BY KINDLE #4 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Teresa M.
Newnan, GA
Best purchase EVER !! I still have my original Kindle & love it !! I thought I would miss having a hard copy book in my hands but I don't !!
Angie G.
Techie Expert Level 1
I bought this Kindle from Goodwill after I had the Kindle Touch for a few years and I love it just as much! It has an amazing battery life and storage capabilities, it's got access to tons of books for free and for discounted, I can set up my local library to borrow ebooks via Whispernet, and it's got buttons! I love this device and very highly recommend getting one for the book lover on your life.

Update: The screen broke! I'm really sad because I loved this Kindle more than my other 2 but apparently it's common for this device since it's so old. Sadly Amazon doesn't sell these anymore.
Dianne P.
I love my kindle!!! I got it years ago for my birthday and it is still going strong!!! It works just was well as it did on day one. I know they have come out with a bunch more fancy stuff since this came out but really this is all you need. I highly recommend this e-reader. Its durable, and works like a charm! :)
Shanita M.
Alexandria , VA
Techie Expert Level 1
This was the first kindle I owned and It was fine until the keyboard less ones started coming out. The keyboard was small and sometimes my fingers would touch the wrong letters. Mine would occasionally freeze sometimes too.
Kendall M.
Terre Haute, IN
Love my kindle. So easy convenient when your traveling or going on a long car ride. Gives you something to do to make time go fast.
Daiana L.
Techie Expert Level 1
Kindles are nice but they dedicated to read books. I would recommend it but I don't know it's up to you .
Tanya B.
Marion, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
My son is an advid reader so we got him this for all his ebooks. He loves fact the keyboard is attached unlike all his other readers. We have replaced two until this one. It's very durable. I'd recommend for teens and adults
Lisa M.
Coarsegold, CA
Having a keyboard at your fingertip rather than an onscreen keyboard made for easy maneuvering of books, looking up words in dictionary and ordering new books. Wish this item was still available.
Caitlin M.
Mine was great until it just stopped working. after 8 months it just wouldn't turn on no matter how much it charged, and then the screen started glitching. i bought a second one but the same thing happened
Abby Y.
Techie Expert Level 2
There are about a million tablet readers at this point, but this one remains my favorite. I actually prefer the keyboard version to the touch screens, because if I accidentally touch the screen - it doesn't exit out of the book or change my page. Also, I absolutely love the Kindle, and the fact that it is connected through Amazon. You can get some really good deals! I definitely recommend.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?