Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy

by KONG

#2 in Dog Toys

Color received may vary 15-35lbs / 5-15kg Durable Teething Formula Recommended by Vets Worldwide Promotes healthy chewing and soothes gums Stuff with treats, pastes or peanut butter Great with Kong Stuff N™ Your dog will love you for it.™ Kongs are widely used as therapy for prevention of boredom, separation anxiety and other behavioral issues. Put your Dog to Work: Providing food and/or treat stuffed Kongs for your dogs can keep them contently busy and out of trouble for long periods of time.  Note-adjust bowl feeding as necessary to maintain a healthy diet. As puppy grows, graduate to larger Puppy or Classic Kong.

How does this product hold up with dogs that like to chew and nibble all day??
Will this product last with 4 pittbulls ?
I just have a question on how to exactly clean it?
Start your review of Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Sometimes I freeze it with peanut butter in the middle for when we leave him in the crate when we go out and he goes crazy over it.” in 2,261 reviews
“He enjoys it without any treat inside, but I put peanut butter inside when we are traveling by plane and it keeps him entertained for the whole flight” in 425 reviews
“We put peanut butter inside (along with any medicine she might need, haha) and it keeps her occupied for a bit while she goes after the snack.” in 226 reviews
“My sister has a rottweiler, so she recommended a Kong toy where you can put treats inside.. it was the best thing I ever did!” in 187 reviews
“I have a very energetic lab puppy and when we put peanut butter or a treat inside she is busy and quite for a long time!” in 186 reviews
Columbia, SC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy uploaded by ℳargie C.
Purchased at: PetSmart
Kongs are to dogs what Candy Crush is to humans. No, seriously. You pull the Kong out and they get this crazed hyperfocused look on their faces and you know the fun is about to start! Stuff it with treats, peanut butter, cheeze whiz, or literally nothing at all - it doesn't matter, you're dog will go crazy for this toy, particularly if they're a chewer or chaser! They're great for fetch, and (shhh - don't tell my dog) I particularly like pulling ours out when I can see my Shuhtzu wants to play but I'm too busy with housework to throw the same ball over and over and over. The magic of the Kong is its irregular shape and its smooth texture. Often times, the combination of sheer excitement and copious amount of slobber cause the Kong to come flying out of your pups mouth, only to bounce every which way, sending Millie into a frenzy as she tries to pin it down and pick it back up. This means a MUCH more challenging game for her and more time for your dishes all while challenging your dog's natural chase instincts. A Kong bonanza is yet another great use of this toy. Need to crate Millie for the day? Simply stuff the Kong with some treats and peanut butter and FREEZE the night before!! This is an especially helpful trick if you're trying to create a positive association with something too
durham
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy uploaded by Sarah P.
Purchased at: Walmart
Oh this is wonderful because my dog has very strong teeth, I’ve been buying her toys for so long & they don’t last her a day my dog is a pit 2 years old & she love to chew on things & with this toy she’s been bitting it for two days & I haven’t seen not one teeth marks since I got it it’s hard for her but that’s good. Also one thing I think is good about this toy is you could put their dog treats in it !Fetchwear Dog Hoodie, Red Snowflake, (Large) Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy #puppylove #petlover
Orange Cove, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
It’s an amazing toy for smaller dogs, don’t get me wrong, but it has its issues. My dogs are tiny but one of them is an English bulldog who tends to swollen the entire toy when given to play with but the problem is not that he has his toys but he chooses this one. My other dog is a shitzu mix with chihuahua so she’s tiny and has a very small tongue. When given she cannot reach inside all of the toy and then it’s difficult to clean when you leave for her to play with overnight. If I didn’t have a bottle scrub then I’m sure I would never be able to clean out the spaces as good as I try.
Hickory, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My girl and I love Kong! She is a feisty one who loves to play so I'm always looking for the best toys out there and hands down this has been my favorite purchase for numerous reasons. Reason one: PRICE. These toys aren't too expensive and are almost indestructible. This leads to reason two: DURABILITY. My dog has played with this one toy for months and months and months and it's still in tact!!!! My third, and final, reason why I adore Kong's chew toy is simply because my dog loves it! She can't get enough of it! 100% satisfied with this product!
E Waterboro, ME
Purchased at: Walmart
I like it, but my dog loves it (provided it’s filled with treats). You can stuff it with Kong products or any other dog safe foods you choose. My dog loves his peanut butter (be sure there is no xylitol). Putting bananas or canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin only, no added ingredients) and freezing makes a great summer snack that requires some chewing effort. The only “CON” I could think of is cleaning it. I use a toothbrush then run it through the dishwasher. You always want to be sure you clean it thoroughly.
Minneapolis, MN
Purchased at: PETCO
This toy is a lifesaver with our English Bulldog puppy. We like to fill it with a mixture of peanut butter, banana and honey and freeze it for a semi healthy snack...plus it keeps him occupied when we are trying to get things done around the house! As with any toy, you should supervise them to ensure they don't choke. We also put a straw through the middle when we freeze it to ensure his tongue doesn't get stuck (it's apparently a thing)
Hermon
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy uploaded by Olivia S.
Purchased at: PETCO
Great toy for my little baby, he’s going to start teething here shortly and we figure we’d get him used to the Kong toy now and he loves it (especially with the secret peanut butter treat inside). I know these toys are great for future teething puppies and I can see why with it’s great durability and the way my puppy can get his mouth around the toy and inside. I definitely recommend this product to other dog owners!
I can for sure see what all the hype is about on this one. I personally used these for our puppies, it was a great way to entertain them. I would fill them with peanut butter. The peanut butter would dry at one point, and i wouldn’t be able to get it out. It got gross and i had to throw it away. Just make sure your dog is super food motivated before purchase!
Aiken
I work in the Veterinary field and can't stress enough to people about puppies and adult dogs learning to chew. Not only does it keep them out of trouble with their hoomans but it also teaches them to chew to help maintain clean teeth and breath. Highly recommend putting peanut butter in the middle and freezing it. It will keep your baby busy for hours!
Modesto, CA
Extremely durable. We don't have to worry about choking because it is very well made. A little tricky to clean peanut butter residue out of but luckily it is easily filled with a variety of treats and very little gets left behind. We use it as a reward for our pup to get into their crate in the evening. Great for teething & boredom busting.

608 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Wonder lake , IL
2 months ago
Kong Classic Rubber Dog Toy ? Anyone else have this problem? My dog is horrible with breaking toys but I tho the kong would be unbreakable but I guess not!!
April A. • 2 months ago
My baby is the same way so I got her the KONG Extreme and it’s actually holding up!! She takes it everywhere, even to the bed obviously 😂
Brooklyn
2 months ago
Sherri L. • 2 months ago
Sometimes I use peanut butter, but I've also used canned pumpkin and Greek yogurt and popped it in the freezer for a cool snack but this one can be messy when they're eating it.