BY KRISTIN ESS

For all hair types Style defining Texture building Instant separation Volumizing hold My favorite water-based pomade for braids, waves and short hair! Bobs and lobs can always use a little texture love, too. This is my go-to for all of the above. If you know me, you know I'm a huge fan of using water-based pomades to add texture. This one is easy to use and rinses away with water. How to: 1. Once your hair is styled as desired, scoop out a pea-sized amount of pomade and warm up between your palms. 2. I like to work this in from the middle to ends first which gives me great separation and texture. 3. Lastly, I use whatever is left on my hands and work it onto the root for lift and even-more texture. Tip: Use this when you want soft, full texture instead of a dry, matte texture. Contains Zip-Up Technology, our proprietary strengthening complex designed to "zip-up" split ends while targeting weak areas of the hair, smoothing the appearance of damaged cuticles and helping to protect hair from environmental stressors and color fade. Gender: Unisex. see more...

Buy on Target
Brittany R.
Wallingford, CT
Unfortunately, like the rest of the Kristin Ess line I didn't LOVE this product as much as the others. The Defining Water Based Pomade is extremely waxy so you need to warm it up in your hands prior to use. It gives your hair a good texture feeling but I feel she has other products in her line that are subtle and more versatile.
Britt M.
I was so excited when I heard Kristin was coming out with her own line. She’s a hair queen, so I knew I’d Benin good heads with this. I tend to use this pomade just on my ends for the beachy, pieces, roughed up look and it works fantastically for that. This isn’t sticky or gross, smells great and is easy to use. Cannot recommend this enough!
Liz P.
I decided to pick this up last minute at target and I’m so glad I did! I used it on wet hair l (I have thin wavy hair), followed the instructions on the label by taking a pea size amount rubbing it in between my hands to warm it up and then applying it mid shaft to ends of my hair. Any leftover I applied it to my roots. I let it air dry and the curls have separated beautifully! I naturally have frizzy hair and wished it would’ve tamed it but I’m overall very happy with the product. I read some reviews on target’s site about the scent being too overpowering; I used pea size amount and it’s not overpowering at all! Besides the smell is amazing. I can’t wait to try her serum!
McKenzie H.
Logan, UT
I'm not a pomade person; in fact, I'd never used it before grabbing this, but some reviews said it was a must for those with the "lob" haircut (long bob). I put it on my hair after I've heat styled it, so it's basically the last step in my routine. I don't like using hairspray, so this is a great alternative for keeping your hair in place, but not "too" in place if you know what I mean. It gives you kind of a messy but done look.

I only run a small amount between my palms to warm it up, and then scrunch it through my hair, mid-shaft to ends. It works great!
Chelsea M.
This pomade is AMAZING!! So originally i convinced my husband to buy it because he needed some and it smelled really good BUT low key I wanted to try it also. Well we've purchased it 3 times already! He uses it on a daily basis and it smells so good! I use it when my hair is wet and I want my baby hairs to dry straight. It's amazing because it's WATER BASED so even if I wanted to style my hair after I have already put it on, it would not effect my style negatively at all.
Kelly M.
Lehi, UT
A gorgeous pomade! It smells glorious, much like the rest of her collection, and feels weightless in your hair. It gives you effortless texture without any tacky or thick feeling. I've never really been into pomaded but I reach for this product any time I want my hair to last.