Kitchenaid 5057696 Set Of 6 Steak Knives

These steak knives have a sharp point and a deep, fine edge blade that curves upwards towards the tip to provide a smooth cut through steak, roasts and chops. This stamped triple riveted handle with durable blades is made of high carbon stainless steel and is perfectly balanced and weighted for ease of use. These smooth nonserrated blades are easy to clean without leaving residue, even when used with sticky foods. The smooth plastic handles feature an ergonomic design that gives you a firm, confident grip for safety during meals and meal prep. This set includes six identical knives, so it's excellent for dinner parties. Includes: Six (6) knives Blade material: Stainless steel Blade length: 6 inches Handle material: Plastic Care instructions: Hand wash Imported

how big are these please ?
Start your review of Kitchenaid 5057696 Set Of 6 Steak Knives!
How would you rate this product?
Jai aussi c'est couteau il coupe bien mes jaime moins avec les creux qui a dans les couteaux car des fois quand tu coupe sa fait la formes , et quand tu veut que sa soit lisse ses pas top.
Charlotte, NC
Good blade. Well made. Blade is 4028 German stainless steel. That is the number that is stamped on the blade. I looked it up and found it as .4028 without the number 1 in the description. This is a medium hardness metal and is also used in surgical instruments. It is corrosion resistant and holds an edge well. This is a six inch blade, for some reason this size blade is hard to find in brick n mortar stores. Not expensive really, cheap by any standard but not cheaply made. I use a butcher type sharpening steel with my knives. It's all you really need to do by way of maintenance. Of course, I don't cut on my countertops, I use an inexpensive resin type (food grade plastic) butcher block for that. I don't need bragging rights to an expensive butcher block or a kitchen knife. Having said that, I take care of my blades. I can't speak to those super expensive blades but all I can say is that they too will eventually go dull at some point. Eventually I will need to purchase a sharpening stone but am not there yet. A sharpening steel will keep your blades nice and straight for a long time if you don't abuse your knives. Make no mistake, this knife is sharp! Good for medium to small kitchen tasks. I have several 8 inch blades and was looking for a smaller knife for light duty cutting tasks. I think you will be pleased with this blade. I am.
Lakewood
These knives are sharp and ready to go out of the box. They are dishwasher safe and best if you hand wash them. I think this product is really great because it holds up over time. I have had these knives in the past as well and they last 8 years before I saw any rust or discoloration. They haven't been sharpened in a while but the still cut steak, chicken and even bread! I use them as steak knives or just as a quick cutting knife, it really works for just about anything. After you sharpen them they really work well and now I will be using them as camping knives because they are so easy to care for and still so sharp!
Holland, MI
I am so happy with my KitchenAid steak knives. They are the best steak knives I have ever had, I couldn't get any better knives for a more expensive price! I waited until I used the knives and washed them several times in the dishwasher before I commented.I love the handling of these beautiful knives that would match just about any type of setting. The knife cuts easily through any type of meat very well without tearing the meat. My grandchildren have no problem holding them or using them to cut any type of meat we have, and we have meat most everyday and steak once a week.I have washed them several times in the dishwasher without incident. They do not rust, and I must admit I don't let them soak very long in water and I do take them out the next morning. I'm not the type of person to dry any residual water off of them before I put them away. I also love the design of the blade. The angle and spacing prevents food from getting trapped in the grooves of the blade like other steak knives I've had. That was one thing that was very important to me.Last but not least the slick design of the stainless steel blade going all the way through the brushed stainless steel handle without any screws is beautiful and just what I was looking for.I can't say there is anything that I don't like about these knives! I'm buying another set of six!
Bremen, AL
I loved them to start. After I used them for a long period of time they didn't do as well. They definitely need to be sharpened after a SHORT time of use. I believe it is priced a little high. I say that mainly for the fact of having to sharpen them within such a short period of time. With that being said I do recommend BUT maybe get a sharpener at the same time😊
Conway
Duller than expected, but I guess that's good if you are a clutz... or want to spend twice as long in the kitchen, trying to saw through a piece of steak. Expensive as most brand names are. Brb, going back to buy my knives from japan/online, at least then they come in fun colors if they decide to work like a children's plaything.
Rahway
. I had been looking at purchasing a new set of knives for quite some time. What I had were at least 10 years old the knives were mostly dull and I actually broke a few due to them rusting out at the handle. I came across these and so far I am happy that I bought this knife its very sturdy and a little heavy just the way I like it.
Pacifica, CA
These are perfect knives for steak. I like how sharp they are at first but they do need to be sharpened after some time. They are affordable and very nice. They are easy to clean and I recommend them for people who are really into the kitchen wear they have. It’s great for harder foods, makes it seem like cutting food is a dream!
Costa Mesa, CA
Kitchenaid products are a staple in my home. We use almost everyday whether we are cutting meat or even fruit! I would improve the products handle and sharpness but I am happy with how well it works. I would recommend this product because the knives are affordable and work well for the simple meals at home :)
Williamsburg , KY
I liked this brand. The knofes just dont last as long as they should and they tend to fall apart afterva few washes. They cut things well at the beginning then seem to dual out after a few uses. They are affordable and are good when your just getting started in the kitchen. Definitely reccomend for first timere
Ask a question to the Influenster community...