Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz

by Kinky-Curl

Kinky-curly custard gel is a herbal conditioner that's suitable for all hair types. It smoothes the cuticle and easily detangles hair. Made from natural ingredients, this moisturizing hair gel nourishes and strengthens hair. It's infused with agave nectar's humectant properties to define your curls, give them weight, smooth frizz and offer long-lasting hold. The gel also adds a healthy shine without making your hair look greasy. This alcohol-free hair gel can be used as a leave-on conditioner for thick or curly hair. It's free of parabens and sodium lauryl sulfate.

Just purchased this curling custard, any recommendations on best use? Also how does it hold up in high humidity situations, like Miami?
Has anyone used this on 2C/3A fine hair?
Start your review of Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz!
Product Highlights
...curl and wave pattern also it moisturizes your hair and it does leave my hair dry like others but sometimes if you put your hair into buns a lot this product would have a crunchy / hard coating in your hair but other that this is a good product in reviews
Great product!!in reviews
Pair it with the Detangler and the product works even better.in reviews
It smells great and is good for Naturalistas.in reviews
A little bit of product goes a long way; applying too much like a typical gel will make the product flaky or white.in reviews
Stephanie P.
Salina, KS
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Stephanie P.
Purchased at: Target
This gel makes my curls perfect! I’m not really a fan of the way it smells (weirdly sweet) and it is kind of expensive ($16), but it does work really well. It’s packed with hair healthy natural ingredients. My curls honestly don’t look this great with anything else.
Kristen R.
Mauston, WI
Purchased at: Amazon
Sorry. This is the only recent selfie I have since starting to use Kinky curly. I have naturally very curly hair, but it is so thick it easily gets weighed down and it isn’t as “kinky curly”. I was scrolling through Tik Tok when I saw a woman who suggested anyone with textured hair to use this product. It has made my curls last 10x longer!! BEST PART ABOUT THIS PRODUCT, THOUGH... usually these kinds of products leave a gross residue on your hair and make it look unnatural. There’s none of that!! I got the detangler and the custard from Amazon and they arrive quick!!
Kelli P.
Atlanta, GA
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Kelli P.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Literally the only product that gives me a killer wash and goes. my curls always come out defined and lengthened. The only downside is sometimes if I get heavy handed my curls get a little crunchy but my definition last for days love love love this product
Lex M.
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Lex M.
Purchased at: Target
This product has been my holy grail to shape my curl clumps and add moisture/shine to by medium-porosity hair. It has aloe in it which causes me to flash-dry a little, but my hair doesn’t get the same results with any other product. I put mousse over top and my results can last for days. It’s not heavy and has no nasty ingredients. It’s a must-have for both wavies and curlies.
Erin P.
Staunton, IL
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Erin P.
This is an every wash day staple for me. I use this one after styling by finger coiling to cast the curls for drying. This product helps ensure that the defined coils are going to stay together. It also adds a little bit of slip during the process and helps me to style faster. I would not use this product close to the scalp to avoid build-up and allow for volume at the roots. I would also advise that a little bit goes a LONG WAY. I’ve been using one 8oz jar for 6 months now and it is still half full.
Erin C.
Delmar, DE
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Erin C.
Purchased at: Target
It pains me to not give this 5 stars. I've heard so many amazing things about it. The pic is me in the morning but by the afternoon this actually made my hair almost straight. It was super soft but had almost no hold. I'm going to keep experimenting with it with other products to see how it does but I was really underwhelmed. I will say it smells amazing and makes me want to eat my hair. I refrained. And it does help with frizz, but I'd rather have a little frizz and some body than my hair super flat and no hold. If you've tried this and have tips let me know!
Sabrina P.
Sebastopol, CA
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Sabrina P.
Love this products ingredients!! Has natural ingredients from plants such as Nettles and horsetail, both very good for supporting healthy, long and strong hair. I also appreciate how it has almost no scent and leaves my hair very shiny.
Ailona P.
Twp Washinton, NJ
It is great for naturalistas but it is a little costly. Only a little bit is needed when applying and it will flake if used to much. It moisturizes and defines curls very well if you are looking for that.
Marissa C.
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Marissa C.
Purchased at: Target
This gel goes a very long way when emulsified but is super easy to use too much of, even in very thick hair like mine. I prefer to use this on soaking wet hair when I want a strong cast. My curls hold for two to three days when used with leave in and scrunched out with jojoba oil. It’s pretty heavy on my waves but looks nice on my curls. I haven’t gotten the application down to an exact science as I tend to end up with some curls that are still frizzy and others that look perfectly defined. It is expensive for the amount you get considering the prices and sizes of its competitors. I tend to only use this gel when I need an intense amout of hold, like for pictures because I can struggle to get good volume with it.
Phalan W.
Tampa, FL
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz uploaded by Phalan W.
I have hundreds of natural hair products in my arsenal, so it takes a lot to impress me but this product is truly a holy grail for wash and gos. I have very dense 4a coils and this gave me definition, shine, and softness. Your hair needs to be soaking wet for it to work (like any product), but the results are amazing and long lasting. I’d recommend this to any natural for bouncy, shiny hair.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Alissa P.
Carbondale, IL
il y a 2 ans
Raquel P. il y a un an
If you use to much it will definitely make your hair crunchy. But I like a little crunch it gets softer as the days go by. Last longer to me with a cast
Elisha R.
il y a 2 ans
Kinky-Curl y Curl Custard Gel - 8 oz ? Hello. What type/brands of leave in conditioner have you used along with this? And what type hair do you have (ie. 4A. 4B, 4C, etc).
Phalan W. il y a 2 ans
I have 4a hair and the best leave in to use is the Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in from the same brand. It goes perfectly with it and you don’t have to worry about clumping or flaking. Plus it detangles really well.