BY KOH GEN DO

Created to mimic the optical reflectance of a post facial treatment, the new technically advanced Aqua Foundation series finishes the skin to look brighter and healthier for an ideal natural finish. With radiance in mind, the Aqua Foundation is infused with a RGB powder that enhances the natural tone of the complexion for a brighter and poreless skin texture. A Key to Giving the Impression of a Perfect Complexion Finish without powder for a Natural Glowing post-facial impression Finish with powder for a professional Porcelain impression Made with minerals from the deep waters of Bretagne see more...

• How does this foundation go in combo skin? What sort of finish do...1 Answers
  • I really want to try this four ration based on rave reviews. Does...2 Answers
  • Tenho muitas espinhas, e elas me causam muito tra... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora
Sonora T.
Satellite Beach, FL
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation:

I purchased the sample set from The Koh Gen Do website to get a proper color match before purchasing the full size product, which is a wonderful option as I can't stand trying to get a proper color match when shopping online, the samples are around $4 and include 2 samples of all 4 of their light foundation colors. I settled on the color 213 which is a Light foundation color with yellow/olive undertones that helped to balance out the red tones on my face. The foundation is medium coverage and easily build able without ever looking cake-y or heavy. It also blends seamlessly, due to it's consistency which is not very thick. The finish is a satin slightly dewy finish which I personally prefer. It really looks like skin and when I wear it I get compliments about how fresh faced I look and how great my skin is. The packaging is simple and has a pump, which I prefer. It wears really well on my skin, which is normal/dry with the occasional break out. The foundation doesn't break up in a splotchy manner and is pretty undetectable. I have tried different application methods and all of them are beautiful. I prefer not using a primer or setting with powder except on my occasionally on my T-Zone. The product hasn't broken me out or caused any skin concerns. I am super picky about foundations and rarely use a whole bottle of one or reorder. I am hoping this will finally be my holy grail foundation but only time will tell. :)

Side Note: I live in Florida, hot and humid and still really enjoy this foundation.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
OMGI love love love everything about this foundation! Super easy to apply to the skin. It has the most beautiful dewy finish. Only con is the amount of shades offered. I HIGHLY recommend to everyone that is available to find a shade match. Even if you have foundation mixers and can't find a perfect shade match, I think it's well worth it to buy one to add pigment to so you can make it match... that's how good I think it is. Packaging is very classy, glass bottle, and a good pump. I wear the shade 213 and it's a perfect match. So happy I bought it despite the price because I get so much use out of it that the higher price tag was well worth it. I love it so much that I will always repurchase it without worrying about the price, it just looks so beautiful on the skin. I couldn't ask for anything more in a foundation. Definitely think if you were on the fence about buying it, you should take the leap and do it. I also know someone with oily skin who is able to use a more matifying primer or just set it with some translucent powder to make it work. You may need to blot or reapply powder at a point during the day, but she still continues to use it which leads me to believe it's worth it to her as well. I have dry skin and recommend it highly for dry/normal skin but if you're oily/combo and not sure about it, pick up a sample from Sephora, test it out and make your decision based off your own personal experience. If testing it on your skin type I recommending using products you know you already love with it. (Primer, powder, Bronzer, etc.) That way you give it a fair shot and aren't testing other new products with it. That way if there's something you don't like about your makeup that day, you'll be able to tell which product it is rather than thinking it's something when it may be another product you had just tried out. I have nothing bad to say about it and literally am head over heels in love with this foundation. Thank you Koh Gen Do!!!
Summer C.
Suffolk, VA
This is my winter holy grail foundation! I have very dry skin, this foundation is so hydrating that it doesnt feel like anything on my skin. I use brush to apply this so i can get a fuller coverage. I can layer this multiple times, and it doesnt get cakey at all. It gives such a luminous and natural finish, that it doesnt even look like you have anything on. However, the only reason why this is only my winter holy grail is because their shade range. I use the darkest shade they have available, which is a perfect match for my winter skintone, but way too light for summer. I have medium skin with yellow undertone.
Vicky Q.
Brooklyn, NY
If you are into the natural look, you would definitely love this foundation. I have combination skin, more towards the oily side. Don't really have much texture except for enlarged pores.

This foundation can easily last you a good 12 hours even in 95 degrees humid weather in NYC. You would look a bit shiny but nothing a little powder or blotting can't solve. It doesn't really accentuate my pores. Sheer to medium coverage. Blends easily. Not blotchy. (It claims as a sheer luminous finish that diffuses appearance of pores and imperfections.)

It is on the pricier side but honestly, in my opinion, splurge on one amazing foundation and you're set. Would recommend.
Laura L.
New York
Review for: 123, 213
This is my go to daily foundation! It's completely light coverage, maybe a little medium but I mostly use it to even out my complexion, not necessarily cover any spots. I would definitely consider this my idea of a tinted moisturizer, but it doesn't make your skin as shiny as tinted moisturizer

The shade range is limited, so I bought two shades and mix them when my skin is medium, use the darker when my skin is tan, and lighter when my skin is lighter.

The bottle is really nice as well and high quality. I think the finish this foundation gives is so natural and it honestly never looks heavy.
Shannon J.
APO, AE
I have never in my adult life loved a foundation like this one. I have been on the hunt for my HG for as long as I can remember. It makes your skin glow like an angel and it is absolutely perfect. Although the coverage is sheer it is buildable without looking cakey. I purchased the shade 012 (the lightest shade for my pale self) I feared that it would be too light for me after watching videos about it but it matched me perfectly! I have never purchased the same foundation twice but this is my go to as soon as it runs out
Petra S.
My all time favorite foundation!!! Every time I wear this I receive compliments on how good my skin looks. It isn't cakey or heavy. The only downside I would say is that the shade range is limited. I purchase this at Sephora but I use the Koh Gen Do website to find my ideal shade.
Natasha V.
Greensboro , GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could give this a thousand stars I would!! I have dry, sensitive and acne prone skin and I feel like I've tried hundreds of foundations! Seriously Koh Gen Do is a holy grail for foundation lovers! It looks like your skin just better! I won't let myself run out of this or the moisture foundation! I highly recommend!
Ericka T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
My guilty pleasure I love this foundation I have compilation skin and it works wonders for me, I have sensitive skin and I am pro acne on some areas. I love that is does not feel heavy on my skin it doesn't not cling to dry patches. It can be a bit price retaking for 62 but it is well worth the price.
Nicole O.
Canyon Country, CA
The only reason I did't give this 5 stars was because of the color range. I think there was only 6 shades and I order 213, i'm pretty fair with neutral undertones and it matched me okay. It wasn't a perfect match though. It blends very well and feels hydrating on. I also didn't like that sephora doesn't carry it in stores so you kind have to guess on a color match, I ordered 2 other colors and had to return it until I found the one that matched the most.
Rafaela T.
I've seen so many you tubers rave about this foundation and its quality, but I've been on the fence because I believe this is a very high priced foundation. For those of you who have used it: was it worth it to you? Would you say that it's the best of the best?
Angeles P.
Chowchilla, CA
Would you recommend this foundation to someone with combination skin?
Madison V.
I really want to try this four ration based on rave reviews. Does anyone with Very dry skin have a first hand experience that they'd be able to share?
Sydney T.
Is this foundation good for dry skin that gets a little oily throughout the day? How do I order my correct color? Is it really worth it.
Cindy H.
What shade do you recommend for my skin tone, which is fair to light with yellow undertone?