BY KINGDOMS OF AMALUR RECKONING

Megan K.
Nicholasville, KY
Gamer Expert Level 1
Pros: I love this game as a big fan of open world RPG's I loved playing this. Lots of towns to explore big map, nice story lines
Cons: Repetitive characters in each section. I hit a glitch somewhere and had to restart from level 16 when I reached a level 40 character. However, if it tells you anything after being mad for a bit I WENT BACK!
Overall: Yes, buy this game. it is worth it. Hacking and slashing and looting all the way. Would have been five stars if it wouldn't have glitches but then again it could have just been my console.
Kristen N.
I feel like this game really did not get the amount of love it deserves. It is breathtakingly beautiful and the combat is so good, some of the best in a game. The character design is awesome and the story is cool, also the main bad guy is voiced by Jim Cummings, yes, Winnie the Pooh is the bad guy. It's fabulous.
Jason N.
Its like Skyrim but its also not. Its more cartoonish and ok in graphics while the gameplay is more fast paced than Skyrim. Its still free roam but not at the same scope of Skyrim. I do find its unfair to give this a lower grade just because it shares the same genre with Skyrim so I'll try to forget that Skyrim even existed at this moment and give this a B+/B (Skyrim is a nearly flawless A+) The gameplay is quite lengthy and the story is decent but not lame. Youll pick a certain class, buy and pick up and buy weapons, and even join some groups to make your character a bit more unique. There are tons of sidequests to keep you busy and you'll get to explore a lot. In the end, it certainly wont blow you like Skyrim did (sorry I couldn't forget that game existed for that long) but I cant really find an actual problem with the game other than the fact that its not Skyrim (don't worry I did not factor that when I gave this a B.) The game is practically good BUT not great enough for me to warrant this game an A-. A good pickup for people who found Skyrim too massive to handle or just a big fan of this certain game genre.
Sreeja R.
Los Angeles, CA
I Agree with you 100%. This has to be the most straight forward review i have read. Completely honest. I have been playing the game since day one, and have been enjoying it......until......things started to get kinda stail. The combat is great, the leveling is cool, and the armor that you get is great also, but if thats the only thing that is driving the bus, its gonna crash in my opinion. Its lacking something......substanence. After playing it for a while, hacking, slashing, you tend to want more out of it, and then feel forced to run through the story so you can fell a since of fulfilment. The story also is not that involving, good, but not enough to keep you really wanting to see what happens next. All in all, you can have a really AWESOME car, but with out a good engine, eh......its just not gonna get to far. :/
Katie C.
KOA is a special game. I hate that it's being compared to Skyrim. It's not meant to be Skyrim! If anything it's more like a 1 player WoW.

The graphics are wonderful in my opinion. They're colorful and fantasy-driven. I love the range of weapons and abilities you can use. I love the chakras. Think magical batarangs that come back and are enchanted with fire or ice or.... Anyways, this game is considered a collector's edition because the makers went out of business. They put everything into making the game and then went bankrupt. So the game really is a one-of-a-kind. Which I think is sad, because I really loved it.
Izeyah W.
Las Vegas, NV
If you enjoyed Dragons age or if you play WOW then this game will more than meet your standards of gaming . this game is very well made and has quite a bit more open run room for the gaming than dragons age did. Not as much open space as Skyrim but if they tried to with a sequel they could make it happen quite easily. The game runs smoothly and has little t no hitch even on a laptop. It has been some time since the game was released so the price has dropped dramatically and i implore you to buy it now more than ever because the price is worth it.
Amy B.
Cincinnati, OH
KoA starts you off as a blank slate...literally. You wake up with amnesia and from there you can choose what kind of character you want to be/create. The leveling in the game does have a small learning curve, but it's very easy to pick up on. KoA is a very large game...be prepared to sink some hours into this one. That said, after a while the quests started to feel a bit tedious. It was like I was running from countryside to countryside on the most basic of tasks. The graphics are gorgeous, and the colors used in the game make it that much more unique. Overall, it is a good game, but it's not a game I can play for great lengths of time.
Kelly M.
Saint Louis, MO
Kingdoms of Amalur is an expansive RPG set in a very colorful world with great visuals. I personally am a sucker for visuals and can forgive some lacking in other areas for it; which is probably why I enjoyed this game quite a bit. I agree that it can get a little tedious, and I had some instances where I had trouble with glitches, but even the biggest games can get that way as well. Sometimes you do feel a bit like you're running around doing everyone's errands, but this is also common in the expansive RPG games. The only reason I don't give this an A is that sometimes I felt like the story lacked cohesion and the glitches I had problems with. Overall a very fun game to waste some time on.
Rande w.
One of my favorite video games ever. I started playing because of watching my brother play and helping him make his character. It's a fantasy/medieval vibe. I love the storylines and the art. Sounds stupid but if a game isn't aesthetically pleasing to me then I'm less likely to play it. I also liked how you can create your own armor and weapons. Even on hard this game isn't too difficult, anyone should be able to pick it up. I only wish it was longer or they had made a sequel :( R.i.p Jason <3
Kassi S.
Marianna, FL
This is definitely a great game worth trying. I personally have played many RPG's and this one stands out due to it's colorful nature. In the beginning, you basically get a tutorial on how to use all of the weapons and therefore figure out what classes best suit you. This is NOT Skyrim. I usually tell customers that this is a mix of Fable III and Skyrim, with it's own twist. There is also DLC to extend gameplay. This is great for a weekend of free time!