BY KINGDOMS OF AMALUR RECKONING

Jason N.
Jason N.
Its like Skyrim but its also not. Its more cartoonish and ok in graphics while the gameplay is more fast paced than Skyrim. Its still free roam but not at the same scope of Skyrim. I do find its unfair to give this a lower grade just because it shares the same genre with Skyrim so I'll try to forget that Skyrim even existed at this moment and give this a B+/B (Skyrim is a nearly flawless A+) The gameplay is quite lengthy and the story is decent but not lame. Youll pick a certain class, buy and pick up and buy weapons, and even join some groups to make your character a bit more unique. There are tons of sidequests to keep you busy and you'll get to explore a lot. In the end, it certainly wont blow you like Skyrim did (sorry I couldn't forget that game existed for that long) but I cant really find an actual problem with the game other than the fact that its not Skyrim (don't worry I did not factor that when I gave this a B.) The game is practically good BUT not great enough for me to warrant this game an A-. A good pickup for people who found Skyrim too massive to handle or just a big fan of this certain game genre.
Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.
Woodlawn, VA
When i purchased this game, i was hoping for the same results as Skyrim and Fable. which both met my standards of awesomeness. The graphics are awesome, and there's loads of quests to choose from. The choices and the story line had great insight! I however do not like the saving format on it. I'm not sure if it was the game or my xbox but I'd loose a lot of saved data. On the bright side, the interaction with the characters is awesome as well.
Crystal B.
Crystal B.
I actually love this game, and I'm disappointed it didn't get a better reputation. I used to play World of Warcraft, but disliked having to rely on others and didn't really feel like socializing. I just liked to play solo. This game more than fits the bill and I love playing it. There's a lot of options to create your characters and a lot of game content to keep you busy.
Theresa M.
Theresa M.
Milwaukee, WI
I was looking for a game to replace World Of Warcraft cause that was becoming to expensive every month. This does the trick. I spent plenty of hours dedicated to the game but after a while, I did become bored with it. It's fun while it lasts.
Amy B.
Amy B.
Cincinnati, OH
KoA starts you off as a blank slate...literally. You wake up with amnesia and from there you can choose what kind of character you want to be/create. The leveling in the game does have a small learning curve, but it's very easy to pick up on. KoA is a very large game...be prepared to sink some hours into this one. That said, after a while the quests started to feel a bit tedious. It was like I was running from countryside to countryside on the most basic of tasks. The graphics are gorgeous, and the colors used in the game make it that much more unique. Overall, it is a good game, but it's not a game I can play for great lengths of time.
Kendra T.
Kendra T.
Mc Dowell, KY
Gamer Expert

I spent many hours on this game. But yet it was okay.
Kelly M.
Kelly M.
Saint Louis, MO
Kingdoms of Amalur is an expansive RPG set in a very colorful world with great visuals. I personally am a sucker for visuals and can forgive some lacking in other areas for it; which is probably why I enjoyed this game quite a bit. I agree that it can get a little tedious, and I had some instances where I had trouble with glitches, but even the biggest games can get that way as well. Sometimes you do feel a bit like you're running around doing everyone's errands, but this is also common in the expansive RPG games. The only reason I don't give this an A is that sometimes I felt like the story lacked cohesion and the glitches I had problems with. Overall a very fun game to waste some time on.
Sreeja R.
Sreeja R.
Los Angeles, CA
I Agree with you 100%. This has to be the most straight forward review i have read. Completely honest. I have been playing the game since day one, and have been enjoying it......until......things started to get kinda stail. The combat is great, the leveling is cool, and the armor that you get is great also, but if thats the only thing that is driving the bus, its gonna crash in my opinion. Its lacking something......substanence. After playing it for a while, hacking, slashing, you tend to want more out of it, and then feel forced to run through the story so you can fell a since of fulfilment. The story also is not that involving, good, but not enough to keep you really wanting to see what happens next. All in all, you can have a really AWESOME car, but with out a good engine, eh......its just not gonna get to far. :/
Oktober S.
Oktober S.
Durango, CO
We bought this when it first came out due to the amazing graphics and it just looked cool. I finished the games in a matter of days and it was a awesome, the only down fall was that you could do the things you can like in Dragon Age or Skyrim, like relationships or really interact with people. Other then those things and a few more , it's a great game
Shelby T.
Shelby T.
Gilbert plains, MB
This game is very fun and always has things for you to do. If you like Skyrim the you would really like this game.