BY KINDLE #3 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Abby Y.
Techie Expert Level 2
There are about a million tablet readers at this point, but this one remains my favorite. I actually prefer the keyboard version to the touch screens, because if I accidentally touch the screen - it doesn't exit out of the book or change my page. Also, I absolutely love the Kindle, and the fact that it is connected through Amazon. You can get some really good deals! I definitely recommend.
Amanda B.
Simi Valley, CA
I've had my Kindle Keyboard for over 3 years now, and I still love using it. I mostly use it as a device to view PDFs of knitting and crochet patterns I have downloaded, since I don't want to waste paper or printer ink. For a while it worked great, but then I'd have patterns I can't read because of the font size or color, and I was afraid I'd have to switch to Kindle Fire, which probably wouldn't suit me since you can't make collections on it. But I never realized I could zoom in on my Kindle Keyboard, so I love it even more.
Jolie E.
Peabody, MA
I received my Kindle with Keyboard for Christmas 2 1/2 years ago and absolutely loved it. It went everywhere with me. And I mean everywhere. When my family and I took a camping vacation, it went with me. I had only one problem with it and that was it froze while I was reading one day. Luckily, we were able to fix the problem within 10 mins and I was on my way.
Michelle D.
Worcester, MA
I made the switch to an eReader about 3 years ago, and I never looked back. I have hundreds of books in my purse at all times, I can read in the sun without hurting my eyes, and I don't need to worry about keeping a paperback open to my page. Combined with the lighted case from Amazon, this is the one thing I never leave my house without!

The charge on this lasts for weeks, if the wireless is turned off, and with the free 3G I can always download new books no matter where I am!
Bre D.
Grand Rapids, Mi
I had gotten the kindle ereader only for reading books, no web browsing. I used it for about 4 years without any issues. It was perfect for what I needed it for. On black Friday I purchased a fire 7 for only $35 so now I use that instead.... I love using it for both books and the web. My kindle now sits on my treatmill for use on that only.
Stacie W.
I received the Kindle Keyboard as a gift two years back from my sister. . I immediately downloaded books from Amazon and started organizing my collection. Within a few weeks, my child cracked the screen. I can still read books on it, but have to keep rotating the screen. I also still can listen to books. I do miss playing games on it. Getting a kindle fire soon and hopefully, I can transfer my books and collections from one to another. The kindle did come with a protective case.
Desiree P.
Wyoming, MI
I purchased the kindle keyboard when I decided to get back into reading, and didn't want to purchase paperbacks. I also didn't want to bog down my phone storage space with books. I found a great deal on the Keyboard and gave it a try. It is perfect! All I needed it for was to read, and thats all it does. There is plenty of room for every book I own, (which is a lot), and lets me organize them how I want to. Syncs wonderful from both Send to Kindle and Whispersync.
Hannah G.
Lynchburg, VA
Battery life is great. Image is clear. This kindle is my favorite. Super simple, super easy. Search a book, buy it, and voilà! No wacky touch screen to mess with, easy keyboard access. No glare from the screen and obviously doesn't shine in your eyes because it doesn't have light. All around great.
Chrys A.
I love using my kindle keyboard. I use it all week long to read, I probably use it too much. The only problem I have with it is that it will lose my page randomly at times if I don't make sure to bookmark it, I also have the problem of the page going black at times but if I change the page and then go back it's gone.
Matt M.
catonsville, MD
The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used. I have had one for 3 years, and have yet to be disappointed in it. There are plenty of free books from the kindle store, and makes college far easier from being able to carry a semester's worth of text books in a small package.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Techie Expert Level 1
Who wants it?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?