by Kindle

Is it worth the price?
Linda C.
Linda C.
Nov. 26, 2013, 3:25 p.m.
No question, it lets you carry a whole library of books with you when you are traveling, never have to be without something to read ( and takes up a lot less room in your bag)
Gladys R.
Gladys R.
Oct. 16, 2013, 12:01 p.m.
Yes. I never leave home with out it. Books on top of books saved to the device.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Sept. 12, 2013, 11:28 a.m.
Yes it is definitely worth the price. You can store hundreds of books on one little device so it makes travel a lot nicer not having to lug heavy books around.
Carrie R.
Carrie R.
Aug. 31, 2013, 3:01 p.m.
It is worth the price 10 times over! I have SOOO many books on my kindle that I can take anywhere with me, I can automatically see the definition of a word, translate foreign words/phrases, AND (notice the big and) it has already paid for itself from all the books I have downloaded for free! Authors put books on Amazon for free as promotions and I get emails every day letting me know what books are free for the day. I can't remember the last time I paid for a book (unless it is something specific I am looking for) and I always have books on hand that I haven't read yet because of this. Don't wait another second. You will not regret it if you are an avid reader!
Anuja J.
July 31, 2013, 11:44 p.m.
Yes ..go for it
Yosary M.
Yosary M.
July 26, 2013, 11:08 p.m.
Yes is great
Crystal S.
Crystal S.
June 1, 2013, 8:24 a.m.
Yes! If you like reading on electronics!
Leesha H.
Leesha H.
May 28, 2013, 5:22 p.m.
I think it is definitely worth the price!
Supritha S.
Supritha S.
May 27, 2013, 1:35 p.m.
Yeah it worth
Robin D.
Robin D.
May 24, 2013, 9:41 p.m.
If you want an e-reader, I'd say yes. If you have an Ipad or if you read more paper than digital, maybe not. As far as kindle versions, it's my favorite. Touch screen, but without the harsh colors and glare of the color screens.
Keion J.
Keion J.
May 23, 2013, 10:30 a.m.
I have one but I prefer paper books..but its a great little gadget and its worth purchasing
May 22, 2013, 11:48 a.m.
Yes 100%. U can read it while going to sleep
Susan S.
Susan S.
May 11, 2013, 6:32 p.m.
I got mine for Christmas and I love it! I carry it with me everywhere and use it everyday. If I had to buy one I would say it is worth the money
Rebecca M.
Rebecca M.
May 9, 2013, 4:44 a.m.
Totally worth it. It's nice to be able to carry around so many books in one tiny e-reader. I also like that the screen isn't shiny so it's easy to read in any sort of light.
Natalie C.
Natalie C.
May 5, 2013, 11:23 p.m.
Don't get this. Why read in black and white when you can read in color. Might as well read a book.
Sherry A.
Sherry A.
April 22, 2013, 10:12 p.m.
Definitely worth the price especially since they have so many versions of the kindle to suit everyone's needs
Angel K.
Angel K.
April 19, 2013, 11:29 a.m.
If you are an avid reader,yes for sure ! You have access to thousands and thousands of books and you can take it with you so easily !
Nik H.
April 10, 2013, 5:56 p.m.
MOST defiantly!!
Nik H.
April 10, 2013, 5:55 p.m.
MOST defiantly!!
Tracey H.
Tracey H.
April 10, 2013, 1:04 p.m.
Without a doubt!
Jen O.
Jen O.
March 21, 2013, 12:08 p.m.
Yes!! i absolutely love my kindle - i actually bought it on eBay for $100 - and i got the kindle fire. i orignally had the non touch with wifi that i got as a gift but i found it hard on the eyes especially in low light. so i sold that and got this one - it is awesome. it fits even in my smallest purse so i can carry it with me and read whenever. i also am into social apps and have netflix so i can do a little more on it than the regular paperwhite. for me, didn't think that i needed the HD but a friend of mine has it and it is very nice.
Lynn S.
Lynn S.
March 18, 2013, 5:36 p.m.
Very much so. I use mine all the time, and I love it.
Connie F.
Connie F.
March 12, 2013, 4:50 p.m.
Yes, absolutely, it is well worth every penny. If you like reading, browsing and reading your email. much better than using the phone
Kristen M.
Kristen M.
March 4, 2013, 5:55 a.m.
For me it was not. I sent it back got my money back and then got a nook.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
March 3, 2013, 3:36 a.m.
It definitely depends on which kindle you buy, my mother has one without a backlight which is slightly inconvenient but it was also like $70 cheaper than the others.
Kim P.
Kim P.
Feb. 23, 2013, 4:58 p.m.
Kindles are very reasonably priced and totally worth the money. The model that you get is based on personal preference. If you are simply planning to read only the basic version is great. If you want to browse the Internet and play games then I would recommend the color. Great products with many choices!,
Devin M.
Devin M.
Feb. 22, 2013, 3:34 p.m.
It really is worth the price it does everything and has a great picture pretty much does everything a normal tablet would do
Emily F.
Emily F.
Feb. 17, 2013, 8:06 a.m.
Absolutely! I actually have the Kindle Fire and love it. It's so nice to be able to get a book within seconds, and not have to run to the store or order one online then have to wait for it!
Jameisha M.
Jameisha M.
Feb. 9, 2013, 9:55 p.m.
Yes it is worth the price if you are the type of person who loves to read lot.
Brianna K.
Brianna K.
Feb. 3, 2013, 6:35 p.m.
So worth the price. If you love reading it is perfect.
Nicole P.
Nicole P.
Feb. 2, 2013, 4:23 p.m.
Kindles are actually pretty cheap so yeah
Rachel Y.
Rachel Y.
Jan. 19, 2013, 6:38 a.m.
Yes definitely! If you read a lot then its worth it!
Tabatha B.
Tabatha B.
Jan. 16, 2013, 10:52 a.m.
So worth it for the whole family!!
Kristie M.
Kristie M.
Jan. 16, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
If you like to read...yes!
Jan. 13, 2013, 2:17 p.m.
As an avid reader, I was worried at first that I wouldn't like the transition from a paper book, to an electronic one.. BUT I got a kindle touch for Christmas 2012 and absoloutely fell in love! It is awesome. Hold more books than you could possibly ever want, GREAT battery and even some extras thrown in! My battery lasted about 3 weeks and I read for at least one hour every day. Another perk of a kindle touch is Amazon's FREE kindle books. There are quite a few GOOD free books offered! I also like the fact that public libraries are offering ebooks and are very simple to get without even leaving your house. This Christmas I upgraded to a kindle fire and I love it just as much.. To answer your question, they are for SURE worth the price! :)
Lauren P.
Lauren P.
Jan. 13, 2013, 7:40 a.m.
For an Ereader, definitely!
Aaliyah J.
Aaliyah J.
Jan. 12, 2013, 9:10 a.m.
No , you should get the kindle fire . cause yuo can read books, play games ,and much more.
Emily M.
Emily M.
Jan. 11, 2013, 5:23 p.m.
Yes, especially if you an outside reader.
Frances K.
Frances K.
Jan. 11, 2013, 4:40 a.m.
Totally worth the price. I got mine for a great deal and I now have over 300 books on it. I would of never thought of reading half of the books that I have read if not for the Kindle. It just opened up a whole new world of reading. Plus there are a ton of free books every day.
Ramya R.
Ramya R.
Jan. 10, 2013, 2:01 p.m.
Yes! If you're a book lover and would rather read them without going to the library!
Caitlin B.
Caitlin B.
Jan. 10, 2013, 8:38 a.m.
Yes! If you want something cheaper Amazon offers a cheaper version of each kindle model with "ads." I got this one and you can barely notice the ads, also they don't show up when you read. They are at the bottom of the amazon shop and on your screen saver. Plus books are cheaper on an ereader! Amazon allows prime members to "check out" one book a month, which is also nice!
Jan. 7, 2013, 2:20 p.m.
If you like to read it is worth it.
Jeanette G.
Jeanette G.
Jan. 5, 2013, 3:18 p.m.
Yes but if you are looking for a multitasking devic I would go with the fire.
Wendy B.
Wendy B.
Jan. 1, 2013, 6:03 p.m.
Yes! the item is great!
Kristi R.
Kristi R.
Jan. 1, 2013, 5:14 a.m.
Definitely! They are so convenient. You can take them anywhere and have a whole store of books. It's especially nice when traveling.
Emily T.
Emily T.
Dec. 30, 2012, 9:06 a.m.
Absolutely! Libraries are lending more and more kindle books and sites like pixelofink.com have a daily list of free or discounted books on amazon. After the initial cost, you can use this awesome piece of convenience for very little $$!
Wendy H.
Wendy H.
Dec. 29, 2012, 7:35 a.m.
I have a regular kindle its great buti would not purchase the one that they are showing because u pay more for nothing
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Dec. 29, 2012, 4:35 a.m.
If you are looking for more of a tablet feel then the Kindle Fire HD is definitely worth it, if you just want a simple reader I would recommend the Sony ereader. Basic but functional.
jessie y.
jessie y.
Dec. 27, 2012, 1:18 p.m.
I would love to have one i use my phone!
Carrie G.
Carrie G.
Dec. 26, 2012, 1:29 p.m.
I think it is definitely worth the price. I just got the Paperwhite and I love that I can now read in the dark without disturbing anyone else with a bright glow (like with my iPad). And I agree that it's nice to be able to download free books from Amazon. I still love printed books, but e-readers are great for convenience.
Christen T.
Christen T.
Dec. 24, 2012, 9:08 a.m.
Definitely! I justified the price (even though it's not expensive) by the number of free books that were available that I wanted to read. It is definitely worth the cost!
dachnelly a.
dachnelly a.
Dec. 17, 2012, 11:14 a.m.
Yes go get it and you will love it
Christine E.
Christine E.
Dec. 16, 2012, 1:21 p.m.
If you read a lot, yes! Most book sellers, such as Amazon, have free Kindle books. Many others are as low as 99 cents! Check and see if your local library is a member of Overdrive - http://overdrive.com/ - an interlibrary free loan service. Your library might even have Kindles that you can borrow to 'test drive' before you buy one.
Jayy J.
Jayy J.
Dec. 14, 2012, 8:22 p.m.
Yes It Definitely Is Worth The Price I Loved Mine Not Only Did Zi Have Books In My Finger Tips But You Can Do A lot More Internet Etc..
Julia C.
Julia C.
Dec. 13, 2012, 10:46 a.m.
Yes, very worth it. There are so many price ranges to choose from toom so that you can get the one that bests suits your needs.
Allison H.
Allison H.
Dec. 12, 2012, 1:55 p.m.
I'm an avid reader so the Kindle has paid for itself--at times I even read several books a week. There are plenty of free books on Amazon for the Kindle (it's also a good way to discover new others), so you make up the purchase price in no time. You can also get pretty much any book you want for free through torrents, then convert it to a Kindle file with a program like Calibre. Most libraries are starting eBook programs, so you can check out many best-sellers for free from the comfort of your own home.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
Dec. 10, 2012, 12:45 p.m.
I think the basic kindle touch is totally worth the price if you just want to read on it.
Heather L.
Heather L.
Dec. 6, 2012, 1:06 p.m.
Yes, way better then the Nook from Barnes & Nobel.
Marina T.
Marina T.
Dec. 5, 2012, 3:36 p.m.
I think it is only if you really enjoy reading if not then not really
Caroline S.
Caroline S.
Dec. 5, 2012, 11:49 a.m.
I have found so many great books for free to download and check your local library, they might have ebooks to borrow too. I love my Kindle Touch, I didn't spend the extra money on a case, it's really something you can make yourself or find cheaper online, you don't really need a case. So glad I bought mine and I am pretty frugal so it's worth the money!
Mia M.
Mia M.
Dec. 3, 2012, 6:45 p.m.
Well, I paid less than $80 for mine. Now, in my purse, I have access to over 1000 of my favorite books, my own pdf files (shopping lists, calendar, etc.), some of my favorite MP3 music, reference guides (first aid, gardening, etc.), a few neat games, access to my favorite websites (on WiFi), and more. LOVE it!
Janny P.
Stephanie L.
Dec. 1, 2012, 6:56 p.m.
Yes most definitely !!!
Dec. 1, 2012, 6:27 p.m.
Most definitely. Certain books are loan able to your friends. Many public libraries are part of the over drive networking allowing you to check ebooks out for free, and there are always free options too. Also, if you are an amazon prime member you get a book a month for free!
Wendy W.
Wendy W.
Dec. 1, 2012, 12:45 p.m.
Yes I think it is because it really is an all in one device and great to take on vacations or for commutes when you don't want something heavy and bulky
Rosie W.
Rosie W.
Dec. 1, 2012, 11:49 a.m.
Yes. I have had mine for about a year and all the books that I have read on it have been free. There are so many sites that show you all the books you can get for free or discounted, it's like being in a library every day. I still love physical books, but I love that you can throw this in your purse and say you have 100+ books with you to choose from.
Lashaunda P.
Lashaunda P.
Dec. 1, 2012, 5:02 a.m.
I love the Kindle! I didn't get it for a long time because I love physical books too much, and I still buy those more often than Kindle books, but it's great for traveling because it's so small and weightless. I do wish I had the Kindle Touch (I'm so used to all my other devices using touch screen now) but I opted for the cheaper Kindle with the scroll button.
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Nov. 30, 2012, 5:44 p.m.
I think so. The competitors have really driven the price down. I got my first kindle in 2009 before the nook came out and it was $300. I would recommend the touch over the cheaper version, because that looks like a pain to navigate. I would recommend the 3G because it is a pretty good deal--$50 over the lifetime of the device, which is way less than a data plan--and because it's great to be able to purchase a new book somewhere like a train or car, which would have wifi.
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Nov. 30, 2012, 5:40 p.m.
Yes, I have really enjoyed using my kindle, I am one of those people who like the feel of a book in my hand but I really love mine. It is really to use and I like that you can take it about anywhere. I would recommend it!!
Michelle W.
Michelle W.
Nov. 30, 2012, 4:58 p.m.
I personally think eReaders are worth the price (regardless which system you purchase). I would highly recommend you do your homework and research each type of eReader before just jumping into buying one. There are so many different options in eReaders that you need to make sure you get the on best suited for your personal needs.
Nemetria W.
Nemetria W.
Nov. 30, 2012, 1:09 p.m.
I think so but if you have like an android or iphone you can download the app for free
Jenny S.
Jenny S.
Nov. 30, 2012, 11:04 a.m.
Yes. Find one that suits you.
Brianna D.
Brianna D.
Nov. 30, 2012, 6:40 a.m.
If your going to just be reading books then yes. if you want more opt for the more expensive one.
Stacie C.
Stacie C.
Nov. 29, 2012, 4:01 p.m.
I love my Kindle. I was a holdout because I love books but I like it for commuting, for longer/heavy books and for downloading silly free books from Amazon. I've found a few good free ones that I otherwise would never have been exposed to. I'm definitely glad I finally got one.
Noor N.
Noor N.
Nov. 29, 2012, 11:51 a.m.
If you want to have a good and stable (and lightweight!) device to simply carry around all your books/reading materials, then yes it's definitely worth the price! If you're not really going to be doing much reading on it, then it probably isn't. You can try to go for another device that does a lot more than just an e-reader. =)
Maritza M.
Maritza M.
Nov. 28, 2012, 9:47 p.m.
Get it :)
Nov. 28, 2012, 6:04 p.m.
I saw yes its worth the price. You might can get a really good on them now.
Shakia N.
Shakia N.
Nov. 28, 2012, 6:04 p.m.
I saw yes its worth the price. You might can get a really good on them now.
Rachel S.
Rachel S.
Nov. 28, 2012, 2:42 p.m.
I think an e-reader is worth the value for what you get -- you just have to decide if it is the product you want! I have a Kindle, but still prefer opening up and paging through a "real" book.
Allison M.
Allison M.
Nov. 28, 2012, 1:55 p.m.
Kindles are fabulous. I would buy through amazon. They r good about replacing ASAP if something happens
Kala T.
Kala T.
Nov. 28, 2012, 7:44 a.m.
Yes i think it is.. you can have books at your finger tips..
Gina D.
Gina D.
Nov. 28, 2012, 5:55 a.m.
Yes....just the simple ability to have thousands of books at your fingertips and assessable no matter where you are makes any e-reader worth buying. They all have their good and bad points but overall kindle touch is one of the better ones if you are just looking for a book reader.
Kae L.
Kae L.
Nov. 28, 2012, 5:40 a.m.
Depends on your needs and wants. This is one of the least expensive options but if you're attached to physical books this or any other e-reader won't be "worth" it if you still prefer to purchase real books.
Deborah Ann N.
Deborah Ann N.
Nov. 28, 2012, 2:06 a.m.
EReaders, whichever you choose - they are most definitely worth the price.

Join Now