an identical formula, and shade dupes.
Morgan B.
Review for: Posie K, Koko K, Mary Jo K, Other more...
So I currently have a couple Kylie Lip Kits; KoKo K, Mary Jo K, Head Over Heels, Smile (this was limited edition so it may not be sold). I love these for a matte lipstick. The Mary Jo K is a perfect red lip and I love that these come with lip liners. I didn't realize the power of a lip liner until I tried one of Kylie's lip kit.  Lip liners help define your lips and these have become essential in my own lip looks.

The only complaint I have about these lip kits is that if you are lips are FULLY moisturized, they will begin to crumble slightly. It isn't the worst thing in the world since they are after all, MATTE liquid lipsticks, so just make sure you moisturize your lips before use. I love the packaging of these lip kits especially, and that's where the price comes into play.

Many people have heard that ColourPop, who sells their liquid lipstick for $6 (I believe) makes their liquid lipsticks in the same factory as Kylie. However, these are indeed shades that ColourPop doesn't sell, plus those sales don't come with lip liners. Kylie's Lip Kits have a vanilla scent to them that isn't overbearing and I also believe that there is a different consistency to Kylie's than ColourPop. ColourPop feels very thin and the thickness of Kylie's helps it be a better lip look. Overall, you do pay extra money for the name but I do believe that these are better quality than ColourPop.
🌈Mitch V.
Lexington Park
Review for: Dirty Peach more...
DRY is the first word that comes to mind with these lip kits. I do not have issues with dry lips, and am on a regular routine of scrubs and overnight treatments.
The liner pencil is very nice, and the highlight of these kits. The product however, is very dry and sticky. Read the instructions, and avoid applying more than one layer if possible. The staying power of these kits are good at the expense of comfort and finish. If you have dryness or fine lines on your lips, these kits will show them off.
For the price, I also feel that drugstore brands have similar options to these kits for a fraction of the cost. That being said, these colours are very well chosen and nuanced- I would be unable to find an EXACT dupe of this tone in a drugstore. Overall I say buy at your own risk. If you have dry lips this may not be for you.
Vina Kristal C.
Moreno Valley
These used to be so hyped up and at times hard to get when she first launched her lip kits. I honestly don’t care for the lip liner. I prefer the wooden lip liners by MAC. They Kylie ones are too creamy and don’t last long on the lips. When I first tried these out I loved them. I had found an every day shade for me and they were comfortable on my lips. Eventually I had used up a tube of my favorite shade, ginger and decided to repurchase. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the same as the last 2 tube I had bought it was extremely drying and unflattering on my lips. Not sure if they changed their formula or quality control was an issue. I haven’t bought any of her lip products since. I only gave 3 stars because i used to love the ginger liquid lipstick. It really deserves 2 starts because of the lack to quality control and how dry it is on the lips.
Kristin Ann S.
Review for: Leo, Dirty Peach, Love Bite, Maliboo, True Brown K, Ginger, Kristen, Mary Jo K, Candy K, Posie K, Dolce K, Other more...
“...I SPENT THE CHEQUE ON KYLIE COSMETICS...” [NateGawd on Facebook] well I did spent the money on Kylie cosmetics she’s a billionaire now 1 of the worlds youngest undeserving 1s but this review is the makeup. I hate to admit I love for lipkits (& lipglosses, kyshadow & kyliner which are what I got b4 I came to my senses & quit buying). This is kids makeup. I’m grown. This is priced so parents will spend a lot on Kylie & the working or grown people will buy colourpop. The lipliners suck. The lead moves slides around inside them. For $28 I expect it to be better than that! The liquid lipsticks are like velvet. They dry opaque, smell great like white cake, wear like iron, & don’t suck the life out of your lips like most matte liquid lipsticks do which is why I hate for the most past liquid lipsticks except Kylie & jeffree star’s. I’ve had some fake lipkits (Mary jo & True Brown) the lipsticks were good for $3 (try wish or ali express), but both pencils didn’t have lead just a tip you couldn’t sharpen it. The KKW fakes smelled like gasoline & I tossed them. But I wear the Mary/True Brown sometimes. Legit I’m v boujie bcoz I like dolce k & candy k rn as my faves. Her colors are awesome Leo is an awesome Fall color I have loved every single thing I’ve gotten from kylie except the pencils. I’m giving it 5/5 but I think I will not buy Kylie prob buy some colourpop in the future I’ve bought 1 & received 2 in sub boxes. And I heard customer service sux I’ve had no issues thank goodness. I was sick of having evthing sell out in 30 seconds flat. I don’t buy that kind of thing that is so hyped it sells out b4 you can hit refresh!!!!
Jennifer K.
Fresno, CA
Review for: Love Bite more...
This review is based on my one purchase from Kylie Cosmetics. The pricing is fair compared to other lipsticks/stains on the market. The packaging is really, like reeeaaaaallllllyyy cute! It shows that Kylie really put some thought into her packaging.

Now on to the actual product. I purchased Love Bite, and it’s truly a beautiful color! I like that a lip pencil is included. Although I was a bit disappointed that the pencil broke somewhere inside, and the actual lip pencil color slid out of its casing? I’m not sure how to go about that or word it, but I was very disappointed and a star was knocked off the rating because of it.

The longevity of the lip color was pretty good, I didn’t have to reapply after dinner and drinks. Love bite is a beautiful shade, and yes the lip color almost resembles the color of an actual love bite 😐 If you don’t know what I mean, then you’re too young to be reading this! I’m kidding 😊 But if you’re wanting to try something new, I say give Kylie’s lip kits a try. It’s not too shabby and a good product to add to your collection if you’re a collector of lippies like myself.
Victoria Y.
Watertown
Review for: Kristen, Moon, Trick, Pumpkin, Koko K, Leo, Brown Sugar, Dirty Peach, Love Bite, True Brown K, Maliboo, Spice, Ginger, Mary Jo K, Candy K, Dead of Knight, Exposed, Kourt K, Posie K, 22, Dolce K more...
Generally speaking, I really like the Kylie Cosmetics matte liquid lipsticks. I know her brand gets a lot of hate, but the products are decent. I own a lot of her liquid lipsticks and a lot of her other products. Her lipsticks range from perfect to patchy.

Majority of her mid-toned shades apply well. Her lighter lip shades (with the exception of Exposed and KoKo K) feel dry and chalky on the lips. Just about every dark/bright lipstick goes on streaky. The only ones that don't that come to mind are 'Gorg' (from the 1st Koko collab) and 'Leo' from her birthday launch last year.

I know people say it's the same formulation as Colourpop, but just keep in mind that different pigments affect the end result and how it applies and wears throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply after eating or snacking.

I wouldn’t recommend layering any of her liquid lipsticks since they will ball up and crumble. I do think her lip kits are over priced, but you can't dupe every single shade. What’s nice is that her lip kits come with a liner. If you like a color and you can't find it elsewhere, I say go for it. It is a bit of a gamble since she doesn’t accept returns and her customer service team has a lot of room for improvement.
elizabeth h.
Decatur, AL
Review for: Kristen, Moon, Trick, Pumpkin, Koko K, Leo, Brown Sugar, Dirty Peach, Love Bite, True Brown K, Maliboo, Spice, Ginger, Mary Jo K, Candy K, Dead of Knight, Exposed, Kourt K, Posie K, 22, Dolce K, Other more...
I love Kylie Cosmetics. I have bought most of the lip kit colors and other products. Her lipstick formula is very drying, which I don’t mind. I love her color selection but I feel like her quality has gone down throughout time. I love my eyeshadow palettes! I own the bronze, burgundy, Kylie diary, peach, all I want, purple, nice, and naughty palettes! The purple palette is the only one I don’t truly like. The colors are streaky and the gold color has major fallout and doesn’t stay on the eyelid. The rest of her palettes are creamy and blend nice! I have the queen and king loose highlighting powders. They are super pigmented!! Love those!!! Also, Kylie’s lip liners can only be used once, maybe twice. They do NOT contain a lot of product. Her lipsticks are normally opaque, but don’t last for more than 3 hours. I have been a kylie Cosmetics fan for a while and buy a lot of her stuff!!
Taylor P.
The Woodlands
Review for: Koko K, Dirty Peach, Maliboo, True Brown K, Ginger, Kristen, Mary Jo K, Candy K, Exposed, Kourt K, Posie K, 22, Dolce K more...
These lipsticks were definitely a fad. All of the attention I think was more for Kylie. I got the Christmas vault which was 12 different lip kit colors, and I've purchased probably 4 or 5 separate lip kits too. I do like the lip pencils that go with over using just the lipstick. I find that the glosses get dry and they rub off all yucky. Initially when first applied the color and matte look is pretty but after a while not so much. I love all of the colors. They're beautiful. But I won't be buying more ever again. They're absolutely ridiculously priced and too much. My fav colors are : Maliboo, Koko, and Valentine. Also- some colors don't go on like others. ex Kourt K is dark and seems thin, not as creamy as others and you have to apply more coats (making it feel more thick)
Syrie C.
Is it worth all the hype?
Deanna B.
Are these actually worth the buy? They're quite expensive and I don't want to waste my cash if they aren't what they're talked up to be..
I have seen reviews were it flakes off and is dry, is this that peron or are they really like that??
Holly B.
England
I've been speaking to my friends and couple have told me the lip kit dries your lips out and after a couple of hours it starts to crack off, is this the case? Is it worth purchasing?
Kaitlyn M.
New Glasgow, NS
Are these good quality? Seeing a lot of debate on them & scared to try out for myself.

back