BY KINDLE #4 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Matt M.
catonsville, MD
The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used. I have had one for 3 years, and have yet to be disappointed in it. There are plenty of free books from the kindle store, and makes college far easier from being able to carry a semester's worth of text books in a small package.
Chrys A.
I love using my kindle keyboard. I use it all week long to read, I probably use it too much. The only problem I have with it is that it will lose my page randomly at times if I don't make sure to bookmark it, I also have the problem of the page going black at times but if I change the page and then go back it's gone.
Tiffany H.
Shrewsbury, MA
My mom got one of these Kindle Keyboards when the kindle first came out. It has gotten miles and miles and miles of use. It is your basic e-reader and she loved it because she could read it in full sunlight, she liked the built in dictionary, able to keep notes, etc. The keyboard makes it easier for her to keep notes and look things up.

While we love it, we're upgrading! I have a Kindle Paperwhite and she is getting the Kindle Fire! :)
Kya M.
Aurora, IL
This is probably the best gift I have ever received. And this is after 7 years of having it. The amount of space on this is crazy. I have almost 600 books on mine and still have space for more. The battery life is beyond impressive. There have been many new versions released but I am still just as happy with the original. It is so lightweight and thin that I sometimes forget I have it. This is a must have for any avid reader!
Yvette B.
I love my Kindle! It makes it easier to read whatever book I want at the right time. I don't need to carry around bulky books, or a bag to take them all with me. As long as I charge it up, its good to go. The battery last a long time. I only charge it maybe every 10 days or so, and that is if I read a lot!
Jessica M.
I got mine a few years back, and even though I've since gotten a Kindle Fire HD, I still use my Kindle keyboard for reading because it is lighter and there is no glare at all. It's pretty much just like reading a regular book, except that your thumb doesn't get tired from holding it up, and it's easier to read in bed!
Rhiannon G.
My first and only kindle. I love it, eventually I will probably get a paper white but I do love my original kindle. I have so many books and its great that when I finish a book that I have others I can start then where as if I take a book and finish it I Don't have another to start. It also saves room for packing as well, as a lot of books do take a lot of space where as a the kindle is small but holds a lot!
autum s.
I really enjoy how simple the touch is. It isn't a tablet, its just for my books. I love that I can hold it with one hand and still easily flip through the pages. The only thing I don't love about it is that it is hard to read at night. I have a case with the light attached to it but its still difficult to read in bed. Other than that, I think its a great and easy to use way to read my favorite books.
Mandie T.
Lake Charles, LA
I have owned two of these and I ♥ it. This electronic device saves me so much space and the battery life is out of this world. I wish my phone had this kind of battery. I owned one with 3g and the other was wifi. Both were great. I dropped my first one from a tall counter and it quit worker. The 2nd one I dropped in water. I ALWAYS had it with me. So, now I'm on my 3rd but it's a kindle paperwhite.
Christina M.
Anthony , NM
This was my first kindle and I absolutely loved it! But then one day it just stopped working. The screen began to get white lines, the screen was stuck in one spot and it gave out after 5 months of having it. I called Amazon and researched how to fix it and turned out that, this happens a lot to this kindle that's why it's no longer being made. I would've given it an A if it had lasted me longer.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Techie Expert Level 1
Who wants it?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?