BY KINKY-CURLY

• Is this best to use for wash and go styles or twist/braid...1 Answers
  • Does this product feel heavy or light in the hair? Does i...3 Answers
  • Does this work on 4c Hair?2 Answers
Kinky-Curly Kinky Curly Curling Custard 16 oz by Kinky Curly BEAUTY
This has been one of my household favorites since about 2010 give or take . Nice curl definition and hold without the crunch of most gels that keep my hair in place but cause damage and shrinkage ! Very light weight and quite Literally a custard texture , I love that a little goes a long way ! I have also noticed that over the years more stores are carrying it because at one point I could only find it at 1 beauty supply that was almost half an hour away, and/or Target for a little more in price . So that has definitely been a cost efficient change for me. I love the smell and how healthy my hair feels after I use it. Also safe enough that I use it on all of my children and their different curl types .
V L.
I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 because it did help my fine/2b/med-thick hair really curl up to a solid 2c.. But. It also took forever for my hair to dry. But I loved the curl, and wanted so bad for this to be the holy grail everyone else makes it out to be. So I kept trying.. different ways.. very little on dripping wet hair, watered down and spritzed in.. And with each use the time it took for my hair to dry got longer. Plus my hair felt gummier and my ends got crunchier. After the 5th use I had to wash it straight out as soon as I put it in. I then had to use a clarifier and a deep conditioner. It STILL didn't bring my hair back 100%. My ends were ruined. I had to get 3" cut off. What a waste of $ for me.
Amanda D.
Pittsburgh, PA
100% hands down MY FAVORITE!!!!! Smells great, holds my curls, doesn't flake up, and goes great with their kinky curl knot today Leave in!! I follow curly girl routine and only use certain ingredients.. This is by far THE best I've tried and will buy this over and over!!
Geanna S.
In combo the with Kinky Curly Knot Today, this stuff is a miracle in a bottle. It smells delicious and like marshmallows. I have loose and tight curls throughout my whole. If you have a problem with shrinkage, then I would not recommend this product. However, I don't mind it. My hair last about five days before I would have to change the hairstyles. But overall, I love this company.
Becca M.
Boiling Spgs, SC
My daughter has I would say C3 hair. Very tight coils. This is the only thing that works and I’ve tried MANY! It really doesn’t have a scent to it and for the price of $16.99 I would pay that for the results. Amazing product! One of the best gels for ppl w tight coils.
AMY G.
Fresno, CA
My daughter has 3c/4a curls and follows the curly girl method. This is her go to daily styling product. Doesn't weigh her hair down, gives her great curl hold and doesn't smell horrid. She's been using it for months and never plans to switch. When she needs a little more control, she adds a little gel
Sara M.
Oklahoma City, OK
When I went back to my natural hair texture several years ago, this was one of the first CG products I tried. It was fabulous than and is just as fabulous now. It defines my curls, doesn't dry my hair out, makes my hair super shiny and really enhances my 3a curl pattern.
Sara M.
i really like this product but you have to use it a specific way in order for my hair to come out how i want and you literally just dip your fingers and pull it out bc if you scoop this product out you will use waaaay too much
India K.
Dallas
This is my go to product for everyday wash and go routine. This makes my 3/b/3c curls pop, controls frizz and makes my hair super moisturized. I love the smell and love that there are natural ingredients used.
Lauren G.
Camp hill, PA
This is the only hair gel I use. Its curly gir safe, smells like a cupcake and give excellent hold. I usually get a decent cast with diffusing and occasionally combine it with eco Krystal if I need more staying power
Yelinda M.
Saint Cloud, FL
Does this leave your hair crunchy? Trying to find a gel that has great hold without the crunchiness.
Precious C.
Hampton, GA
Does this make your hair hard ?
Chaneil C.
I would love to try this. How has it worked for any of you?
Nicole F.
Laurel Springs, NJ
Does this product feel heavy or light in the hair? Does it leave a visible residue?
hiba w.
Newark, DE
How does the Kinky Curly custard fare on second and third day hair? Does it make it crunchy or greasy at all?