Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

by Koh Gen Do

A high-definition, long-wearing mineral foundation. Formulated with minerals from the deep waters of Bretagne and botanical emollients and extracts, this skin-conditioning foundation smoothes and covers imperfections while feeling weightless and comfortable. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is cruelty free and does not contain artificial colors, fragrance, or mineral oil.

Hello Influencer Readers, My name is Lia and I'm from Michigan. My question for today is about the Brand Koh Gen Do, It's a Korean makeup brand and they also dabble into a little bit of skincare. One of my favorite beauty bloggers Madison Rae was doing one of her PR haul videos and she happened to receive a package from this Brand. The Brand launched some Holiday Sets with makeup brushes and some of their makeup products they sell on their website. Adorable Holiday Kits, by the way. This is actually the first time I've actually seen this Brand launch Holiday Kits before unless I have been living under a rock but Madison had mention how well she enjoyed wearing the Aqua Foundation. Has anyone else gotten a chance to try out this foundation? Is it good for more mature skin like in the 30s?
Have you noticed any difference in the new bottle’s formula?
For my Pro colleagues How good is this for bridal makeup or you guys just rather use it for editorials?
Start your review of Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation!
Clarissa G.
Uvalde, TX
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation uploaded by Clarissa G.
Wow I was kind of hoping to not like this foundation due to the higher price but it's completely worth it in my opinion. My skin type: combo skin, light to medium skin color with neutral undertones and moderate acne and acne scars but this foundation still worked for me, if you're in the market for a natural looking foundation I suggest this one it is as close to looking like skin as you can get and it doesn't feel like you have anything on, as for the scars and blemishes I like the way it blurs them out if but if you want extra coverage that's what concealer is for and while I finally found a shade that matches me (shade 123) it is always hard for me to find a match, foundations are always too pink, orange, or yellow on me not this one but I would have say the shade range is a downfall for most they need more of a selection because I think everyone should be able to enjoy this amazing foundation. Overall if you're thinking about getting this do it you will not regret it .
Summer C.
Suffolk, VA
This is my winter holy grail foundation! I have very dry skin, this foundation is so hydrating that it doesnt feel like anything on my skin. I use brush to apply this so i can get a fuller coverage. I can layer this multiple times, and it doesnt get cakey at all. It gives such a luminous and natural finish, that it doesnt even look like you have anything on. However, the only reason why this is only my winter holy grail is because their shade range. I use the darkest shade they have available, which is a perfect match for my winter skintone, but way too light for summer. I have medium skin with yellow undertone.
djuja S.
Barberton, OH
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation uploaded by djuja S.
Purchased at: Macy's
Review for: 012
This is the best natural looking foundation I have ever tried. I think it would be beautiful on all skin types it just looks like perfect skin. Gets better as the day goes on. My skin has never looked better!! Amazing.
Sonora T.
Key West, FL
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation: I purchased the sample set from The Koh Gen Do website to get a proper color match before purchasing the full size product, which is a wonderful option as I can't stand trying to get a proper color match when shopping online, the samples are around $4 and include 2 samples of all 4 of their light foundation colors. I settled on the color 213 which is a Light foundation color with yellow/olive undertones that helped to balance out the red tones on my face. The foundation is medium coverage and easily build able without ever looking cake-y or heavy. It also blends seamlessly, due to it's consistency which is not very thick. The finish is a satin slightly dewy finish which I personally prefer. It really looks like skin and when I wear it I get compliments about how fresh faced I look and how great my skin is. The packaging is simple and has a pump, which I prefer. It wears really well on my skin, which is normal/dry with the occasional break out. The foundation doesn't break up in a splotchy manner and is pretty undetectable. I have tried different application methods and all of them are beautiful. I prefer not using a primer or setting with powder except on my occasionally on my T-Zone. The product hasn't broken me out or caused any skin concerns. I am super picky about foundations and rarely use a whole bottle of one or reorder. I am hoping this will finally be my holy grail foundation but only time will tell. :) Side Note: I live in Florida, hot and humid and still really enjoy this foundation.
Anastasiia L.
Davis, CA
Review for: 123
One of my favorite foundations. It has skincare ingredients. It’s not much coverage but it looks like skin and doesn’t make dry patches look bad. Also doesn’t crease and looks good on wrinkles. It’s expensive but my skin breaks out easily and this foundation feels good on my skin. Colors are kinda confusing and hard to choose from but you can order a sample from their website and they give you credit towards buying a foundation.
Stephanie W.
Orchard Hill , GA
Purchased at: Sephora
I really like how my face looks when I use this foundation. I have to apply 2 coats of it to get full coverage. It’s not a cheap foundation but I like that it’s Korean Makeup and have enjoyed it since I got it. I have gotten a lot of compliments when I wear it.
zahily R.
West Palm Bch, FL
Review for: 213
This is one of the best foundations I've ever used. The coverage is light to medium but long-lasting, it looks like your skin but better. It has a beautiful radiant finish. A little bit goes a long way.  If you have dry skin you definitely need this foundation in your life. The price of this foundation is definitively worth in my opinion.
Jenny K.
Hillsboro, OR
Review for: 123
I can't say enough great things about this foundation. It looks beautiful on the skin. I'm 45 years old and I must say makes me look 35. It does not cling to dry patches what so ever and gives the skin a glow and a youthful look. I love it and I will repurchase. Highly Recommend this! Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Arwen M.
Richland
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation uploaded by Arwen M.
Review for: 002, 012
I use this foundation daily. It's my top choice of foundation. It has a dewy finish with medium coverage. You can build up this foundation if it is not covering enough, which I like. It doesn't cause my skin any breakouts or irritation and has no nasty smell. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin. But it works just as good with other skin types as well.
Emily D.
Alexandria, VA
Purchased at: Sephora
This is the most natural liquid foundation. It’s not going to cover major skin issues as it’s super sheer, but it will help even out the skin tone and give the skin a gorgeous glow.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Michelle T.
Glendale, AZ
il y a 2 ans
Malinois M. il y a 2 ans
Hi Michelle, I have both the Luminous silk and KGD Aqua. They are both similar. Kgd is probably a touch more glowy and more slip, and a little more watery. Coverage wise, both are similar, light but buildable. Hope that helps.
zahily R.