BY KONG #9 in Dog Toys

KONG Extreme represents the most durable version of the original KONG toy. Theultra-strong black rubber compound is recommended for power chewers. Satisfaction guaranteed. Extreme is the hardest, most durable KONG available on the market today! It's a black version of the Classic red rubber KONG toy and is designed specifically for power chewers. KONG toys are enthusiastically used and recommended by veterinarians, trainers, dog professionals and satisfied customers world wide. Why KONG Toys Rule So, how do KONG toys benefit dogs? First and foremost, they help keep dogs occupied and mentally stimulated while their Pet Parents are away. KONG's have a hollow center to stuff with tasty treats that require skill and persistence to get to. There are a variety of KONG Stuff'n treats available for purchase (sold separately), or just use a dab of peanut butter spread around the inside and let your dog get to work! They are nearly indestructible; although, a select few particularly gregarious dogs have had destructive success. KONG toys have an unpredictable bounce that has been known to cause spontaneous eruptions in playtime fun. Regular use of KONG toys can also improve oral health. Supervise your dog's use of KONG Toys until you are confident they can be used safely without supervision. This is especially important with tenacious chewers! 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all KONG rubber chew toys. see more...

• Is this that much stronger than the red?2 Answers
  • How easily can a dog chew this toy up. My dog ripes up a new toy ...1 Answers
  • I have been really interested in trying one of these for my fur b...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "My dog loves the peanut butter treat that I put in it, It keeps her occupied for a few minutes and she likes to roll it around!" in 4 reviews
  • "My dog loves it, because it bounces wonky when I toss it, and he gets about 30 minutes to an hour of enjoyment out of removing the dog treats and peanut butter I've stuffed inside." in 2 reviews
  • "I highly recommend these kong toys for dogs that like to tear apart toys in seconds." in 1 review
  • "And these toys last a long time very hard for her to destroy" in 1 review
  • "A little pricey though." in 1 review
Squeaky F.
Squeaky F.
Saint Paul, MN
Pet Lover Expert
I wanted to love this toy. I hoped it would be the one. It's not.

I have two dogs, both impressive chewers. One is a 90+ pound lab mix with a big head and enormous teeth, and the other is about 60 pounds with a small head and little needle teeth. They broke this as easily as any other dog toy.

To its credit my dogs didn't rip this to shreds, as they do with the normal red Kongs, but I think that's for lack of trying, rather than lack of ability. These traditional wobbly Kongs aren't their favorites. For the most part once the middle is cleaned out they lose interest, chewing it a few times a week at most.

Despite the punctures one of these does hold up for us for awhile, so it's not a bad toy, it just doesn't live up to the marketing. If you have a really strong chewer they will successfully destroy this, as with any other toy.
Beth D.
Beth D.
Florence, KY
This was something I got my dog when he was about a year old. we have several Kongs, not because they break or wear out, but because my dog loses them and we always get him another one because they're his favorite. of course, they always turn back up, and so we have several. for those that need to know this, my dog is a very, very efficient and destructive chewer. He has never actually managed to destroy one of these, and we've only had a few in his eight years. I definitely recommend them. He's a boxer mix, with the mix being with something larger and also blocky-headed.
Sara G.
Sara G.
Tucson, AZ
I bought one of these as a"birthday " present for my ACD over 3 years ago and it's still keeping her entertained. The material is extremely durable, so there's no concern of her biting off a chunk, and the odd shape of the Kong makes it perfect for games of fetch, and for hiding snacks in the center. ACDs can also be somewhat obsessive nibblers, and the nipple at the top keeps her busy... Amazingly, after 3 years she still hasn't been able to make even a dent in it.
Abbie H.
Abbie H.
Nashville , TN
The pro is that the kong extreme was the first toy that my Great Pyrenees puppy was unable to destroy. The con is that it also didn't hold her interest, even when I tried putting treats inside or freezing peanut butter inside. The Kong is definitely heavy duty and should last an impressive amount of time, but I ended up throwing mine out.
Tammy W.
Tammy W.
My dogs love this toy. It is super durable for my husky to chew on. We've had this toy for about 5 months and it hardly has a scratch on it. I stuff it with a doggy biscuit/cookie, treats, and some peanut butter or some doggy spreads. You can also try freezing it after it is stuffed during the summer time. This is a great toy!!!
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Lowell, MI
We have two large hunting dogs, one that is 130 lbs and the other is 90lbs. It is hard to find chew toys that actually last for more than a day and the Kong definitely does! These are also great for training, because you can stick a treat or peanut butter in the center as a reward. I would recommend to anyone with large dogs.
Jacklyn S.
Jacklyn S.
Shamokin, PA
I love this toy by Kong. I use it with 4 German Shepherds in my house and it's been around for 2 years and still is intact especially with my super chewers that I have. I would recommend it to any one with heavy chewing dogs in their family. It's worth it instead of buying toy after toy to make the dog happy.
Meghan B.
Meghan B.
Saginaw, MI
My dog is considered an aggressive chewer by my vet, she destroys everything the second we give it to her but these KONG toys last her months in comparison to minutes with her other toys. Plus she loves the fillings we can buy for them, and it keeps her busy trying to get everything out.
Tegan R.
Tegan R.
Las Vegas
I love love love this toy !! I two 80 pound pitt bulls and one of them just loves to chew her toys ! Most last a day maybe a week but this guy has lasted 2 months !!! I would buy this again and again !! I love the Kong brand because they are affordable and durable
Rache D.
Rache D.
Evans, GA
Absolutely love this. Big enough I can fit most of Maggie's food in here to make her work for her food, small enough it easily fits in a bag to take with us. It's lasted 6 months so far with no signs of breaking through Maggie and her friends using it.
Jordan  D.
Jordan D.
Where is the cheapest place to but these?
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Any colors other than black?
Kayleigh R.
Kayleigh R.
San Diego, CA
How durable are these for big dogs?
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
What am I doing wrong? My dog loves peanut butter in any other scenario but seems disinterested.
adela c.
adela c.
San Bernardino, CA
I want to know if dogs really like them and how long they last.