#1 in Stand Mixers

Choose from over 20 different colors of the KitchenAid® Artisan® Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer for the one that perfectly matches your kitchen design or personality. Easily make your favorite cakes and multiple batches of cookie dough with the 5-quart stainless steel mixing bowl with comfortable handle. With 10 speeds, the standmixer will quickly become your kitchen’s culinary center as you mix, knead and whip ingredients with ease. And for even more versatility, the power hub fits optional attachments from food grinders to pasta makers and more.

• Does anyone have the ice cream bowl for this? Do you hon...7 Answers
  • What is the best add on attachment to buy?8 Answers
  • Are these really worth the price?30 Answers
KitchenAid Artisan 5 qt. Stand Mixer
  • "For years we used the hand mixer, which still has a place in cooking/baking, but this really makes certain types of desserts SO much easier (I'm looking at you meringue)." in 14 reviews
  • "I do enjoy using it and I don't know how I'd live without it but, I wish it were made in America and better made." in 10 reviews
  • "Although they are pricey, they last forever, and its great that you can buy additional pieces to make things like pasta and ice cream. " in 10 reviews
  • "The bread hook makes bread making a breeze, the whisk will make the fluffiest whipped creams frostings or mashed potatoes." in 9 reviews
  • "I have one in blue that I got as a wedding gift 17 years ago and it is STILL the most used product in my kitchen!" in 7 reviews
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
This is a great mixer when you need to get a heavy duty baking job done, like homemade breads.  I like that it's a stand mixer and you can walk away if you need to for measuring other ingredients or whatever else. I also like that it comes with different attachments.

The only con I have is that I don't like to leave this on my countertop, and it's so HEAVY to have to bring out when I need it.  I use it now only when I have big baking jobs.  Otherwise, I just use my KitchenAid Hand Mixer.
Kayla L.
Newport, NC
My kitchenaid is like my Second child . I nearly use it everyday and I can’t say good enough things about it!! It makes cooking so much easier! Yes they are a little pricey but you get your money’s worth. My father in law has had his for over 10 years and it works just as great as day 1!
Dawna G.
Jemison
I have had this mixer for  about 12  years.  I love this mixer. It has been put to good use. Especially during the holidays.  I make homemade rolls and it takes a lot of strength to mix the dough. Would recommend this stand mixer for the baker in your life.  Love my Kitchen Aid!
Lindsey W.
When I first purchased this mixer I would stand in awe watching it whip up a cake mix.  It's so easy to use and so fast.  I don't think I've ever had it up to the highest level, midway is like super fast compared to my previous unit.  I lucked out and bought the unit at Kohl's when it was on sale then I had some Kohl's cash and Kitchenaid also gave a coupon.  Hope that it never dies on me but if it does then I'll have to get another and won't consider other brands.
Lauren D.
I have been using a cheap mixer for 10+ years.   I would’ve never known what a good mixer was like (I thought they were all the same) I got this mixer for a Christmas gift though and oh my goodness- I am amazed!     I like to bake but this mixer is more than that!   I made mashed potatoes yesterday and it mixes them so much better.   My husband thought I had made them differently!     When you bake, it creates such a better texture.     I am amazed and saddened that I didn’t get this sooner.     I highly recommend this!
Alex S.
CA
This is THE best stand mixer for amateur enthusiasts! I use it for everything from macarons to scones to brownies. It's very efficient, a great size, and even though I've been using mine for a few years, shows no sign of wear and tear. Really the best investment I've ever made.
Kristen G.
Carver, MN
I received a Kitchen Aid as a wedding gift and have been obsessed with it ever since! I love to bake and this just made baking even more fun. It is easy to use and creates a great texture (more so than a standard mixer). Love it!
Peggy A.
Maricopa, AZ
this mixer can do almost everything. I love to make fresh rolls but I hate kneading. It helps me to knead the dough evenly that all i do after it is done is let it rise, divide it then put it in the oven. My fresh rolls come out soft and taste great. It is pricey compared to other brands but its worth it
Wendy G.
Tolleson, AZ
I have this in onyx black and I love it I started with a smaller classic and upgraded to a 5qt artisan. This isn’t just for baking you can make so many different things
Anya L.
Saint Clair, PA
I have bought one of these units 12 years ago. It works well still. I want a second one because it doesn’t match my new kitchen. I wish they made skins or something to change it up a bit
Krista F.
Greenfield, IN
Are these really worth the price?
Jessica C.
Booneville, KY
Which color do you want?
Jennifer V.
I really want this but I don't want to spend so much on it if its not that great. Honestly, besides the color what do you love about this?
Chrissy P.
Indiana, PA
Can a novice cook use this product easily?
Madelyn M.
Is this worth the price? I have had my eye on these for awhile but can't pull the trigger. How often do you use yours?