KitchenAid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer

Choose from over 20 different colors of the KitchenAid® Artisan® Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer for the one that perfectly matches your kitchen design or personality. Easily make your favorite cakes and multiple batches of cookie dough with the 5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl with comfortable handle. With 10 speeds, the standmixer will quickly become your kitchen’s culinary center as you mix, knead and whip ingredients with ease. And for even more versatility, the power hub fits optional attachments from food grinders to pasta makers and more.

Has anyone purchased this or tried this? What’s your experience with it? Results? [user:tiad]
Is this mixer as good as it gets around?
What accessories does this mixer come with?
Start your review of KitchenAid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer!
Product Highlights
...in cooking/baking, but this really makes certain types of desserts SO much easier (I'm looking at you meringue).in 14 reviews
...great that you can buy additional pieces to make things like pasta and ice cream. in 10 reviews
I do enjoy using it and I don't know how I'd live without it but, I wish it were made in America and better made.in 10 reviews
The bread hook makes bread making a breeze, the whisk will make the fluffiest whipped creams frostings or mashed potatoes.in 9 reviews
I have one in blue that I got as a wedding gift 17 years ago and it is STILL the most used product in my kitchen!in 7 reviews
a month agoDiberville, MS
Purchased at: Bed Bath & Beyond
Everyone seems to say they buy one and never use it, but I just found I'm baking more things like homemade rolls, and pizza crust more often. My favorite cake to make is Red Velvet, this machine cuts the prep work down to 30 minutes, it use to take me a good 2 hours to make the cake and clean up all the utensils.This mixer makes for less cleaning, especially if you clean as you go. If possible, for cake I start with the frosting mix first, rinse out the mixer and while it chills reuse the bowl to make the batter. I'm excited to try out some attachments this year as well, so far though, I have used the wisp, dough hook, and standard mixing heads that come with the machine.
a month agoOrlando
KitchenAid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer uploaded by Ves C.
I received my Kitchenaid mixer as a gift. I had always wanted one. This is by far the best gift I have ever received. I bake a lot. The kitchenaid makes everything so much easier. I have had other mixers. However, none of the other mixers come remotely close to my Beautiful Kitchenaid mixer.
a month agoSeattle
Oh, I feel so lucky to have this massive piece of equipment gracing my counter. I use it to make bread. Lots of bread. And homemade pasta. Pastries. Cakes. Sauces. Fillings for pastas and dumplings. The lost goes on and on. My baking game has increased exponentially since buying this, and it's usefulness can't be overstated. I made bread and pasta by hand before buying this, but never again! The sticky hands and kneading forever... It's all gone. And it's been replaced with the him of a clunky motor and it's metal casing.
a month agoFairfield, CA
The diversity of this mixer is amazing!  There are so many attachments you could possibly become your own restaurant of many cultures.  I love my mixer because it helps me with my baking.  I recently made angel food cake and it couldn't of been done without this mixer.  The thought of making the whites just gives me tinnitus.
2 months agoBoynton Beach, FL
This was given to me as a gift and I didn’t know if I was going to use it as much as I do. It’s very quick to whip up cookings and now is a essential tool in my kitchen. I honestly can’t imagine how I cooked as well I did before.
24 days agoGolden, MS
This 5 quart kitchen aid stand mixer is huge the 5  quarts allows enough room  to use a whole lot of ingredients . I love to bake cakes, cookies, using my mixer kitchen aid is a fantastic products well worst every penny
9 months agoNew York, NY
Absolutely amazing stand mixer. I am astonished by its power. I only owned their KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer- Empire Red KHM9212 and I thought it was pretty, but when it came to mixing heavier ingredients, I needed something bigger. My arms were always sore after making bread, so I decided to finally buy a large stand mixer. It is perfect for making bread, meringues, buttercream frostings, macarons, etc. The possibilities are endless. This machine seems like a product take can last many, many years. Very heavy and well made.
2 years ago
I have been using a cheap mixer for 10+ years.   I would’ve never known what a good mixer was like (I thought they were all the same) I got this mixer for a Christmas gift though and oh my goodness- I am amazed!     I like to bake but this mixer is more than that!   I made mashed potatoes yesterday and it mixes them so much better.   My husband thought I had made them differently!     When you bake, it creates such a better texture.     I am amazed and saddened that I didn’t get this sooner.     I highly recommend this!
10 months agoKings Mountain
I love mine!!!!!!! Perfect for baking . I bake every day and it makes it easy and quick. The best money I have ever spent. I would not trade it for anything. You will never want to go back to the hand mixer.
6 months agoAtlanta, GA
This thing makes my life so much more simple! I love the versatility of this machine and it really does not take up too much room in my tiny kitchen! We have a few different attachments and I can not wait to get more!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
6 months ago
Haley S. 6 months ago
This is the mixer I own. I love it but the newer versions have a rounder bowl which is nicer. This one is equally good but you will have to manually stir once in a while to make sure the very bottom contents get incorporated. It’s lasted me over 12 years, I’ve constantly used it, it’s still in great condition.