BY KINDLE #3 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Christina M.
Westborough, MA
I always loved the smell of new books, always loved the feeling of buying new, heavy ones to bring home, but they were taking to much space. Then a friend gave me a kindle as a birthday present. It was the best thing ever!!!! I buy books any time, and have it with me everywhere. In seconds I have any books I want!! And I am saving trees!!! I won't change my kindle for anything!!!
Tina M.
Appleton, WI
I bought the first generation kindle and love it still! I know technology has improved many of the features, but if you're simply looking for the convenience of electronic reading, it is simply the best. Easy on the eyes, easy to set up and use - highly recommend!
Heather Z.
This was my first electronic book device. It worked very well during the time I had it, however, after color devices came out I found that I liked my iPad much better. The battery life and glare of the kindle last much longer in the sun. They all have their pros and cons.
Vaughns C.
Camp Lejeune, NC
This version of my Kindle finally bit the dust but it by far my favorite! I do not like tablets and strictly an eReader fan and though I am grateful for my new Kindle. I really wish it still had the keyboard like this version. I hate that everything is touchscreen.
Robin J.
Collegeville, PA
I know there are so many new e-readers out there but I still love my tried and true kindle. The battery lasts a long time . If you belong to Amazon Prime you can borrow books for free. I can even borrow books through my library that get downloaded to my kindle.
Lauren P.
El Paso, TX
I had this kindle for about a year. I loved it! You could see the words clearly, and you could make the text bigger. It's great for people who are on a budget who want a Kindle for just reading. I had the cover with it with the built in light. That was GREAT!
Heather R.
Techie Expert Level 3
I have had my kindle since 2010 and it is still working flawlessly. I got it for traveling. It has a long battery life and is easy on my eyes. It is a good size, about the length and width of a paper back. It is easy to hold. I can see it lasting me several more years.
Natalia G.
I love my first kindle. If I wanted to stream movies or play games, I would've bought a laptop or a smart phone. This is for true reading and I love it. I would never upgrade to those with apps and movies and all that crap that isn't meant for a reading tablet.
Sarah K.
Conway, AR
So my husband had this and never used it. I recently started back with my reading and the price of books add up and they take up lots of space. He suggested I try out the Kindle and I love it! Books are almost half the price on amazon, as compared to paperbacks from the bookstore, and it's all in one slim device that I can easily take anywhere!
Karla R.
Brownsville, TX
I got it when it first came out as a birthday gift. I feel in love with it, it's so easy to use and to get books in it. Great for someone who loves to read, without the distraction of getting Facebook notifications, etc. My boys got the newest kindle fire this past Xmas and they love it. I got to try it and it made me appreciate mine even more.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Techie Expert Level 1
Who wants it?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?