BY KONG

• Just curious does this work I golden retrievers or not4 Answers
  • Does this brush work well and go through long hair ?2 Answers
  • Does this brush work on wet dog hair too or is it preferred dry? 1 Answers
KONG Zoom Groom Dog Brush
  • "This brush works great to work the shampoo into water resistant coats and is a comfortable way to get rid of some loose hair. " in 49 reviews
  • "When I was a dog groomer we used these for any short haired dog that she'd a lot I would definitely recommend this to any dog owner. " in 41 reviews
  • "I am a dog groomer and we use the zoom groom all the time for short hair dogs and it works great and they love it too since its just a rubber brush. " in 34 reviews
  • "My cat who is scared of most brushes will tolerate this brush (small dog size) but it does not get all of the loose fur out and doesn't hold on to it well so you end up with a lot of floating fur" in 17 reviews
  • "Use this on my boyfriend's large dog who sheds his thick coat nonstop to really scrub him clean of loose hairs during bath time." in 17 reviews
Jessica S.
South Paris, ME
Pet Lover Expert
I have a black lab who is a serious shedder. We couldn't find a proper brush for him for years and then one day I saw this at Walmart and decided to give it a try. Something about the material on this brush collects the hair like crazy, creating one huge clump that you can pull off and throw away. My lab also loves to be brushes now, it must feel so good for him. No more piles of dog hair under my furniture or against the kitchen cabinets!
Susan D.
Bear, DE
Pet Lover Expert
This brush gets messy, so be sure to take your pup outside before you brush them, but besides that this thing exceeded my expectations and then some! I have a brindle pit bull mix so her short hair doesn’t get picked up by the big brushes. This is exactly what we need during the shedding months!!
Emily K.
Sheboygan
Pet Lover Expert
I bought this brush when I saw a groomer I worked with use it on multiple dogs and she also recommended I get it for bathing too. Her brush still works even after the tips have been rounded down to nubs, so I had to try it. This brush is incredible!  It makes bath time so much easier with helping massage product all over my 87lb lab mix and also helps get rid of loose fur while in the bath. My pup loves the Zoom Groom, especially when I use it for massages at bedtime.
Amanda B.
N Providence, RI
If you own a dog that sheds a lot you understand my pain. Mara is part Shepard, part Lab so she has the shedding down part from every angle. I can vacuum the entire house and five minutes later watch a tumbleweed of fur go rolling by. It is a never-ending battle that I lose every time.  I’ve ask a lot of groomers about how to help shed her on my own time with a good tool. I’ve seen a million different brushes, some good some bad, but recently a groomer recommended to me the ZoomGroom. I used to use a slicker brush, but it always seemed to scare Mara. I found out that it is easy to hurt dogs with them in you go too deep. The brush is metal can scratch their skin and make brushing really unpleasant for them. For fluffier dogs it make be more ideal, but for most dogs I’ve found that it’s really not. Mara just hated it.The ZoomGroom is made by Kong, and is all rubber, just like the chew toys. They come in various sizes depending on the size of your pet and also make one specifically for cats – same brush but a different shape. Mara is 55 lbs and the large size is perfect for her. One of the great things about this brush is that it can also be used in the tub for shampooing. It works up a great lather and helps pull out the loose undercoat at the same time. I highly recommend brushing your dog outside if possible because it will pull off a lot of fur, probably more than you’d think. This also works great on all types of coats. I’ve talked to other dogs owners who use it on their big fluffy Chows and people who use it on their Boxers, while Mara falls in between. I also find the brush doubles as a doggie massage for Mara. She’ll near fall asleep on me while getting brushed.The brushes are very reasonably priced between $5 and $10 and well worth the small investment. After a while the brush will start to wear down and become less effective, but it will be quite a while before that happens. When it does, the brush can become a great chew toy and you can get a new one for grooming. Since the toy is all rubber, same as the Kong toys, your dogs can play with the brush without worry. Occasionally Mara will swipe hers and chew on it for a bit. No harm, no foul.I  have used many different types of brushes on Mara and my boys back home who all have very different coats and enthusiasm for brushings. I highly recommend this over any other brush no matter the coat. If you groom your dog at home or you just want to be able to vacuum a little less, then definitely make the small investment in this brush.
Tiffanie N.
Alexandria
I use this with my bigger dog who sheds like crazy! this really helps getting product worked through hair and loosening up hair. when I brush him after using this I notice less hair.
emma g.
Pet Lover Expert
I have a 10 year old lab mix and a 9 month old pit/greyhound/spitz mix and they shed like no ones business. I loooove to use the Zoom Groom during their baths and after while I'm drying them too. It's not expensive and worth every penny and more! I've even used it on my rabbit during his moult. I'd recommend this to anyone with shedding pets.
Marie E.
We utilized this brush on a German shorthair pointer to ensure an adequate clean and provide an added "plus" during bath time (what dog doesn't enjoy additional scratches?!). Unfortunately, the added scrubbing caused him to break out in bumps/hives down his entire back. What seems to be a potentially great product did not work for us.
Ruby J.
Tulsa
I got this brush for my two Danes, which sheds more than most people would think and this works great on them and they like how it feels when I use it. I use it while giving them a bath and also in between baths and it's a very well made product and has a very reasonable price. I would recommend this brush to anyone with a pet.
Anndria T.
Pet Lover Expert
Kong Zoom Groom is the BEST thing in the entire world to help keep your dog from shedding. Our dog loves the way it feels when we use it on him. It is affordable and easy to use. My dog really enjoys this. We really enjoy this. It keeps his shedding down. Every groomer we have been to has one and recommends it!
Maddy M.
Pet Lover Expert
When I bathe dogs at work, this is the best tool to use to help lather in the shampoo in the dogs with thick coats. It doesn't hurt them and massages their skin while working the shampoo into their fur. I really enjoy using this product and it seems to be holding up pretty well.
raneem i.
El Paso, TX
Does it harm the dog?
Monique M.
Louisville, KY
Is this as durable as the kong toy?
Andrea G.
North Bergen, NJ
Worth the price?
Rebecca F.
Mustang, OK
Pet Lover Expert
Does this work on short haired dogs?
Cristina F.
Did you find it made it easier to brush out your dog after using this when washing/grooming ?