Kindle Paperwhite

Which do YOU prefer while reading - physical books OR a tablet, like the Kindle Paperwhite?
What’s your favorite Kindle? Looking for a new ereader. I don’t need fancy options, although I wouldn’t mind having the ability to install some extra apps (if that’s even possible at all). It would only be to read ebooks.
What makes this better than a standard kindle? I currentlyKindle Paperwhite have a standard one from when they were released and i love it but the battery doesn’t last anymore so wanting a new one. Just curious as to what makes this so much more expensive?
Start your review of Kindle Paperwhite!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I also love how many books I can store on this, and that it is purely for reading, rather than trying to fit other uses in.in reviews
The battery life is great and I've only had to charge it a few times since I got it (maybe because I keep it on airplane mode most of the time).in reviews
I hate reading things on a screen - I can sit on my laptop for a very long time if I am interacting or watching something, but when it comes to reading (an intense activity haha in terms of how focused your eyes get) my eyes just hurt a lot!.in reviews
It's so much easier to carry books around with you and pull them out whenever the desire to read strikes.in reviews
I love the touch screen, and the white back ground means I can even read in bed and not have to have the light on, Nice size love it.in reviews
Tracy H.
Centennial, CO
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Tracy H.
Purchased at: Amazon
I LOVE my kindle!!! I am an avid reader & this is a great reading tool. The screen is back lit in such a way that there is no glare - so it can be read from in any lighting - from outdoors in the sun to laying in the dark. I can adjust the letters to any size I prefer too. One of the best aspects of course, is that I can download a new book whenever I want to. Plus it’s super light so it’s great for traveling - or even taking with you so you can read whenever the opportunity presents itself. This is my second one (an updated version). I definitely recommend getting a kindle if you are a reader! Kindle Paperwhite
Vilia J.
Westmont, IL
Techie Expert Level 1
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Vilia J.
Purchased at: Amazon
I find this kindle absolutely amazing. I get migraines from reading ebooks usually due to my avm in my brain. This has taken that strain off my eyes and allowed me to continue to read ebooks. I enjoy physical books but it’s nice to be able to read something right away instead of waiting to pick it up at the library or buying it in the store. It’s so small too it’s easy to take with me on the go. It’s also super cute I got the midnight blue one and it’s so pretty! I’m in love with this and so happy to be reading ebooks again!
Ashley D.
Coconut Creek, FL
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Ashley D.
Purchased at: Amazon
Long time reader and big time book hoarder so this is perfect for me. I used to read ebooks on my iPad but the glare was not forgiving. With Kindle It gives the look of a book and ease of use with night reading. No glare and it’s easy on the eyes
Manuela R.
Peoria
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Manuela R.
This product is great! You don’t need to buy all the books that you want to read, you just have to look for it in your kindle and just in case you have to buy the book is cheaper. One of the most amazing products I have gotten.
Jaclyn W.
East Windsor, NJ
Techie Expert Level 2
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Jaclyn W.
I love my Kindle paperwhite! Last year i used the Kindle trade in to upgrade my old, beat up Kindle touch, which gave me a 20% discount plus a $5 Amazon gift card. This edition is waterproof and is backlit so i can read in bed with the lights off. Best of all, the design is thin, sleek, and easy to carry.
Hannah D.
Saint Cloud, MN
Techie Expert Level 1
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Hannah D.
Purchased at: Amazon
I am beyond happy with my kindle paperwhite. There is truly a difference on the eyes between E ink and a regular tablet or phone screen and I notice there are far fewer headaches. Also love the screen adjustments you able to make from brightness to font to font size! This eReader is also waterproof however I have yet to put this to the test but it gives me peace of mind if I want to read while having a soak in the tub. I havent had any lag or buffering time trying to flip pages and can see myself keeping this for years to come!
Patty C.
Weston, WV
Techie Expert Level 2
Purchased at: Amazon
I've had this kindle paperwhite for a while now. The battery last for a good bit even having it for a few years. You can adjust the lighting, and have a bunch of books on your kindle. Very easy to use and to find a book you may be interested in readying.
Andrea M.
Edinburg, TX
The Kindle Paperwhite tablet was ok. It is easy to use and there are a ton of book, magazine etc. choices to choose from. I just didn't really enjoy using mine. I didn't like the layout of the magazines. And I think I like the feeling of reading a real book better!! I ended up selling mine.
Candice N.
Los Angeles, CA
Kindle Paperwhite uploaded by Candice N.
Kindle did it AGAIN!! The Oasis is the best version out there! The battery life is a lot longer, and I love the night mode. The downloads are a lot faster and it holds your place. The older versions were not as fast or had a sensitive touch like the Oasis. You barely have to tap the screen to turn the pages. Can we please take about the charge? It takes less than 45 min and I am back up to a full charge, which I am here for! I love that it is light and compact and great for road trips and plane rides. This is a must have if you are a bookworm!
Jaime F.
Texas
1,271 reviews
Kindle is a great alternative to traditional books. I especially appreciate being able to read the screen in bright conditions. The charge lasts forever. With many libraries offering ebooks, a Kindle is a great way to read.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Lisa C.
Eltham, London
il y a 3 mois
Lori C.
Woodway, TX
il y a 3 mois
Sofia G. il y a 2 mois
Kindle paperwhite is really comfortable to read
Thaís C.
Allston, MA
il y a 10 mois
Jacqueline P. il y a 7 mois
I love reading physical books but I purchased a Kindle Paperwhite over the summer. I really like this device- it has the appearance of a paperback book and you can control the lighting hues on it too. It’s perfect for reading in bed at night for when your partner is asleep. I highly recommend this device!
Mabel R.
Cohasset, MA
il y a un an
Erma A. il y a un an
Personally for myself and I know not everyone feels the same way but I love my e reader more then books I can carry everything im reading with me and its so light weight I used to carry my book I was Currently reading in my purse and it was super heavy this is not and I can carry all with me yay I love my eReader
Mariam M.
New Castle, DE
il y a un an
Which Kindle should I buy ?
Jacqueline P. il y a un an
I have the Kindle Paperwhite and I love it! It’s perfect for reading books whether in bed, in the car, outside and etc. The book display makes it look as if you’re reading an actual paperback book. If you’re looking for an e-reader, I recommend this one!