Kristin Ess Working Texture Loose Styling Powder 1 oz

by Kristin Ess

For all hair types Volume boosting Texture enhancing Braid thickening Invisible finish Grip is key with braids and so is texture - this is my ultimate braid aid. I sprinkle this on all of my braids before gently pulling them apart for texture. It keeps them from unraveling and falling apart. I also use this for volume at the root when I do updos. Wouldn't do a textured braid without this powder. It just makes things so much easier. How to: 1. Create a braid - french, dutch, cornrow, macramé, fishtail, rope, any kind of braid! 2. Sprinkle a small amount over the braid. 3. Gently tap the powder into the braid. 4. Lightly pull pieces of your braid to add texture. Tip: Use this when you want to add texture to your braid or updo but you're scared it will unravel. Contains Zip-Up Technology, our proprietary strengthening complex designed to "zip-up" split ends while targeting weak areas of the hair, smoothing the appearance of damaged cuticles and helping to protect hair from environmental stressors and color fade. Gender: Unisex.

Does this make your hair more/less greasy?
Is this product also helpful for oil absorption/ dry shampoo?
I purchased this a while back, but looking for other ways to use this besides adding texture to braids. Any tips on other styles this can help with? Thanks in advance! :)
Start your review of Kristin Ess Working Texture Loose Styling Powder 1 oz!
Erika M.
Manteca, CA
Love using this on my second day hair for the perfect messy pony or loose braid! Adds so much texture and holds so well! Buy mine at target and it of course has the signature Kristin ess scent that I love so much
Betsy D.
Lafayette, IN
Wowza! This was my first Kristin Ess purchase. I love the scent. Great packaging. But, ladies...THAT HOLD THOUGH!!! Holy Volume!! I have naturally curly hair so I have natural texture & volume. This Styling Powder takes your hair to the next level. It doesn’t take much to get 16+hrs of lasting, strong-hold volume & texture. I’ve tried several high-end, as well as several other budget friendly texture powders, and this is by far my new #1 choice. I paid $10 at Target and will definitely be buying more. It’s worth it & a new must-have for me!
Perla R.
Mission
Works wonders.... I have fine hair and there are times that I need something EXTRA to get my hair going. It helps me to not look so flat and again for my hair to look like it's thicker.... BUT on my best friend 👌😎 it was like wow she has short and thick hair.... We had an important event and she wanted to try it... It help her hairdo stay on longer than normal. Looked flawless all night long
Brittany R.
Wallingford, CT
While this product is actually beyond- the loose styling powder is literally gold to your hair. A little goes a long way and it looks like you have spent the day with curlers in your hair when in fact it didn't but... the only issue I have is the price. While still SUPER affordable, I just feel it would be more popular if it was a few dollars cheaper to compete with other products that are similar. BUT still- I have purchased it time after time already!
Allison T.
Broadview Hts, OH
MUST HAVE FOR LOBS AND BOBS. This is the only product I’ve found this far that doesn’t leave my hair looking greasy or crunchy. Take Ess’s advice and go easy on this spray. I recommend giving a practice spray before use to get the hang out of how much product comes out — because it comes out rather quick!
Nadja B.
Kristin Ess Working Texture Loose Styling Powder 1 oz uploaded by Nadja B.
this product does what it says; gives your hair volume! i love how big my hair can get with this powder. the application is easy because of the applicator. the only thing i don’t like, is that it can leave my hair feeling dry at times and makes it easier for my hair to knot. however, overall i like this product! and on the plus side- it smells great!
Beth W.
Coleraine, MN
Kristin Ess Working Texture Loose Styling Powder 1 oz uploaded by Beth W.
great powder, but if you use too much it can get very sticky and your hair looks greasy. Gives great texture and body.
Hannah B.
Costa Mesa, CA
This stuff is great! I’ve fallen in love with all the products I’ve tried by this brand! I have straight hair and so by mid day my hair is flat with no volume. I got this product to help keep my hair looking full and thick. I use a bit at the roots and massage it in. It works great!! It’s noticeably more full and thicker looking. I use this now all the time!! Kristin Ess Working Texture Loose Styling Powder 1 oz
Krista C.
Louisville, KY
I am obsessed with this loose styling powder, especially since the packaging was updated! It is so much easier to “spray” the powder into my hair, giving me that loose beachy wave look effortlessly! Smells so good and best part it’s cheap!! Highly recommend this stuff!
Caitlin W.
FtLauderdale
Doesn’t do much. I got better results from another drugstore brand of texture powder