BY KINDLE #2 in eReaders

Kindle Paperwhite
  • "I also love how many books I can store on this, and that it is purely for reading, rather than trying to fit other uses in." in 12 reviews
  • "The battery life is great and I've only had to charge it a few times since I got it (maybe because I keep it on airplane mode most of the time)." in 11 reviews
  • "I hate reading things on a screen - I can sit on my laptop for a very long time if I am interacting or watching something, but when it comes to reading (an intense activity haha in terms of how focused your eyes get) my eyes just hurt a lot!." in 9 reviews
  • "It's so much easier to carry books around with you and pull them out whenever the desire to read strikes." in 9 reviews
  • "I love the touch screen, and the white back ground means I can even read in bed and not have to have the light on, Nice size love it." in 8 reviews
Ashley U.
Ashley U.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
I am in love with my Paperwhite!!!
I watch WAY too much tv, and decided to try out reading again to help pass time. I originally owned a kindle fire which I hated. it's a tablet where you can do other things on it like browse the Internet, play games and so on. I got distracted very easily!!
With the Paperwhite it's for reading only which I love!! The only distractions I have now is downloading new books and seeing what is new.
Very compact and lightweight which is great, especially when reading fairly large books like Harry Potter (I'm guilty of only watching the movies until now) I would much rather carry around the Paperwhite then a very large and heavy book!
The screen is awesome and easy to read on a sunny day or before bed in the dark. It has a matte finish to it so their is no glare. The light setting is perfect especially at in the dark you don't feel blinded.
I would recommend the Paperwhite to any book lover out their, or anyone wanting to get lost in words.
Kate M.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
I love my kindle. I was really hesitant about buying it at first because I love reading books (actual books). I was expecting kindle book prices to actually be more affordable than physical books but surprisingly they aren't! And you can't share your books with your friends after which is sad. I love passing books along. But in the end I love my Kindle because its so small and easy. I live in New York City and I'm always on the go, and its so perfect to always have in my bag to read on the train or if I have a few spare minutes to pass. You can read it one handed and in the dark too, so that helps if you have a roommate or boyfriend who wants to go to sleep! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading. Also, I'm sure if you are trying to save money there are ways to go about finding ePub books for free online :)
Mariah H.
Mariah H.
Boscawen, NH
I recently purchased a Kindle Paperwhite and have brought it to the beach and the river a few times as well as using it in my backyard. It is amazing and the screen is everything that it's promised to be. The sun doesn't prevent me from reading and being able to completely see the page in direct sunlight. I would 100% recommend this to anyone who is looking to move from books to electronic books. It's not to expensive, anywhere from 70-200$ depending on the model you buy. The screen sensor is great and flicks pages with a single touch. It's easy to charge as well as connecting to Amazon is quick and effortless.
This is the way to go!!!
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Charlotte, NC
I love my Kindle Paperwhite! I am an avid reader and while I do love the feel of a books pages in my hands, I love being able to carry a library with me on the go. I find it very easy to use and download books. The books are reasonably priced. This is a device to read books, if you try to use it for anything else (searching the web, etc) you will be very disappointed. But if you use it for what it is intended you will love it. I love the adjustable screen brightness, font type and size. I also like that it allows you to organize your books onto "shelves". Plus it syncs with my Goodreads app. I would highly recommend this product.
Eric H.
Eric H.
Tulsa, OK
The kindle paper white has absolutely revolutionized the way I read! Aside from the obvious: 1. It's insanely light and portable 2. You can read it inside, outside, daytime, or nighttime 3. It fits perfectly in your hand...it's also really durable and high quality. The battery lasts forever and, for me, it just destroys the "barriers to entry" when it comes to reading. I'm definitely a literary romantic. I love the feel and smell of an old book, and that won't ever change. BUT, the kindle doesn't eliminate the need for physical books, it just lets you take a library with you wherever you go! For me, that is priceless.
Claudia R.
Claudia R.
Carson, CA
I have always been a actual physical copy person bug the kindle is my saving grace. Firstly I cannot afford more books nor more book shelves. With the kindle I can borrow e-copies from the local library and they don't take up space on my shelf. It is very lightweight and easy to read in all light settings.
Because it carries a charge for so long it is great to travel with and to just carry around for a month on your daily commute. Plus the cases are almost as customizable as iPhone cases.
If only Amazon could make it smell like a book I'd give it 10 stars out of 5.
Tara B.
Tara B.
I love this kindle! I had a different one awhile back but love the back light feature for reading in the evenings! I love reading on this device so much better than using a tablet or smartphone. I wear glasses and other devices tend to cause my eyes to strain and I get a headache after a bit. But reading on the kindle is just like a book the screen does not cause any eye discomfort and you can read outside without worrying about glare. If you're on the fence about getting one, I highly recommend them! worth it!
Valerie H.
Valerie H.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
I love my Kindle! I read a lot of books, and my boyfriend noticed that my previous ebook was really getting out of date, so he bought me the Kindle. And I love it! It goes everywhere with me. It's nice and light, very easy to turn the pages, and easy to use. The backlight on it is really nice, and can be adjusted really easily. I love that the battery can last for weeks, and that it charges up pretty quickly. I would definitely recommend this to any book lover!
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
West Chester, PA
I have had my kindle paperwhite for a few years now and I love it! The battery life is great, its super compact, and great for vacations! Now I can bring 10 books to the beach with me without having to bring a whole suitcase. In addition, many books are cheaper when you buy them for your kindle. I love that you can change the brightness so you can read in a dark room or outside in the sun (both easily!). Definitely a must have if you love to read books!
Annie S.
Annie S.
Burbank, CA
I love books. I love books so much.

And I mostly love the smell and feel of real books- because, I just do.

But with a kindle- I love it too. I love having thousands of books. I love being able to read whenever- this is in my #purse from my #backpack to my #beachbag.

And at the beach? At the pool? No glare.

When my boyfriend is asleep, but I want to read?
Useful light, that doesn't bother him. At all.

I love the kindle. And I still love books.
Emily R.
Emily R.
How is the battery life?
Kortni A.
Kortni A.
Which is better Kindle or nook?
Camillia D.
Camillia D.
Singapore , Singapore
Is the kindle paperwhite the best?
Christiana G.
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Is this better than an iPad?
salvatore b.
salvatore b.
North Bergen, NJ
What's your favorite thing to read on the Kindle?