BeautyHairHair ProductsKristin Ess
Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder

Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder

by Kristin Ess

For anyone with an oily scalp, it’s hard to go even a couple of days without washing. Whether that’s your issue or you just want to skip a wash-day, use this at the root to replenish volume + soak up any excess oil. Highlights: •    oil absorbing •    style extending •    soft finish •    lightweight formula •    easily blended 1. Apply to dirty or clean hair at the root (never apply to wet hair). 2. Gently massage root area using your fingertips, or pat down with a flat palm to make any visible powder blend. Tip: If you ever over-do it with a shine product, just add a little bit of this to help soak it up.

Any tips on how to get the powder to come out once’s it’s at the bottom?
Is this worth it? I have an oily scalp and Normal dry shampoos cause buildup. I heard this is a better option that the aerosol cans!
does this make your scalp itchy?
Start your review of Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder!
Sara O.
Florida
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Sara O.
This product wasn’t my favorite mostly because of the dispenser. It gets difficult to pump after a while and it doesn’t pump out very much dry shampoo. It’s also difficult to control where it is going and some dry shampoo ends up on my face. This was the first loose powder dry shampoo and I will be looking for other options. I also noticed that after 2 days in a row of using this product my scalp starts to get itchy and has noticeable dry flakes. I’m sorry, but I don’t recommend unless you have minimal oil. Once positive is that it feels very light and it seems to volumize a little bit. However it leaves a white cast and is more difficult to soak in than aerosol dry shampoos.
Lindsay S.
Arlington
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Lindsay S.
Purchased at: Target
I’ve been looking for a non aerosol dry shampoo and I found a great one! This leaves my hair feeling freshly washed the next day and doesn’t leave a white residue. It also lasts a long time!
Natalie L.
Ann Arbor, MI
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Natalie L.
I have mixed feelings on this one. I discovered the brand as someone who has serious issues with allergic reactions to hair care and is sensitive to fragrance. It's got affordable salon quality products that are fragrance free and this is the first brand I've been able to add to my limited line up in at least 2 years. So as someone who freaked out the influenster community when I said I washed my hair everyday in the summer due to oil, I was excited to see she has a fragrance free dry shampoo powder. I have very fine, type 1, hair that is naturally dark blonde which means my roots are more of a light brown. It also means my hair shows everything! I've tried dry shampoo but most are heavily scented and honestly they make my roots look even worse. So seeing a powder I was excited. I agree the pump is awkward, but I'm not sure what would be better so I'm ok with it. I dispensed into my hands and then applied.The first time I used too much and even though it helped, it left a layer sitting on my scalp and made it itch. Next time I used less and focused more on my roots, it helps but again still looks somewhat oily. Unfortunately, this still made my scalp itchy. As I said, I often have issues with using hair care so unless you're super sensitive I doubt you'd have issues. It's more this is just ok as a dry shampoo and while I prefer the powder to the spray, it's more awkward to apply. Love the brand, but this was a miss for me. Try the fragrance free conditioner though! Haven't tried the fragrance free shampoo, but have another shampoo I'm loving that I'm reviewing soon!
alison S.
Conway, SC
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by alison S.
works just like it should! I love it and am happy that there is not a scent so I can use whatever perfume I prefer!
Lauren P.
Davenport, IA
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Lauren P.
I was extremely nervous to try this product. When I pumped it powder cake flying out and went everywhere! I normally use dry shampoo in an aerosol can so to have to work with a powder was a little intimidating. However, it ended up rubbing in very easily and immediately blended in with my hair. It removed the natural grease that I would have after a couple days of not washing it with ease.
Courtney M.
San Marcos, CA
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Courtney M.
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Courtney M.
**I plan to use this multiple times to really get a feel for how it works with my hair. *Use 1: I am rarely a fan of dry shampoos, I feel like I can always tell by the texture that I have them in my hair, and when they come out in sprays they leave weird residue. I liked this for a few reasons: fragrance free and vegan, and it came as a powder with a pump, so you don’t end up spraying it everywhere or with a huge concentration on one spot. I tried this out on unwashed, post workout hair to really get a sense of it. It took a couple pumps to get it to start coming out, but wasn’t as messy as it could be with loose powder. I applied it both to my hand, then my hair, and directly to my roots and it worked both ways. I liked that it blended in easily and there’s no residue in my darker roots. My hair still feels a bit greasy, about five minutes after use, but doesn’t have that weird texture of typical dry shampoos and I can’t see any product in my hair. **Use 2: before the gym, unwashed hair for two days. I used this before the gym to mitigate the oil in my hair and while it blended in perfectly, it didn’t do anything to make my hair feel less greasy and I used multiple pumps. Two stars for the favorable characteristics and ease of use, but it so far hasn’t worked for me.
Stephanie C.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Stephanie C.
I got into the dry shampoo game pretty late. I usually just keep my hair up in a bun on the third day okay. I’d always wanted a try a powdered dry shampoo and lucky me this showed up on my doorstep. I was scared putting this white powder on my black hair but it blended away so easily. My hair actually looks and feels clean!!! Also does not feel like there’s just a bunch of stuff on my scalp which makes me feel...gross. Really into it and excited to keep using it! Also love how clean it is!!!
Savannah P.
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Savannah P.
I love all of Kristin’s products but I’m so happy she came out with this! It’s a unique design compared to other dry shampoos. I do wish it was scented just because I prefer that but I love it anyways!
Meagan L.
Lake Charles, LA
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Meagan L.
I feel like this is my new favorite. It’s a smaller bottle also than your regular spray, dry shampoo. For sure recommend this one!
Laura A.
Kristin Ess Fragrance Free Dry Shampoo Powder uploaded by Laura A.
I’m so happy to receive this in-between washes 🧖🏻‍♀️ I don’t wash my hair everyday so I’m a huge fan of dry shampoos. This dry shampoo is fragrance-free and I actually don’t mind it at all. The powder is light and disappears into your hair almost instantly. I was very surprised to see dry shampoo come in non-aerosol form. I would definitely buy this again.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...