BY KISS #3 in Nail Art

Introducing Kiss® Nail Dress™, ultimate nail fashion for tips and toes! Just peel, apply, and shape for a manicure that lasts up to a week. On in minutes, off in seconds without remover. Nail Dress is available in several different styles, many of them featuring 3-dimensional jeweled designs. With 28 strips in each package, you can cut up your extras to create designs that can be used on top of polished or artificial nails. Add some pizzazz and use with imPRESS® Press-On Manicure™ by Broadway Nails for the ultimate DIY manicure. Nail Dress doesn’t dry out the way other polish strips can, so you can save them to use on your next mani. A nail design booklet is included in each package, just in case you need a little inspiration. And don’t forget about your feet! Nail Dress looks awesome on toes, too – just use the square side of the sticker for a perfect fit. Kiss Nail Dress’ suggested retail is $6.99 and is available in all major drug chains and mass retailers like WalMart, CVS and Walgreens. Visit. kissusa.com. to learn more. see more...

Kiss® Nail Dress
  • "I have used these a few days but being busy with my hands a lot they don't work for me and peel very easy, other then that they are really pretty just wish they worked for me " in 123 reviews
  • "I like the kiss nail dress I just wish they would last more then 10 days but it is a nice thing to have if you're in a hurry." in 122 reviews
  • "I got these a long time ago and I still have them, but the first time I used them, it was so easy and my nails looked gorgeous." in 118 reviews
  • "I put a top coat on and called it good, 2 days later I put another top coat on just for good measure, I do a lot of dishes and chores and my nails are still rocking the stars and nebula's of beauty!" in 111 reviews
  • "It was super easy to put on my nail and get them to fit the shape of my nail, however they only stuck on for a few hours." in 105 reviews
Anastasia S.
This was actually my second time ever trying KISS nail strips. My first experience was also very recent when I received a tiny sample insert in my Seventeen magazine. The sample pack came with four assorted nail dress patterns, but I only tried it on one finger and it lasted a few days. This time I applied them to all ten fingers and I was even considering sticking them to my toes, but since it's winter I didn't want to waste them, because it's clearly not the season for sandals and open-toes here in Michigan.
The first thing I noticed after opening the package is the awful smell of paint or glue, I'm not too sure what to name it but it was strong and chemical. This smell disappeared shortly after I took the strips out of the box, so it was probably just the leftover stench from the factory where they were produced. Either way, aside from this one thing the rest of my experience was very positive.
I carefully read the directions on the package and matched the strips to my nails, then bent them and filed off the excess. The shade I got, or should I say "pattern", was very cool and totally festive. I wore them to a family dinner and received many compliments, even from my uncle-in-law who normally doesn't like nail polish at all. Nobody could tell this isn't real polish, and although I was really tempted to claim the credit I had to explain the concept behind nail strips. Most people seemed genuinely interested, especially my aunts and my mother-in-law. They were intrigued by the idea of wearing cool nail designs that would last them 10 days. And really it's impossible to tell these are fake unless you have them right in front of your face.
Unfortunately my nails didn't last 10 days because I had to take them off. I goofed and used too many oil products which ended up getting into the micro creases and that somehow ruined the glue so the nails started to detach and look unnatural. My advice to anyone reading this, DON'T use oil while you're wearing nail strips. By that I mean actual oil, not products that contain some small oil percentage like lotions or hand creams. Since it's winter I use a shower oil in the shower, jasmine body oil afterwards and then argan oil for the hair. So yep, that was clearly too much oil for those poor strips and that was totally my own fault.

The verdict: Aside from the awful chemical stench, these strips are a fun way to accessorize your look. Each pattern is gorgeous, they all look very unique and make you stand out.
Malerie M.
Kent, WA
I think these easy press ons are so fun and easy! I’m a mom on the go and never have time to get my nails done or do my own so these are convenient for a sporadic night out or just a need to change up the look! It’s been years since I’ve ever had to use these so it was fun to have a faux mani while getting the kids to sleep! Just don’t forget the prep step with the pad it comes with like me! Fortunately they had 3 sets of nail wear so I can keep it for the next use!
Cheli C.
Whittier, CA
The Product: For $6.99 you can get a set of 28 “Fashion Strips” from Kiss Nail Dress. The strips come in 18 different styles and each strip is interchangeable in order to fit your nail bed. Each set comes with strips that can fit both hands and feet and the set will include one [1] file to help remove excess product.

The Pros: Of all the nail strip products that I have tried (Sally’s, Incoco & Nail Dress) this one is the cheapest ( $$), sturdiest and easiest to work with. Let me elaborate; this strip is a bit thicker than its predecessors thus removing it from its plastic wrapper was much easier. I feel like I always have a hard time with the other brands. Furthermore, I didn’t tear a single strip during application which I have also done in the past. This thickness made it easier for me to work with and adjust as needed. I also liked that each set comes with “nails” that can be used for a pedi if desired.

The one thing that I absolutely loved about this product was that removal was so easy. We all know nail stickers can be a bit stubborn to remove, however when I was removing my stickers this morning I was able to flip and lift a little piece in the corner of each nail and then I was able to get the whole sticker to came right off in one quick and gentle tug! The glue left over in each nail was easily wiped off with a little rub.

The Cons: Remember that thickness I was talking about? Well, it also comes with a con… this same thickness that makes it easy to apply also makes it a bit tricky when it comes time to file off the excess and to shape/smooth properly where the nail curves at the fingertip. My mani doesn’t look as smooth and as jagged free in a few nails as I would like. Also, for me they didn’t last 10 days, it was more like 5.

Regarding this two cons though in all fairness I have come to realize and must admit I am not the best at applying nail strips overall and give up on the whole genre all together. Also I use my hands a lot, I am a house wife and I work with kids in my day job and wash my hands a lot when I freelance or work from home. The poor things just don’t stand a chance with em. Someone with a better hand coordination and less hand washing might have a better go!

The Bottom Line: Though nail strips are not for me this is a very good product that is about $3 and up $5 cheaper than 3 of its competitors. The company has great selection and I would recommend it if Nail Strips are your thing.
Martha H.
Upon opening the package, I noticed a very strong plastic smell. This smell faded in seconds but it was very harsh and unpleasant. (I'm guessing this was the adhesive.)

Applying the strips couldn't be easier; just select the strip that fits your nail, press on and fold over the end of the nail, then use the file to file off the excess. You can do each nail in a matter of seconds. Once the strips are on, you're done; there's no need to apply a topcoat. If you move quickly, you can literally have your mani done and be ready to walk out the door in less than five minutes.

The wear with these strips is impressive. I kill, and by kill I mean demolish, my manicures. These strips lasted through a solid four days of wear, including three nights at work, with no chipping and almost no tip wear. If you're not horribly hard on your nails (as I am), I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect these to last a full week without visible damage.

Honestly, though, I really didn't care for the design, which is why I took the strips off after only a few days. The 3D blingy black strips and gold fishnet design were just too much for me. I could see wearing these for a girls-only weekend in Vegas, but not for everyday activities.

However, design issues aside, things were still cool until I removed the strips. Kiss isn't lying when they say you can peel the stickers right off without using remover; mine came off just fine. They do leave some adhesive behind which is easily removed with polish remover. Afterward, however--my nails are TRASHED. They're dry, peeling, and splitting. I have two nails that tore off completely at the tips. I know my nails are not at their healthiest in the winter, but they're not in such bad shape that they should be tearing off and peeling like this. I guess the adhesive was very damaging to the nail beds. I've trimmed them all down to nubbins now and applied a thick layer of repairing base coat to try to strengthen them.
Amber B.
Raceland , LA
I have been eyeing these up but was very skeptical about paying $7.00 or more for 2 applications without knowing if they worked. Let's face it you can buy a bottle of nail polish for a couple of dollars and do your nails more than twice. I received Princess design in my Holiday 2012 voxbox which is like a leopard print and gems with a three dimensional feel to it. I tried the Kiss nail dress three different ways. The first time I applied the nail dress I was really impressed how easy it is to stick on but I found it very difficult file down the excess and instead used a nail clipper to cut the excess. They stuck very easily with a few bubble here and there but the 3D gems also made it difficult to file down all the way and left little jagged edges. They nail dress made it through making a ginger bread house, washing dishes, and a shower. The next day when I woke up the jagged edges were catching on everything they were also collecting dirt/debris so I removed them. They were very easy to remove but pulled a little of my nail's top layer off. The second way I tried is I painted my nails and cut a little of the nail dress to enhance my manicure which worked out very nicely. They stayed on and added some dress to my manicure without paying a lot of money and with very little effort. The last way was painting some of my nails and putting the nail dress on a few of my nails. This time I used a nail scissor to cut the excess which left a much cleaner cut but ultimately resulted in the same outcome as the first try. The full dress did not stay stuck and I pealed them off the same day. I think the KissNail dress is a great way to have a beautiful manicure for a night out on the town without spending the salon price. It is also fast and easy to apply plus you don’t have to wait for your nails to dry but for me they did not stay on 10 days actually they only stayed on one day.
Noeli G.
Nashville glengarry Heights G-14
Actually I do not understand why they take off from the nail. and tried two times and they always take off. they do not last me for a day. I think that if I want a nice design, just go put on nails. so it's easier.It feels uncomfortable just to have them stuck together. Knowing that they will fall
Heather S.
Basye
Feels so soft to have on I have  been buying these since I was little girl in the 90's and even till this day I buy these products. They are so easy to apply and so easy to take off and I love they look . It looks like you got your nails professionally done
Nina T.
Goodyear, AZ
I absolutely loved seeing this in the box. It seems like every VoxBox I've gotten now has given me the opportunity to explore new forms of making your nails pretty. These were adhesive "stickers" that you could put on your nails instead of polishing them! They were really easy to use too. All you had to do was match up the correct nail sticker to the size of your nail, similar to using press ons, and then there's a tab that you peel off to expose the sticky part, then you just line it up and press down evenly to stick it onto your real nail. I would recommend soaking your cuticles and pushing them down before you start. Once you have the sticker on, you just fold over the remaining part that's too long over your nail, and then take the file to file the rest of the adhesive off. Took me about 15 minutes top from start to end. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and it came out pretty nicely, even though I didn't match up some of the nails correctly (some came out too narrow). I thought the pattern that I got was pretty cool because it was 3D-ish, and it looked really fashionable. My boyfriend thought it looked busy, but he doesn't really like things that are asymmetrical (#Engineerforabf). Also, another thing, which could be a pro or a con is that since it uses the shape of your real nails, you have to be really good at shaping your own nails yourself. When I used the press-ons from the College VoxBox, all I had to do was take a nail clipper, and cut my nails short. With these adhesives, I was, unfortunately, going through a bad nail week where I had broken a couple so I had to cut them all short. Usually, my nails are a nice medium length and these probably would've looked nicer if I could have kept my nails unbroken that week, but it was New Year's Eve, and I really wanted to try these out. So it could be a pro if you have lovely length and shape on your nails, but if you have no idea how to shape it and have really short boy nails (like me in the pic below), then you're wasting the value. It's a little pricey for me, but I would say it was worth it since you can't really do that kind of design on your own using nail polish (unless you're some kind of nail guru). I would purchase again.
Jennifer W.
Madison, Wi
I’ve been dying to try these “press on nails for grown ups” for a while now.

I didn’t love the design I got from Influenster. It seems like it was a bit too much pattern going on. Sparkle, animal print, gold, silver, black, gems, just a bit too much for my taste. But I decided to take a chance and give them a try. And I was really surprised how much I liked them once they were on and I’m glad I tried this pattern.

I thought they were pretty easy to put on and forgiving if you made a mistake. You could peel off and re-apply if it was a little uneven. The hardest part was folding them over and filing. The nail file they sent was very rough, and after a few nails, I switched to my own and it was easier. It was hard to get them smoothd down at the tips, so I ended up with a few ridges. (My design really helped hide this, so it wasn’t visible!)

They felt weird for the first day. But not as weird as press on nails. The ridges smoothd out a bit and I didn’t feel like they would snag on things when I put my hands in my pockets, like they did the first day. I washed dishes, did laundry, washed my hair and I felt like the wore pretty well for nail strips. They did catch a bit in my hair the first night, so was your hair first before applying :)

They lasted about 5 days which was about perfect for me. My nails grow fast, so my nail beds were showing by then anyway. But the edges had started to fray up and the silver part of the pattern was starting to wear.
I read reviews about damage to the nails when they were removed, so I was cautious and went slow and I didn’t notice any damage at all. The Kiss Nail Dress strips were easy to apply, but even easier to remove than polish!

There are 28 strips in the package so when I applied them, I choose the less-patterned versions of the strips. There are plenty of strips left over and I’ve plans to use the remaining pieces of the strips as accents on polish.

Overall, I really liked them. They were easy to apply and they looked good. I got compliments and several people asked me what I was wearing.

Will I give up painting my nails? No, but I think they are great for a quick pick me up and a little bling. I love them so much that I’ve already purchased another set of them in the Peacock feather pattern that I can’t wait to wear!
Jena D.
So these were pretty exciting for me. I am a huge fan of the nail polish “sticker”/”strip” thing that has been happening. I’ve bought a few similar to these in different brands, but I had never heard of the Kiss Nails ones until this box.

The application is very easy for these so long as you’ve tried any sort of these nail strips before, it’s exactly the same. These are actually perhaps even the littlest bit easier because of the way these are packaged.

I know it definitely made finding same sizes really simple because they come organized by size unlike other brands I’ve used so they definitely gained points there.

Another perk of them, is that they don’t require you to remove them using polish remover (unlike other brands I’ve tried)

I had one gripe with the pattern I received. I thought I’d be able to do a full set in either one colour or the other, but since the sizes differ slightly the sizes that would fit my teeny fingers I could only manage enough of them to do my manicure set in alternating pink and orange. I’m not a fan of alternating nails, having an accent nail? Yes, the alternating? No. It makes me feel like my nails are a bit childish. I’m a fan of bright colours and I love the pattern itself so that fact that I couldn’t do a full matching set or a set with just one accent nail on each hand was a little off-putting, but I’m sure if I had received a set of all one pattern AND colour, I wouldn’t have had this problem. But I won’t count this colour issue against the product since I know it wouldn’t be an issue with most sets.

After two days, the edges started to peel up for me, but since the stickers have the consistency of vinyl, the parts that begin to peel up won’t chip off like normal polish or other strips that I’ve used and so they snag on things which I’m not a fan of.

The other issue I had with it is that it boasts that you don’t need nail polish remover to take off, you are upposed to just be able to peel them off. However, when I tried to peel them, they left behind residue and peeled the edges of my nail beds a little bit.

Definitely not my favorite nail strip, but it’s not the worst I’ve tried either. They lasted really well through figure drawing, animation and a film shoot other than the edges starting to snag
Ieesha H.
Lithia Spgs, GA
IS kiss nail dress worth the money?
Michelle M.
brooklyn, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I am scared to try them on, will they be hard to come off?
Heather M.
Has anyone else had an issue with the nails being "too small" to fit?
Lauren G.
Kansas City, MO
Do the press on decals actually fit the nail well? I've used the Sally Hansen nail strips before and find that they aren't THAT great of a match and sometimes bubble a little when putitng them on.
Taylor B.
tabernacle, NJ
Does any one else have trouble actually keeping these on their nails?