Add a Photo

By KONG
#2 in Dog Toys

Color received may vary 15-35lbs / 5-15kg Durable Teething Formula Recommended by Vets Worldwide Promotes healthy chewing and soothes gums Stuff with treats, pastes or peanut butter Great with Kong Stuff N™ Your dog will love you for it.™ Kongs are widely used as therapy for prevention of boredom, separation anxiety and other behavioral issues. Put your Dog to Work: Providing food and/or treat stuffed Kongs for your dogs can keep them contently busy and out of trouble for long periods of time.  Note-adjust bowl feeding as necessary to maintain a healthy diet. As puppy grows, graduate to larger Puppy or Classic Kong.

Photos (148)
Carla H.
Carla H.

The KONG is a definite MUST-HAVE toy for any dog! It's amazing. I have a 60lb American Bulldog with bad anxiety. He can't be left out when no one is home, but he self harms in a crate! He will literally bash his face against it and cut himself open. I heard about Kong from our dog group and decided to give it a try. We fill it up with anything, but his favorites are carrots, peanut butter, and dentastix. It keeps him busy for about 20 minutes, which like the advertisement says - is just enough time to calm his separation anxiety. We tested it out with a video camera, and it helped keep him occupied and stimulated. He fell asleep right after. If we want it to last longer, we just stick it in the freezer. We have bought 3 Kongs now so that we can keep them in rotation.It has two holes so there's no risk of creating a suction.It is also easy to clean. We just stick it in the dishwasher.This isn't JUST for dogs with anxiety though. It keeps ALL dogs mentally active and is a fun little puzzle for them to get treats. Ours like to play fetch with it, as it is bouncy like a ball too.
Zharea M.
Zharea M.
Arlington, GA

First, my dogs have always loved KONG products. They are well made and last a long time (one original KONG we have is now being enjoyed by our third generation dog. The problem I have is with their new sizing. You would think that the sizing would loosely match the size of the dog. Large dogs would get a large KONG, right? Wrong.I purchased a large, and what I got was correctly labeled large, but it seems that KONG has gone the route of candy bar makers and reduced their actual sizes. This "large" is barely big enough for our 5-month old puppy. It's too small for our adult lab, and less than 1/2 the size of the original KONG we bought years ago. Labeling this product as "large" is deceiving. It's more like a small or medium. I can't imagine the size of the dog that would be right for an X-small - probably the size of a mouse!Bottom line, get a KONG for your dog, but don't rely on their sizing. Check the dimensions and order accordingly.
Joy B.
Joy B.
Coxsackie, NY

If there was a way to give this a negative five, I would. I put some treats inside of this toy and my golden loved it....I left her alone for 30 minuets and I came back to find that the "undestroyable" toy was infact destroyed. I picked up all of the pieces, or so I thought, and throw them away. A couple day later I rushed my six MONTH old puppy into the vet to find out there was a piece stuck in her small intestine. A day and 2000 dollars later she made it through surgery, but she died in recovery, because their was another the doctors couldn't get out. Keep in mind I was gone, but my 13 year old daughter was playing with her(the puppy) and took the toy away, thinking nothing, but still telling me about it. I called the company after about a week of pain from losing her, and they did pay the bill, but only after I fought with them. I have gotten other Kong toys, but I will NEVER get this one again.
Courtney K.
Courtney K.
Syracuse, UT

I love these Kong toys. I have them in a variety of sizes and colors for my dogs. My dogs vary in terms of how aggressive they chew. I have some lightweights, medium, and a heavy chewer. Not one of them has been able to destroy these particular kong toys. I like to fill them with peanut butter as it is easier for my dogs to access the treat. I do not recommend the specific kong treats for these toys because they are oddly shaped and at least my dogs have really struggled to get the treats out of the kongs. My dogs will also chew on these toys without any treat involved. They are tough toys. They clean easily as well. I just stick them in the dishwasher, I like to place them on one of the pointy stands as it helps to keep them in place and prevents them from filling with water.
Aimee L.
Aimee L.
Columbus, IN

I have a large breed dog. A pitbull matter of fact. The biggest sweetest loveable one on the planet. When he was a puppy we got him a number of different toys. He would chew them up very quickly even thick rubber. We invested in a Kong for him. We got him a Kong, and it did eventually get chewed up. This toy lasted much longer than any other toy he had before. By the time he was 1 year old we got him another Kong toy but this time we got the Kong extreme which is a black toy. He is now 11 years old and we have only had to buy 2 Kong toys in ten years and he absolutely loves it and it's the only toy that he would ever play with. So I absolutely recommend this to anyone who has a dog that loves to chew because he has never chewed up one item in my home he just loves his Kong.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Johnston, RI

My dog loves to destroy toys in a mere matter of minutes. All of the toys that claim to be "indestructible" are toast in under an hour. For a 50 lb Belgian Malinois and Lab mix the large Kong is perfect, and has yet to be destroyed in over a year and counting (knock wood!). Sometimes my dog will need to be home alone for a couple hours and if not entertained, she will chew things around the room. I hate crating her, so filling up her Kong gives me the freedom to leave her out of the crate and keep her busy. Pro: stands up to tough chewers, no awful rubber smell like most cheaper versions, can use with any treats (although Kong makes some great compatibles)Cons:I can't possibly think of any! I highly recommend this as a great way to keep a destructive dog happy and safe.
Karis Q.
Karis Q.
San Jose, CA

My boyfriend went crazy at Christmas time making sure he got the most perfect gifts for everyone including our puppy Kali. He is a researching online shopper! He checks reviews and ratings before ever buying anything! While he was searching for gifts for Kali he ran into this. He said they had the best rating and the reviews were amazing so of course they were sold out but magically on a fishing trip he found one of these bad boys out by the water. Kali immediately fell in love with it. It feels like good quality its got a really nice weight to it but not too heavy seeing as how Kali is only about 20-25lbs give or take a lb or 2. It's great and she loves it. Definitely not a toy she's going to be able to rip apart the first time playing with it
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Austin, TX

Lots of issues from the very beginning. After purchasing a kong toy for our newly adopted puppy, we were excited to see how she took to it. She LOVED it. So now you are wondering why I'm giving it one star? Well, it took all of one bite for it to crumble into tiny pieces. We took the product back to the large retailer where we purchased it and they said we should contact Kong on our own. I contacted customer service and explained to them that the product seemed to crumble like it was rotten. The response was basically a too bad and an attempt to not only have us purchase another on our own but to put the blame on our dog for needing the black higher intensity one. I will NEVER purchase another and I will NEVER support this brand again.
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Spicewood, TX

The Kong is Hands down my go to toy, I can give her one and it will preoccupy my extremely hyper, all over the place, no patience having, 1 year old Boston for an hour or 2!!
I make my own "Kong stuffing" in a big batch so I always have some ready. I take a few scoops of her dog food and small training treats and mix it with Natural peanut Butter. When filling the Kong I put it upside in a double shot glass so I don't have to hold the Kong with one and fill with the other. I plug the small hole with a treat that fits perfectly then I add my Kong stuffing, making sure to pack it, once it's filled to the rim I add a dollop of peanut butter that covers the opening. Then I put the Kong in the freezer.
heather j.
heather j.
Gleason, TN

THIS PRODUCT SAVED ME SO MUCH MONEY!I have a pug and you may not think that they would tear up many things but let me tell you ...before i found the KONG I have bought hundreds of similar toys and he tears them up within an hour or two, the design of being able to put treats inside of this must make him not want to tear it up, when i leave for the day i fill it up with peanut butter and he doesn't even notice when i leave, the first day i got back i couldn't believe that he didn't tear it up! I filled it up again the next day and same thing! Poe has had his KONG for a month now and its still all in one piece! SO THANK YOU KONG you have saved me so much money on buying toys for my precious pug!
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Kansas City, MO

What is your favorite thing to put inside the Kong for your dog?
Colleen C.
Colleen C.
Madison, WI

What's the best way to clean/disinfect the Kong? My dogs gets pretty dirty!
elizabeth b.
elizabeth b.
Knoxville, TN

Does anyone have ay suggestion on what to put in the KONG dog toy
Michele B.
Michele B.
Naples, ME

What kind of dog do you have that uses the Kong Dog toy?
Claira S.
Claira S.
South Orange, NJ

What is your dogs fav toy??