BY KRAFT #2 in Macaroni & Cheese

With our iconic cheesy flavor and classic macaroni shape, the Original Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner is full of the taste you love. And now it has no artificial flavors, preservatives or dyes. You know you love it.

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Original
  • "If you wanna get all fancy-like, brown up a half-pound of ground beef and toss it in (after you drain it, duh), or cut up nuked hot dogs and chunk 'em in." in 21 reviews
  • "Quick and easy to make, and it's always a delicious dish whether its your entire lunch, a side dish, or a snack." in 18 reviews
  • "When my son was young he went thru a few spells where we could only get him to eat one thing, one time it was PB&J and another time it was "The blue box Mommy!"." in 18 reviews
  • "I have a picky husband and a picky 10 year old and an 18 year old who will eat anything and Kraft macaroni and cheese is perfect, it satisfies my entire family and it is cheap plus its quick and easy to make whether I need to whip up a quick lunch or need a dinner side it goes a long way and it tastes great." in 15 reviews
  • "I never knew how much I had an appreciation for Kraft Mac and Cheese until I went under a college student budget and tried the generic stuff." in 14 reviews
Emmy T.
Antelope, CA
Purchased at: Walmart
This was a throwback classic meal as a child. The creamy taste of the cheese with the macaroni was perfect. It’s also so easy to make with the pocket for cheese and macaroni in the box. Just boil it up and it would be done in minutes. It’s not the healthiest but is quick and easy to make.
Sheryl S.
Savage, MN
Purchased at: Walmart
I love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!! It's so simple and quick to make. There is always plenty for everyone and you can add whatever you'd like in to it. If I'm going for basic I'll add just some pepper. However it's good with chunks of ham or hot dogs. Personally I don't follow the directions for the milk. I don't like when it's too soupy so I'll add just enough to get everything mixed together. Yum!
Lauren E.
Walpole, MA
Purchased at: Stop & Shop
I love love love Kraft mac and cheese. It’s my go-to quick meal that always fills me up. It’s cheesey and delicious. I’ve grown up eating Kraft mac and cheese and would never choose anything else. Quick to make, doesn’t require much effort or various ingredients and always well priced. Perfect for a college student - or just about anyone!
Tiera G.

Tiera J Gaines

Barbara Johnson

English 1157-047

3 December 2018

Word Count: 852

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese:
Is It Really the Best Macaroni?

According
to Wikipedia, the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese product was placed inside of a box
in the year of 1937. The main ingredients of the product itself is macaroni,
cheddar sauce (or a mix of béchamel sauce cheddar or parmesan cheese), milk,
butter, and flour. The dish can be served hot or warm. The dish can also be
served as a side dish or a main dish. Although Kraft Macaroni and Cheese isn’t
the healthiest of all the possible foods that you can eat, I believe that it
is, in fact, one of the fastest and cheapest meals to ever be cooked.

Others,
for example, might find Kraft Macaroni and Cheese to be unhealthy because of
the amount of sodium and the amount fat the product has. The product contain
3.5 g of fat and 900 mg of sodium. That is a low amount of fat and a high
amount of sodium for one box to contain. I do agree that if some people are
having some difficulty about choosing on what they should eat, that Kraft
Macaroni and Cheese is not the best option. I do believe that people who are on
budgets, are picky eaters, or just wants something that is quick and easy
should absolutely consider eating Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. The amount of time
to prepare the dish is fifteen minutes or less.

Kraft
Macaroni and Cheese have changed their cheese recipe over the years. Because
they changed the recipe, some of their customers have complained about the
nutrition of the macaroni and cheese. Olivia Tarantino writes on Eat This, Not That! Website, “Kraft is
low in fat, but their box is high in sodium, low in fiber, and high in sugar.” The taste and texture of the macaroni
and cheese are diving some people away from the product. With this change,
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese have definitely lost some customers, but overall,
most of the customers still enjoy the taste and have decided to stay loyal to
the company.

Other
people who are cooking food for their families and realize that Kraft Macaroni
and Cheese is ready to be served within fifteen minutes will most likely choose
this product because one box serves enough food for up to four people. To
prepare the meal all you have to do is cook the macaroni and then simply add
the cheese packet that comes with the packaging. You can also add just about
anything you want to the dish as well. A mom named Frances G. from the
Influenster website stated, “I love mac & cheese
and I would have to say that Kraft Macaroni & Cheese is one of the best
affordable ones that I have ever tried. I would say that I probably make this
for my family about 3 times a month. Super easy to make, only takes me about 10
minutes. And it tastes amazing as well, I always get seconds when we have this
for dinner.” Even though Kraft isn’t the healthiest it is one of the cheapest
and quickest meals to make.

Although
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese have changed their recipe, most of their consumers
believe that the overall taste of the macaroni and cheese is delicious. J.
Kenji Lopez-Alt, a chief culinary advisor for Serious Eats, writes in Serious
Eats, “Kraft is still the cheesiest, tastiest, and butteriest.” As long as
you don’t over-cook or under-cook the noodles, the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese will
come out how it supposed to be. The tender macaroni noodles, when cooked
properly, mixed with a decent layer of cheddar cheese really tastes great. The
taste of the cheese is a good balance of tanginess and salt.
Kraft Macaroni and cheese isn’t the healthiest of all the many different
types of meals you could possibly make, but it has won the hearts and taste
buds of many people. The amount of sodium and fat in the product, and the
change of the recipe does drive away some customers, but the easiness in the
preparation, the very short amount of time spent making the macaroni and
cheese, and the taste keeps most of the customers. The fact that it can be
served as a main dish, side dish, or even a snack keeps people wanting more.      This site let me upload my works cited page part of my essay.
Meagan W.
Columbus, Ohio
Purchased at: Kroger
I love kraft Mac and cheese! It is yummy and makes a relatively large amount in each box. It does require more ingredients than the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Original Flavor does, but it is more delicious. It takes a bit to make, but it’s worth it! It’s cheap and good for when you don’t want to make anything homemade.
sop k.
The Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Original is really good. I grew up eating macaroni and cheese ever since I was little. You can never go wrong with eating macaroni and cheese from Krafts. It's so simple to make and it takes less than 1 hour to make! I would definitely recommend this food for families with little kids.
Rebekah H.
I mean, we all grew up having this so there was a time I loved it. But no. Just no. This is junk and soooo not worth it for your health to eat it. I make most everything homemade from scratch and with clean ingredients as much as possible. This is one of the worst. Homemade Mac is soooo much better. In every way.
Avriel R.
Columbus, OH
I am a 24-year old woman and I can say that the Original Kraft Macaroni and Cheese is STILL one of my favorite dinners to make during the week! You cannot be the taste, it makes me think of my childhood and brings back nostalgia! This macaroni and cheese makes for a quick and easy dinner any night of the week.
leah #.
North Bellmore
I love kraft mac and cheese it is a quick easy meal to make when your hungry and it fills you. I eat really late so I normally make this in the middle of the night and it takes a good 10 minutes to a make with it's simple instructions. I always make this mac and cheese and would not use any other brand.
Samantha G.
Vestavia Hls, AL
This is a great product. I like mac and cheese and it reminds me of my childhood because it was an easy side for my mom to make me and my sibling. It is super cheap. The one thing I don't like is that it is powder cheese instead of the liquid cheese. I think that it makes it less creamy.
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
What are some things you add to your mac and cheese to make it a little different?
Natalie V.
Zion, Il
Do kids like these?
Michele B.
Naples, ME
Is this your first choice for boxed Mac n cheese?
Rebekah K.
Virginia Beach, VA
Who thinks its ok to feed this to a 10 month old that is starting on Solids?
Kathy  P.
Houston , TX
How can i turn this into a meal?