BY KOH GEN DO

5.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

A water-based illuminator that highlights and brightens the face for a fine natural finish. This illuminator can be applied after foundation to diffuse fine lines, blend uneven skin surfaces, and brighten the complexion. It can also be used to contour and illuminate for radiant, sculpted skin. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product contains no artificial colors, fragrance, or petroleum-based mineral oil, and is cruelty free. see more...

Review (1)
Buy on Sephora
Amy P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I Googled Koh Gen Do and found a bunch of their products, and the Aqua Foundation Illuminator caught my eye.  The idea is that you mix this in with your foundation to give your skin a kind of “glow,” much like might see on any red carpet starlet who is described as “dewy.” The Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator comes in three colors: white, beige, and soft pink.  Initially, I went into the store intending to purchase the white, but after chatting with the salesgirl I decided to go with beige. She pointed out that the Illuminator can be used with or without foundation, and being half Italian I figured slathering white shimmer on my face might look a little unnatural. The texture of the Illuminator is light and slippery, pretty much as you’d expect.  I use the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator in two ways.  First, I mix it in with my foundation and a little bit of moisturizer for a fuller coverage effect.  It adds a nice glow to my face and the combo feels like BB cream. Second, I’ll put the Illuminator straight onto my face after applying concealer under my eyes.  I do this if I want a lighter look (like I’m not wearing foundation).
My preference is the second application.  I have gotten some really nice compliments about my skin while wearing the Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator, which is nice because I don’t have great skin.  I still break out all the time, as though I’m stuck in some sort of puberty limbo, and wrinkles are now joining the party.  So I take any praise I can get.   I love this stuff.  The price is slightly prohibitive; however, I have had my bottle for a while and I still have a lot left.  Granted, I don’t put on makeup every day, but I still think you can stretch a good few months from one bottle. Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation Illuminator IL02
Mel A.
Greenfield , WI
Ooh, highlight obsessive over here! This one looks a bit pricey- is it worth the extra cash?