BY KRISTIN ESS

For all hair types Texture building Instantly volumizing Ultra-light hold Soft matte finish Hands down, the best affordable dry texturizing spray. I truly mean that. Create a soft matte txture or lived-in look by applying a light veil all over. Focus mostly on the roots and middle of the hair. Rarely do I make waves without this. How to: 1. Create your desired hairstyle. 2. Add textured, soft matte finish and lasting hold by spraying this at the root first and then add a small amount from middle to ends. Tip: Apply a little, wait 30 seconds, then see if you need more. Give the spray a chance to dry, creating texture and grit before adding a second layer. Contains Zip-Up Technology, our proprietary strengthening complex designed to "zip-up" split ends while targeting weak areas of the hair, smoothing the appearance of damaged cuticles and helping to protect hair from environmental stressors and color fade. Gender: Unisex. see more...

• Is this tested on animals?1 Answers
  • People with blunt lobs/bobs what is a good #texturizing s...1 Answers
  • Does this product make your hair dry? I’m looking for a g...1 Answers
Lauren L.
After chopping off about 10 inches of length from my hair, I was left with the newfound task of learning how to style my hair. My salon stylist suggested that l look into a texturizing spray; something I had never considered buying before! If you're unfamiliar with its uses, texturizing spray adds volume and grit to your locks after heat styling for that "done, undone" look. I wanted to buy the Oribe spray but after looking at the price tag I headed to Target to find a cheaper alternative. That is where I came across the Kristin Ess line! The beauty store associate advised that she loved the product and it was worth trying out. Although I don't heat style often, I found that this spray added the texture I needed to my normally sleek locks. It also didn't weigh down my hair either. The scent was a bit strong so if you are sensitive to heavily scented products heed my warning. However at $14 I really can't complain because the product does its job! Head to your Target asap because these products are selling out quick.
Rebecca S.
Little Rock, AR
I can’t live without this spray. It takes my thick but fine hair to the next level. It gives me texture and volume without leaving my hair feel heavy or sticky. It smells amazing! And it keeps my natural subtle waves present which is a plus. Will continue to buy- probably forever.
Lindsay A.
St Petersburg, FL
Please never discontinue this product!

My hair is annoyingly fine and soft, so it becomes hard to get my air-dried waves to stick, no matter how much salt spray I layer in.

I'm obsessed with Oribe Dry Texture Spray and often purchase DryBar Triple Sec 3-in-1 to save some $. But let's be real-- you're gonna go through these suuuuuper fast if you have a lot of hair like I do. I've tossed out most cheaper dupes because they don't do the trick.

This spray is beyond awesome. I even saw my stylist today and she demanded to know what's in my hair. Last night I used a tennis ball sized blob of the Kristin Ess mousse on my roots, smoothing to the mid shaft, then a little dry oil on my ends. I fell asleep with wet hair and let it air dry. This morning I layered in the Dry Finish Working Texture Spray and I already know I can never be without it. It's lasted all day without a touch-up, and has helped keep my oil at bay.  I can't wait to try it on a day I actually style my hair.

This is also perfect for pre-roughing up hair before braiding or sticking a cute messy bun together.

My crazy mane looks as close to Lauren Conrad's as it's ever going to. I already told all my girlfriends to get this stuff.

OhmyPinks M.
I finally picked this up the other day during my Target run.
I’ve read so many good things about it on Into the Gloss (facebook group).
Someone had asked what is a good dupe for a high end texture spray, and many
commented Kristen Ess.

This spray really is a great dupe for all of the high end
texture sprays. It performs just as well—great lasting hold (it’s been 4 hours
since I’ve styled my hair and it is holding up really well)—and of course, texture.
Really, I am very impressed. I sprayed it into my hair a couple of times
starting at the root and worked it in my hair before adding more. I do think it
is easy to go overboard, but start with a couple of sprays and go from there.

I really don’t mind the scent; it is refreshing & clean.
No crunch & no white residue to report. It is a lovely product and I will
most definitely buy again after my first bottle runs out. You also get a lot of
product that will last a long time because a little goes a long way.
Jordan F.
Acworth, GA
Purchased at: Target
Love using this on clean hair before or after styling! Makes curls and waves last longer & gives my stick straight hair volume. As always with Kristen Ess products, the fragrance is amazing
Kristina A.
Jacksonville, FL
Very comparable to high-end texturizing sprays. This smells like a salon product. A little goes a long way. I'll usually spray a bit in my roots and down the middle of my hair, wait about 10 seconds & then stay scrunching & using my fingers to make my hair look more textures. It lasts in your hair for a long time too. When I wake up in the morning with it still in my hair, I'm able to manipulate it still. It's a large can and a great value.
Eli M.
Murfreesboro , TN
Purchased at: Target
I love this texturizing spray! It gives my hair so much volume and kind of gives it that dirty feeling. I love to use this when i’m doing larger loose curls to give me that messy beachy look.
Tara L.
Purchased at: Target
I really enjoy this dry texture spray. It’s affordable and a little goes a long way. Smells nice but not overpowering. Gives my hair a light hold and adds good texture.
Corinne B.
Winston Salem, NC
THIS IS THE BEST STUFF HANDS FREAKING DOWN. I love to curl my hair, but have rather fine hair that sometimes has an issue holding a curl (i have a long lob haircut). But i prefer what it looks like curled. This stuff is GREAT. I spray it before and after curling and it adds so much texture and hold to even my just blown out hair.
Jack D.
Tucson, AZ
Purchased at: Target
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON EXPENSIVE TEXTURE SPRAYS! Just stop 🛑 go to Target 🎯 and of you only try ☝🏼 one thing from this line, make it this texture spray. I have the most limp, flat, thin, sad white girl hair EVER. This spray gives my hair LIFE and body and so so much texture and OOMF! If you see it on the shelf, grab it, because it does sell out and then I cry 😭
Lauren L.
Does this texturizing spray have dry-shampoo qualities like Oribe does?
Millie Y.
Toronto, ON
Is the scent overpowering and you could smell it each time you turned your head? Did you find it lingered the entire day?
Jocelyn W.
Lincoln, NE
Does this product make your hair dry? I’m looking for a good product like this where I don’t have to sacrifice moisture.
Carli B.
My hair is super thin. Does this help with volume on thicker hair because I haven't seen a difference.
Harley G.
Rumford, ME
Is this tested on animals?