BY KONG #2 in Dog Grooming & Bathing

• Dogs or cats? I’m a dog lover, my baby Luna is an America...13 Answers
  • Would this brush work well for a Husky/German Shepherd mi...6 Answers
  • Just curious does this work I golden retrievers or not4 Answers
KONG Zoom Groom Dog Brush
  • "This brush works great to work the shampoo into water resistant coats and is a comfortable way to get rid of some loose hair. " in 49 reviews
  • "When I was a dog groomer we used these for any short haired dog that she'd a lot I would definitely recommend this to any dog owner. " in 41 reviews
  • "I am a dog groomer and we use the zoom groom all the time for short hair dogs and it works great and they love it too since its just a rubber brush. " in 34 reviews
  • "My cat who is scared of most brushes will tolerate this brush (small dog size) but it does not get all of the loose fur out and doesn't hold on to it well so you end up with a lot of floating fur" in 17 reviews
  • "Use this on my boyfriend's large dog who sheds his thick coat nonstop to really scrub him clean of loose hairs during bath time." in 17 reviews
Gina A.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I cannot rave about this brush ENOUGH! I have a Pug, so as any pug owner can tell you, THEY SHED, and they shed like a big dog would. This brush is incredible for any short haired doggy. When you use it, brush in a circular motion and you can just watch all the loose hairs come up. I was shocked the first time I used this because the amount of hair that it picks up and takes off is nuts. I had been using a regular brush at first for short haired dogs, now I combine the two. I start off with this to loosen the hair, and follow with the regular brush to pick up anything that comes off. This is a miracle brush. It helps to reduce the amount of shedding as well, and can be used in the bath to help really get in the thick hair and help lather up the shampoo.
Jennifer C.
The Kong ZoomGroom is a godsend to dog owners!! I have a yellow Labrador retriever that it works wonders on as I use it all the time on her! She sheds a lot and this rubbery curry brush is the cream of the crop over any of the other choices at the store! I don’t have to worry about damaging her fur or cutting her with a blade! It gets a lot of the loose dead fur out which is great for before and during her baths! There’s nothing better and safer in my and her eyes! Just be careful though as it does look like a toy so your doggo might want to grab at it. Haha
Mallory C.
New Orleans, LA
I had heard good things about this brush from a friend so I decided to give it a shot because it wasn’t as pricey as the Furminators. As a golden retriever puppy, my dog was shedding constantly. I found that the Kong brush worked less as a brush and more as a chew toy for my dog. It works great as a chew toy though and my pup loves it. Sometimes I still try and use it as a brush and it takes some hair off. But, my knock-off furminator works much better to get hair off then this.
Natalie J.
This brush is soooooo good. I bought it on a whim because it was cheap & didn't have high expectations since I've tried these types of brushes before & never thought they were great. I think this one works so well because the "bristles" are stiff and cone shaped. I go through with a furminator after & my beagles coat looks incredible!
Kenzie K.
Got this brush a few months back in hopes of removing some of my dog's winter coat while she's shedding. I was very disappointed when I brushed her thick fur for about 5 minutes and nothing was sticking to the brush. I have two think fur Australian Cattle Dogs. I'm sure this would be a good brush for short hair dogs, but I definitely would not recommend this to anyone who has long hair or thick hair dogs. They should advertise this as a short hair dog brush.
Kayla C.
Dallas, Tx
I know this brush has amazing reviews, but I just didn't care for it that much! It didn't do the best job at removing the hair off my dog, and I didn't like that the hair just falls to the floor. You have to make sure and do this outside or you'll have wads of hair on your floor. It also got gunky and gross super easily. I will say though that my dogs loved it! Just not for mama!
Christina K.
So I'm not going to say this was a bad product.  But when I first got this I did not realize it is probably best suited for a dog with a long thick coat like a golden retriever.  Im sure it would work well getting out the undercoat. But I have a short hair jack Russell terrier and this brush makes no sense and does nothing to take out all this little hairs.
jessica s.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
If I’m honest this thing doesn’t really do anything. It’s not even a brush it’s just a bunch of rubber spikes and the dog is like terrified of it. We tried to use it as a chew toy but he just runs away now. I wouldn’t buy this and use it as a brush because it does literally nothing and just freaks your poor friend out.
Emily M.
Hudson Falls, NY
I have a short haired Pitbull/French mastiff mix, but I bought this brush among many things when I first got him. Because it’s so soft it literally does nothing when his hair is dry, even though he likes it because it’s like a little massage. I use it during bath time to rub in his shampoo and conditioner and it helps shedding when the loose hairs stick to it. It has a really cool, easy to grip design and I bet it’s super useful for longhaired dogs.
Talisa G.
As a former dog groomer this thing came in handy. It works so good on short hair dogs when they're taking baths. It is also amazing for in between baths to get their dead hair out. I recently started volunteering at a dog rescue and no one had ever used them and once they saw how happy the dogs were during baths and between they're a necessity.
raneem i.
El Paso, TX
Does it harm the dog?
Monique M.
Louisville, KY
Is this as durable as the kong toy?
Andrea G.
North Bergen, NJ
Worth the price?
Rebecca F.
Mustang, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
Does this work on short haired dogs?
Karina S.