Edna F.
Waynesville, NC

How well do you guys think this toy would work for a pitbull. my pup has literally chewed every toy ive gotten her to bits within a hour of giving it to her. does this work for dogs with crazy jaw strength?

Daniele C.
Daniele C.
Lewiston, ME
4 years, 1 month ago
My Rottie never destroyed his. But my sister-in-law's Brittany Spaniel/Golden Retriever mix has! So it's definitely not a breed-specific thing. You may be better with something that's harder to tear-- like either the super-jumbo size Kong or one of their other products like an indestructible ball that's harder to get a purchase on with the teeth...
Kay V.
Kay V.
Golden Valley, MN
4 years, 1 month ago
My pit can literally destroy most toys within minutes....I ended up getting the black version since it claims to be tougher. She has yet to destroy it....and she loves playing with it...when there is a treat inside....or she's in "I'm running laps" mode :)
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Huntingtown, MD
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My pit mix has broken through this, but not completely destroyed it. This is the only toy that she has yet to demolish and we've had it for months. She tends though to like things she can chew through though, so we usually give her rubber balls which last a week or so.
Sherry M.
Sherry M.
Ashland , WI
4 years, 1 month ago
This toy lasts! My dog who was just like yours, took a year and a half before finally being able to damage it.
Chrystal J.
Chrystal J.
Rocky River, OH
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a pitbull mix and my dog has yet to chew through this!
Julia D.
Julia D.
Laurel, MD
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a rottie/shepherd mix and he loves these, but he will eventually tear them up. Just go in knowing that.
Alyssa C.
Alyssa C.
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a pitbull/boxer mix and they are definitely chewers which makes it really difficult to find toys for her. I bought a Kong toy with a higher pound bite max and it had lasted her almost a year now and she never puts the thing down. They are definitely worth the money.
Heidi B.
Heidi B.
Rapid City, SD
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a Doberman mix who loves to chew through his toys like they are nothing. I got him one of these on a suggestion from a friend thinking he wouldn't be able to chew through it. Wrong! It lasted 2 days and was gong! I'm sure it's a great toy but for dogs with really strong jaws or chewing issues.......not so much.
Cristin C.
Cristin C.
Massillon, OH
4 years, 2 months ago
I have a Boxer and a Boxer/American Bulldog mix. Kong really seems to hold up for them and they do chew on them. My recommendations is to get the biggest, toughest Kong you can find and try it out. Just pay attention when she is using it for a while so you know if it will hold up or not.
Stef S.
Stef S.
Saint Paul, MN
4 years, 2 months ago
This toy is not meant for chewing, it is meant to be filled with treats, wet food, peanut butter, or things like that for the dog to eat out of it.