BY KONG

Kong Wubba Hippo Dog Toy
  • "I love that it bounces for him and I love the fact there is a "tail" on it that you can hang on to and play tug of war. " in 13 reviews
  • "I always buy another every few months because this is one of his favorite toys but it also lasts a long time before he destroys it." in 12 reviews
  • "this actually is the longest toy shes had (4months) before she ripped the fabric off, now we just use the ball on the inside to play fetch :)" in 8 reviews
  • "It has quickly become my boston terriers favorite toy, but the hippo has lost its head :( poor pink hippo." in 7 reviews
  • "We use these at my work and some dogs can easily tear them apart but the medium sized dogs absolutely love this toy for playing tug of war!" in 6 reviews
jules W.
North Olmsted
Pet Lover Expert
My pup dog, Bear, and I absolutely love the kong brand of dog toys and fun! Whenever we get him something that isn't Kong brand we can time how long it lasts and it's barely five minutes. Kong is much more up to the challenge. This brand has the best durability for dog toys with rough or committed play. Our dog is a 90 to 100 pound Catahoula leopard dog and he plays hard, fast, and constantly! The konh toys always seem to stand up to his consistent and rough play and he struggles to find the weak point where he can rip it apart. The kongs that can be stuffed with treats are even better! We will fill bear's with peanut butter and various dog treats and it keeps him busy for 20-30 minutes. We used the extra small one when he was a pup and still mix it in on occasion he loves it just as much as his big one and it keeps him as entertained. The Wubbas are even better. Bear spends so much time killing the squeaker. He then will grab one of the legs and spin it around and shake it. We also play catch with it. Eventually he will chew and chew his way through each little hanging leg one at a time. This does take him weeks not minutes like other brands. He tries to rip it all the way open and get the ball out of it to play with. The ball that makes the head or body shape with the squeaker.
Sarah D.
Pet Lover Expert
Kong toys are the main type of toys that come into my home, as I have a very active chewer. I have had a lot of success with them so far. I was hoping that the "legs" of this one would last long than they did, as they were removed within the first week of play. However, the "body" part with the squeaker has lasted over a year! I likes it so much that I can't quite make him part from it. It's 100% worth it if your dog doesn't chew until it destroys but is still worth it in my books if he likes it this well.
Daf G.
Santa Barbara, CA
Pet Lover Expert
Having a picky dog makes shopping for him a little bit harder. He is uninterested in toys that are too tough, but will also rip any toy into shreds if it's not tough enough.....soooo, you can see my dilemma there! The Wubba toy has lasted my dog a good amount of time before he rips it into shreds though, and he loves it!! I would definitely recommend this product.
Rose C.
My dog, Moose, loves kong toys. They are the only ones that stand up to his persistence on destroying the toy. Most of his kong toys last a month or two which is good for him. All other brands only last a day in our house. Would definitely recommend their tennis balls and rubber kong balls for other dogs who can easily chew up toys.
Karin G.
Baltimore, MD
Purchased this for my dog , and she loves it. I guess since she think she is hurting someone lol my dog is a tough chewer so nothing last long with her. We thought that she broke the squeaker and we were wrong. Amazing product
Stephanie P.
CHARLOTTE, NC
Pet Lover Expert
Kong toys are fantastic. My dog loves this toy, I mean she literally plays with it from 12:00am-1:00am every night! Not expensive and my pup cannot destroy this thing and her other toys last an hour. Would buy again if she needed a new one! Recommend!
Anna P.
Austin, AR
Pet Lover Expert
These seem to be super durable. I have a friend that has one and I have played with one in the Pet Store, however I do not own one myself. It is on my list of things to purchase for my new puppy.
LINDSAY F.
Kansas City, MO
Pet Lover Expert
With the rough housing my pup and his doggie friends do, toys don't generally last long in our house.  However, this sucker has been going strong for over a year.  Mind you, their are a few strips gone, their are holes in the fabric around the ball, and the hippo is mostly gone at this point.  But, the fact that this thing is still getting played with regularly and holding up this well is pretty amazing!
Ashley L.
W Lafayette, IN
Pet Lover Expert
100% my lab's favorite toy! She has had it since she was a puppy and it has lasted! She is a major chewer and this toy has lasted about 6 years as she has aged. It does have a tear in it where she pulled the head off the top, but other than that it is all in one piece and she plays with it everyday!
Bernadette A.
Washington , DC
Pet Lover Expert
My dog and I love this toy! It's semi- durable, easy to throw, and easy to bounce. My pup is notorious for ripping through toys, and this one is no different. Though it says it's durable, it was easily torn threw. The only salvageable part was the bouncy ball.
Kara S.
Toronto, ON
Does anyone else find that the 'squeak' tends to have a double squeak or 'echo' effect/
Stephanie W.
Ruskin, FL
Does your dog have one of these?
Amanda C.
Racine, WI
Is this or the Kong better?
Kristen C.
Columbia, MD
How tough are these? My dog has the original Kong for power chewers and that has held up well, but his Kong genius toys were destroyed in less than a day. Do you have a "power chewer" and if so, is the wubba still intact?
Elisha W.
How long does this last? My dog is a heavy chewer and can destroy all kinds of toys. I've been looking into getting one of these but I don't want to waste my money on it if it isn't going to last.