Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum

by Kate Somerville

What it is: A high-performance concentrate with a signature blend of five peptides that work together to refresh and renew skin as it firms, smooths, and hydrates.

Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily

Skincare Concerns: Loss of Firmness and Elasticity, Fine Lines and Wrinkles

Formulation: Lightweight Serum

Highlighted Ingredients:
- Complex of Five Peptides: Visibly improve skin elasticity, rejuvenation, and moisturization while reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Chicory Leaf Extract: Acts as a natural alternative to retinol and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, pores, and skin roughness.
- Mango and Banana Pulp Extracts: Improve radiance and luminosity while helping to smooth the appearance of wrinkles.

Ingredient Callouts: Free of sulfates SLS and SLES, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban, and contains less than one percent of synthetic fragrances. This product is also cruelty-free.

What Else You Need to Know: This signature serum visibly treats and transforms dull, sagging skin while powerfully improving elasticity and firmness and revitalizing moisture for a fresher, younger-looking complexion.

Clinical Results: After just 1 use:
- 94% of women showed highly significant improvement in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles

Water, PPG-24-Glycereth-24, Glycerin, Propanediol, Spondias Mombin Pulp Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Pulp Extract, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Pulp Extract, Acetyl Glutamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acer Rubrum Extract, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Panthenol, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Leaf Extract, Zinc PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycine Soja(Soybean) Seed Extract, Lecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Pullulan, 1,2-Hexanediol, Bacillus/Forlic Acid Ferment Extract, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Silica, Adenosine, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Capryl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum.

For what age is this serum? I don't have wrinkles yet. Can I still use it?
Has anyone with eczema used this for any decent length of time, and if so, was it okay with your skin?
Start your review of Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum!
Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum uploaded by Reyna P.
WOW! this formula makes my face look and feel as though I got a face lift!!!! my skin looks so flawless after having used this, it is sooooo amazing. I've used this product for 1 week and love how rejuvenated my skin looks. The best part about this formula is that you can see results immediately after the VERY FIRST use. The serum doesn't have a real strong smell and it is a clear off-white color that dries on the face pretty quickly. I use this underneath my makeup and my makeup looks smooth and I see less of the fine lines and wrinkles. It is a bit expensive but with the results that I've experienced so far, I know that I will buy more of this once I run out.
Pinehurst, TX
Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum uploaded by Angela S.
Purchased at: Nordstrom
I love Kate Somerville's skin care line I've been a big fan of it for quite some time and she just keeps getting better with her products. I can't say enough good things about this serum! I use it after I use exfolikate to exfoliate🤗! I go back-and-forth with my glam glow in at this point in time I am in the middle of comparing the 2 will update what is a more highly recommended here within the next week or 2! It is loaded down with peptides amino acids so many concentrates that you would honestly have to try it yourself. Highly recommended skin care line and the saram alone just does wonders for fine lines and wrinkles as I am 30 and approaching that age to where I worry it has taken the worry away🙏🤗
Westmoreland, TN
I recently recieved this in a gifted BoxyCharm box and I like it a lot so far! It's claim to firm,smooth and hydrate is exactly what my skin needs! I've used it morning and night consistently for a week now and have definitely noticed small results! Many of my fine lines have minimized and even disappeared altogether! I have large pores and it definitely shrinks them! I'm going to stick with this another week and hopefully will update this review with even better results! One note though,I did try this under my makeup once and idk why,but the serum didnt blend and balled up around my jawline! I will experiment some more with that and update!
Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum uploaded by Ingrid M.
Results are the most important but it all starts with the texture of the product. Its a very pleasant serum to use; lightweight, didn’t pill or affect other products, no strong smell ( but if you’re sensitive to scents like me, you can feel a “bad smell” but it disappears as soon as the product absorbs) and disappear into the skin quickly. It has a smooth, non-greasy, non-sticky feel to it right from the start. You only need a drop or two, to cover your face and neck. Great to use before a moisturizer and sunscreen. I am absolutely seeing results and I am exciting to continue using the serum and see even more firmness.
Vidor, TX
I’ve been using for about a week now. I received it in my subscription box and woowwww. I’ve received other products similar in the past that did not live up to my expectations. I have terrible dry skin and imperfections are very noticeable. I know using more than a week will show better results, but already my skin is more hydrated, smooth, and glowing. A little goes a long way. I mix a few drops with my daily moisturizer- no uncomfortable residue and no issues with makeup application over, and do not regret adding to my skin care routine. Will definitely repurchase.
Rutland , MA
Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum uploaded by Toni T.
I got this serum in a Boxycharm and I love it I have alot of Kate Somerville products but this serum really does what it says firms and deminishes fine lines I put thia on before the Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream and its such a great combination it makes my skin feel so fresh and firm the consistency is not runny but smooth enough to blend all over my face I would definitely buy this product again
Elkhart, IN
Kate Somerville Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum is A definite Holy Grail For Me! I've received this in my Boxycharm collection and I've only used it for 3 days so far! Let me just say...I have 44 yr old semi mature skin texture and this gem has started correcting any fine lines I have and it also improves the dull appearance of our facial skin While the product is originally 98.00 on beauty sites .. This is so worth every penny!! Please try this and comment below, your thoughts and EXPERIENCE
Baltimore
Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum uploaded by Stacy L.
I received this in my February Boxycharm and ALREADY can see a difference in the elasticity of my skin! My upper cheek area has tightened and my jowls are starting to firm. I have used this religiously since it's arrival. It is pricey to me 😂 $98, but if it continues to tighten my skin they way it has already it is well worth it! Another reason I have no problem paying $25 a month for my boxycharm! Boxycharm Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum
Carrollton, GA
I have been using face serums for several years. I have older, mature skin. I am 70. I have the Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturizer, the Exfolikate, the Plus Retinol Eye Cream and the DermalQuench Liquid Lift. I just starting using this Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum as well. It feels so nice going on the skin. Kate Somerville makes some great products. I have not tried anything that I did not like, so much so, that I am willing to pay the price on the website.
Silver Spring, MD
Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum uploaded by Giselle M.
I like the sensations when I apply is really refresh and the most important the absorption is absolutely amazing, it works quick on you skin is magic, I have very dry skin it’s really good I used to put before my moisturizer that the great order, but the instructions say you should apply in the morning at night so I prefer just at nights, base water, essentials oil from fruit I like it the brand, it’s my first time ❤️Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Harrisonville, MO
6 days ago
Ina B. • 17 hours ago
It works really great, try and you won't be dissapointed
11 days ago
This is a bit long, I do have questions so please bare with me. I went to look at reviews for this, most reviews are from people who got it from Influenster and others who got it from their BoxyCharm subscription (like I did) I only found a couple reviews from people who bought it theirselves. Not enough to give me an idea of how well it works. So have you used this serum? If so, did you purchase it yourself (or receive it as a gift from someone) or did you get it through BoxyCharm (or another subscription box) and if you did get yours from BoxyCharm was their a sticker (this is what’s got me thinking) on the bottom of the box (the box of the serum) labeled "Kate Somerville for BoxyCharm" there was also a small numerical "stamp" that was half on the serum box and half on the "KSfBC" sticker. Have you ever seen that before in your BoxyCharm, or any other subscription boxes? This makes me feel as though it’s a different formula compared to one you’d buy from the KS website or Sephora. It’s a $98 serum on the KS website so I can’t help but assume they’re getting less money for the serum with BC. So why would they give BC the "real" serum? Other than the sticker and half sticker/box stamp the packaging is exactly the same, and so is the bottle. I peeled back the KSfBC sicker and there was another numerical code and a barcode. I’ve never seen a sticker like that (KSfBC) on anything else I’ve received from BoxyCharm, but sadly we have to admit they have done some shady things so I just feel like there’s something shady with it. The instructions say 1-2 drops, I’ve used it a few times now (not long enough to give it a review) and 1-2 drops isn’t enough to cover my whole face, I don’t have a large face and when things say that usually 2 drops is almost too much. I read other reviews where people said 2 drops was plenty and covered their whole face with no problems. 🤷🏻‍♀️ idk what to think right now, but I’ll keep trying it and see what happens. Just curious about other people’s experiences with it, how it worked for them, did anyone experience anything like I did who got it from BoxyCharm, does anyone know or suspect it could be a diluted formula or somehow different because it’s from BoxyCharm, what’s the tea? And I’m so sorry this was so long.Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum
Melissa P. • 11 days ago
So this product has been on the market. For awhile usually you can get a ctao ton of samples from sephora I used for a month straight twice a day noticed nothing ..
Lisle, IL
13 days ago
What is the Kate Somerville Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum supposed to smell like? I received a bottle through boxycharm and it smells kind of "old" so I'm wondering if that's normal or if the bottle I have is expired?
Laurel W M. • 8 days ago
I get what you're saying, and mine has the same scent, though to me it smells less old and more 'earthy and peptide-y'. I can totally see how you would think it smelled old, but don't worry, it should be fine. I've used a lot of serum products from The Ordinary, so I've come to recognize that type of scent as being what plant-based peptides smell like.
Lauderdale, MS
16 days ago
What is the smell on the Kx Active Concentrates Bio-Mimicking Peptides Serum ? I got it on my BoxyCharm and it has a funny smell So i was wondering if that is how it's supposed to smell or there is something wrong with mine
Mindy F. • 16 days ago
Mine has a certain smell to it as well. Not like a bad weird though. It smells like a medical serum to me. Which is definitely not a bad thing! 😁 I’ve been using it the past week and it’s been doing wonders for my skin.