KONG Classic Dog Toy

by KONG

#1 in Dog Toys

KONG Classic Dog Toy

Is this one worth the hype? I hear from everyone that this is the best? (I have a bully)
Will this hold up to a chewy pit bull? KONG Classic Medium Dog Toy ?
Does this comes in different sizes? I have a 5 pound #chihuahua and most normal #dogtoys are just too big and/or too heavy for her.
Start your review of KONG Classic Dog Toy!
Product Highlights
Sometimes I freeze it with peanut butter in the middle for when we leave him in the crate when we go out and he goes crazy over it.in reviews
He enjoys it without any treat inside, but I put peanut butter inside when we are traveling by plane and it keeps him entertained for the whole flightin reviews
We put peanut butter inside (along with any medicine she might need, haha) and it keeps her occupied for a bit while she goes after the snack.in reviews
My sister has a rottweiler, so she recommended a Kong toy where you can put treats inside.. it was the best thing I ever did!in reviews
I have a very energetic lab puppy and when we put peanut butter or a treat inside she is busy and quite for a long time!in reviews
Cheyenne D.
Utica, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I put a little pumpkin puree in the middle of this and freeze it. When my pup is getting crazy, I take this out and he's distracted for a good while.
Andrea M.
Edinburg, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Andrea M.
The KONG Classic Dog Toy is pretty cool. I put peanut butter flavoring that I get from the pet store in it and it keeps my dog happy for hours!! I wish I had invented this toy. It's the only toy my dog will play with so I'm very satisfied I found this one.
Miranda M.
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Miranda M.
I bought this when I first brought my German shepherd puppy home and fill it with peanut butter and freeze it and she loves it! Helps with her teething puppy teeth and keeps her busy!
Shannon H.
Bay City, TX
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Shannon H.
Purchased at: PETCO
My husband is K9 for the local Sheriff’s department and his two dogs love these! From the time they leave the kennel and get in the truck, they have a kong with them! They are virtually indestructible! #kong#k9life
Megan W.
Murfreesboro, Tn
The Kong is one of the only toys I would feel safe leaving any dog with. No dog toy is indestructible, but the Kong is the closest you can get. It is made of a durable, thick red rubber. They make sizes from xs to xxl. Sizes overlap, for example, the medium is for dogs 15-35 lbs and the large is 30-65 lbs. If your dog is in between sizes, I would go with the larger size. Kongs come in many durabilities: puppy, regular, extreme and senior. If you have a puppy that is under 6 months then choose the puppy as it is softer and you won't run the risk of chipping puppy's tooth. You can fill the Kong with peanut butter, yogurt, cheese, bananas, blueberries, apples sans seeds, dog food, etc. Kong even provides lots of "recipes" on their website for filling the Kong. They even have one that is like a five layer dip for dogs. You can even freeze the Kong and it will make the filling last longer and for those teething puppies it eases the pain by numbing the gums. Personally, I only give my dog her Kong when I leave and put her in her crate. I pull the Kong out of the freezer and she runs to her crate. She loves it! The Kong is great if you have a dog with separation anxiety. My dog had mild separation anxiety when I got her. Before I got the Kong, I could here her from the driveway crying because I had left and we have a two story home. After the Kong, I didn't hear a peep. Dogs with separation anxiety can benefit from having a toy that they only get when their owner leaves. It's like a symbol for them. For my dog it means, "Ok, mom is leaving but she's coming back and I know this because I have my Kong." The Kong can also help with those destructive dogs. Most destructive behaviors happen within the first 30 minutes of the owner leaving because they are so focused on their owner leaving and they get themselves worked up. If you give your dog a frozen Kong full of peanut butter then their mind is busy with the Kong and not busy ruining the furniture. I definitely say that everyone needs to have a Kong in their arsenal of toys. As their slogan says, "Your dog will love you for it."
Brenda Q.
Ontario, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Brenda Q.
Purchased at: Target
My puppy began teething so I purchased this toy for him and he loves it. He is always playing with it he finds it very soothing and comforting I’m glad I purchased this for him and I’d definitely purchase this item again.
Mikhala K.
Aurora, CO
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Mikhala K.
Purchased at: Amazon
My doggie loves this toy! Sometimes I stuff this with peanut butter and she’s obsessed! She’s chewed it a lot and had no damage to the toy. My dog is small so she has a smaller size but they have different ones for every dog!!
Megan H.
Neenah, WI
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Megan H.
Purchased at: PetSmart
My lab-pit mix has loved this since the first day we brought him home. It keeps him busy for long stretches of time which is always a plus! #furryfriends
Susan S.
Gary, MN
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Susan S.
Purchased at: Walmart
KONG Classic Dog Toy after an entire day of playing-these 2 are completely played out. They spent hours running around with their Kong Toys in their mouths. One would drop theirs and the race was on to see who could get it, and still have the one they had! 😂. Very durable, still looks new after days of tossing it around.
Misty B.
Baytown, TX
KONG Classic Dog Toy uploaded by Misty B.
Purchased at: PetSmart
Gracie loves her KONG Classic Dog Toy! It’s easy to fill and keeps her entertained for a long time! I love that it does not make a mess. For an extra treat, we will put the Kong in the freezer for a few hours. #furryfriends

667 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lynsay H.
Baltimore, MD
il y a 4 mois
Jackie B. il y a 2 mois
Yes! I have a 90 pound American bulldog , and a 140 pound German Shepard....This is the only toy that I have found that they can’t destroy!
shubie D.
il y a 8 mois
KONG Classic Dog Toy ? Are these good for pitbulls? Mine literally will tear anything toy related.
Kary S. il y a 7 mois
I would think it can withstand a pit bull. Chewing up a Kong would be like chewing up a double-thick car tire!