BY KINDLE #1 in eReaders

Buy on Amazon
  • "I also love how many books I can store on this, and that it is purely for reading, rather than trying to fit other uses in." in 12 reviews
  • "The battery life is great and I've only had to charge it a few times since I got it (maybe because I keep it on airplane mode most of the time)." in 11 reviews
  • "I hate reading things on a screen - I can sit on my laptop for a very long time if I am interacting or watching something, but when it comes to reading (an intense activity haha in terms of how focused your eyes get) my eyes just hurt a lot!." in 9 reviews
  • "It's so much easier to carry books around with you and pull them out whenever the desire to read strikes." in 9 reviews
  • "I love the touch screen, and the white back ground means I can even read in bed and not have to have the light on, Nice size love it." in 8 reviews
Marin O.
Really really enjoy my kindle!! It's so small and light which makes it so easy to carry around with me everywhere. I used to be one of those intense book people that always thought having the real thing in my hands felt better but now that I have this, the convenience of it has won me over. I can bring so many books with me on the plane or wherever and I can also download textbooks onto here too. The battery also lasts an eternity so that's also great.
Kelsee E.
Long Beach, CA
I was hesitant to buy a Kindle because I am truly the kind of person that loves the feeling of an actual book. However, I decided to splurge right before a trip to Europe because I am also the person that tries to pack 8 books and is then forced to choose what to actually take along.

I am so happy I gave this product a chance. I absolutely love my Kindle. Its easy to use and I truly don't feel like I'm reading a screen. I love how accessible all my books all the time. The only downside is the inability to share books once you are finished. Often times, I read a great book and share it with my friends or family...unfortunately with Kindle thats opportunity is gone. Overall though, I am very happy with this purchase!
Angie G.
Techie Expert Level 1
This is 1 of 3 Kindles I own and this one is my favorite. Like the others, it has exceptional storage capabilities, long battery life, access to Amazon's large database of ebooks (many of which are discounted or free), I can borrow ebooks from my local library and have them delivered directly to my Kindle via the Whispernet, but best of all this one has a back light! I can read in the dark without having to turn on the light and disturb my boyfriend. It's an amazing little device, I very highly recommend getting a Kindle above other e-readers.
emily j.
I really love my Kindle Paperwhite for so many reasons.
To begin, this item is a lifesaver if you are on a deadline and you want to know how far you are in a book. This product shows you the percentage of how far you are in the book. Additionally, it is extremely easy to just pick up where you left off because once you start the book, it just starts off where you left off.
Also, you can easily read when it is dark because this product is back lit. This means that you can easily see to read. However, the light isn't so harsh.
Any cons?
Yes, the only con, for me personally, is after awhile I missed the feel of book. It may just be me but I just missed being able to turn the pages and do simple things like that.
Therefore, do I recommend the product?
Yes! I would go and purchase it. Although, it is a big investment, it is totally worth every penny:)
Sara M.
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Just got one a few weeks ago and I’ve read a book and a half! Love this. I didn’t want one because I love real books, but was gifted this and surprisingly love it. I love how I can see how many minutes I have left per chapter and the dimming feature. I love using it in bed because I don’t have to fuss with how I hold my book while I read on my side. It doesn’t hurt my eyes. All around 100% fantastic!
Leila V.
Glendale, CA
I was always the kind of snob that would say she prefers to read a real book over online readers. Until I met one of my husband’s friend and she had a Kindle. I started with my normal speech and she said she was exactly like me but now she wouldn’t go back. That intrigued me. During Amazon Prime Day Kindle Paperwhite was on sale and after some thought I decided to get it. I still have a pile of physical books at home to read but Kindle definitely made my life easier. Now I can read in bed without getting tendinitis. It’s also extremely light to carry around and easy on the eyes no matter the environment you’re in. The downside is the lack of book smell, but who knows, maybe one day.
moriah c.
Massena, NY
It's just like my older Kindle but with a light. By that I mean no eye strain. It's not like looking at a computer screen or tablet at all. The ability to change the print size and font is a life changer. So is being able to own 1000's of books and not have to find physical space for them all. I do have 2 critiques 1. My paperwhite has a black, blurry bit on the bottom one inch or so of the screen that does not affect reading in any way. 2. This has nothing to do with this machine but ebooks in general. How is a paperback $5 and an ebook $10 for the same title? Books should have gotten tremendously cheaper with the invention of the ebook.
Cristina R.
Westerville, OH
I loveeeee my paper white. I used to have a small reading lamp on my kindle (or just a book) but it still woke my husband. This doesn’t and it’s affordable. I like that it’s sleek and feels good in your hands. I always recommend one when asked!  Kindle Paperwhite
Catherine R.
Techie Expert Level 1
This is the best E-Reader I have ever used. I love that there is an option to only have WiFi purchasing capability. If I can use data I tend to buy WAY too many books. I love the weight and height of this reader as well. It is just the right size to take pretty much everywhere. The new backlight capability is fantastic as well. It isn’t bright like a phone or iPad so it doesn’t hurt my eyes in lower light. The price is very reasonable. I have even signed up for kindle unlimited because I read so much. Over all it is a great product!
Samantha S.
Antioch, CA
I love this device. I use it on the airplane, at school, and while in the car. I use it once or twice a week. Sometimes I get confused where I can buy a kindle book. I would recommend to others. I bought it for sale on Black Friday.
Emily R.
How is the battery life?
Kortni A.
Which is better Kindle or nook?
Camillia D.
Singapore , Singapore
Is the kindle paperwhite the best?
Christiana G.
Rexford, NY
Is this better than an iPad?
salvatore b.
Hackensack, NJ
What's your favorite thing to read on the Kindle?