BY KONG #4 in Dog Toys

KONG Extreme represents the most durable version of the original KONG toy. Theultra-strong black rubber compound is recommended for power chewers. Satisfaction guaranteed. Extreme is the hardest, most durable KONG available on the market today! It's a black version of the Classic red rubber KONG toy and is designed specifically for power chewers. KONG toys are enthusiastically used and recommended by veterinarians, trainers, dog professionals and satisfied customers world wide. Why KONG Toys Rule So, how do KONG toys benefit dogs? First and foremost, they help keep dogs occupied and mentally stimulated while their Pet Parents are away. KONG's have a hollow center to stuff with tasty treats that require skill and persistence to get to. There are a variety of KONG Stuff'n treats available for purchase (sold separately), or just use a dab of peanut butter spread around the inside and let your dog get to work! They are nearly indestructible; although, a select few particularly gregarious dogs have had destructive success. KONG toys have an unpredictable bounce that has been known to cause spontaneous eruptions in playtime fun. Regular use of KONG toys can also improve oral health. Supervise your dog's use of KONG Toys until you are confident they can be used safely without supervision. This is especially important with tenacious chewers! 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all KONG rubber chew toys. see more...

• Does your dog enjoy playing with this toy for long periods?4 Answers
  • Other than peanut butter what else can you put in these?6 Answers
  • What size would be good for a mini schnauzer?1 Answers
Buy on PETCO
  • "I love that I can stuff it with peanut butter so while I'm gone he has something to do and it's rewarding!" in 3 reviews
  • "Try freezing a mixer of wet and dry food inside the kongs!" in 1 review
  • "He loves when I put peanut butter inside and freeze it." in 1 review
  • "We hide treats inside sometimes too." in 1 review
  • "And they love it with frozen peanut butter for an extra treat" in 1 review
Heather S.
Pequannock, NJ
My puppy loves this. We buy the kong treats that you put in a kong and it keeps him busy for hours. My dog loves to chew and destroys any toy in seconds so we used to use the regular strength kong but he would still be able to pull little pieces off. So we got the black one for “strong chewers” we’ve had it forever. Another amazing thing is that it’s dishwasher safe so I can stick peanut butter in there and when my puppy is done I kist stick it in the dish washer and it is sparkling clean for tomorrow. My puppy loves it so much that he knows when it’s 8pm (when we normally give it to him) and he picks it up and will just fallow someone around with it or stick it in your lap haha. Best purchase we ever made for our dog!!
Natalie H.
I have a Shiba Inu, she is a power chewer! There's not a single toy that we have ever gotten her that hasn't been ripped and torn apart, squeakers and stuffing completely taken out. This Kong unfortunately was no exception. She has been able to chew pieces / chunks off fairly easily so I had to get rid of it. She also had it in the bone shape and same thing pieces missing / chewed off. She did have fun playing with it while it lasted though. It didn't work for us.
Darby M.
Pet Lover Expert
I have a 2 year old black lab. If you know anything about these dogs, you know they LOVE to chew. Most dog toys don't stand a chance against him and last for all of 5 minutes. However, Kong is the only brand that holds up for us. He can chew and throw and try to demolish this toy and it isn't working. It means he gets more play time and I have less worries about him swallowing toy parts. If you have a dog that is notorious for destroying toys, this is for you!
Nikki H.
If you have a chewer, this is the holy grail of chewy toys. My dog Bella has torn up every single toy, shoe, stick, and bone that has come her way. I've seen her demolish a cow femur in no time. This was the first chew toy that she didn't start tearing up....for several months! I was amazed and since then it's the only chew toy I've purchased.
Jessica S.
Meridian, ID
Pet Lover Expert
These are definitely more durable and heavy duty than the red ones are. We have a big pitbull in the family that can chew up anything and everything and this has stood up through him so far! It is super heavy though and even my smaller dog likes to try to play with it haha
Kylie P.
Williamstown, WV
Bought this for my chocolate lab. He’s now 3, and he hasn’t been able to chew it up. They are a little pricey, but it’s worth the price for how long they last. I also got him a kong bone, and he’s gone through 2 in a matter of months. Would definitely recommend this product!
sam f.
Provo, UT
This is one of the absolute best toys for large breed or otherwise strong dogs! We have used several of these for our Saint Bernard, mastiff, German Shepherd, and other large dogs over the years. These hold up much longer than other balls or rope toys, and our dogs have LOVED these! We squeeze a dog biscuit and it immediately keeps our dog entertained while he tries to get the treat. It took a good long while before this toy would get chewed into enough that it needed to be replaced. And one of the best parts is that it’s a great price wherever I’ve purchased one! I highly recommend to all dog owners! Kong Ultra King Kong Dog Toy
Emily H.
Marquette, MI
This is a must have for any big and strong breed like my German Shepherd. He loves it with peanut butter or treats inside. Just PLEASE read the directions and get the correct size. When my GSD was a Puppy I bought him a larger size because the toy is expensive and I wanted to make it last. Well, he got the Kong stuck around his lower canine teeth and jaw and had to have the toy cut off. I did repurchase but this time I bought the correct size and have replaced it to the larger size as he grew and he’s not longer had any problems.
Meghan L.
Boston, MA
I put peanut butter inside, while I'm making food. This distracts my dog for a few minutes. She seems to know that this is for treats and if she sees that there is nothing inside, she does not bother with this toy, hence the one star down. I have this in black.
Kristen D.
Haverhill
Pet Lover Expert
These toys are great for stuffing with treats and letting your dog try to get it out. In other words, great for distraction or crate training. One on one play.... they’re ok but a tennis ball or hard rubber ball is better. I don’t know but something about the shape of it, the dogs don’t seem to really like when playing fetch or catch. Still, there’s nothing better than a king that’s been stuffed with peanut butter and kibble and then frozen to entice your new puppy into his crate or distract them when you’re sneaking out the door.
Melissa D.
Morrisburg, ON
I always want to get my dog Kong toys, not the cones but the other Kong toys, but I'm wondering if they really are durable, do dogs really enjoy them? Are they worth the money? Or is there cheaper toys like Kong or stronger that I could get my dog?
Melissa T.
San Diego, CA
How durable is this dog toy? I hate buying my dogs toys that seem to last 5 min
Analy G.
What kind of treats do y'all put in the Kong toys?
Angelica C.
Doral, FL
Where can I find this?
Bria M.
Summit hill, PA
Where can I find one of these