BY KINDLE #4 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Alexa L.
Sewell, NJ
I love my kindle keyboard. I also love that it has an e-ink screen. A lot of the time the screens that have back lighting like an ipad, hurt my eyes after a while. With my kindle I can read for as long as I like and my eyes don't hurt from the screen. I also really love having actual keys, its a bit nostalgic of what electronics used to be like. It's very light and easy to pack up and take with you everyday, or on a trip. It has wifi accessibility, and some are 3g which is even better. You also get a discount on books, just like other kindles. The best thing is, it's the cheapest kindle now because there are more recent versions. It might be close to only sixty bucks. It holds so many books, and you can organize the books into individual folders. I love it!
Sandra T.
Romeoville, IL
I purchased my first Kindle with money I saved from being a part of an online panel for almost a year. Even though I have an iPhone5 and Kindle Fire now, I still love my first Kindle. I take it with me everywhere and there is no better way to carry my favorite books around with me! I also love how I can buy a new book the minute I finish the one I've been reading! I've been a reader all my life and I never thought that I could give up my hardback books, but Kindle made a believer out of me! I was in a bad car accident over three years ago and had injured my hands pretty bad. It was hard for me to hold a book in my hands and I decided it was time to try a Kindle. I've been in love with my Kindle ever since!
Tonja B.
Bellingham, WA
My first eReader ever. I would have bought it again but it's discontinued. You can buy it still, I just recommended buying from Amazon. Mine broke and they sent me a replacement within 2 days. I had the one with 3g si I didn't have to connect to WiFi which was a plus. You can download from thousands of books, and you can carry all your books in one lightweight book. I often forget I'm reading from a ereader and try to turn the page like I would any book. I do recommend investing in a Kindle. This is a awesome electronic.
Caitlin M.
Valdosta, GA
I received my Kindle Keyboard for my sixteenth birthday and have used it nearly every day since. Mine was broken at school four times-twice from having someone carelessly smash their bookbag down on it and twice from people dropping my purse to the floor and it not being in its case at that moment. All four times Amazon's warranty ensure that my Kindle was replace. The last event took place a week before my warranty expired, but Amazon's policy will ensure the replacement for an extra two months. It is super convenient to take on trips and I'm excited to know that when I start college in the fall I can continue with my reading without having to clutter up my dorm room with books.
Halley L.
I have a really old version of the Kindle with a keyboard and no touch screen. I like it and it is nice to use, but I do find myself reaching for print books more often, especially for school. I like that with physical print books, you can mark pages and flip to them easily; with Kindle, you can highlight things but it takes time, and it saves them as a separate book called "My Clippings." For study purposes, it's better to read normal books, but for travel, it can be nice.
Teddi K.
Lafayette, LA
I've always been partial to tangible books, and still lean towards those, but i can keep all the classics on my kindle. They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me. it acts like a book in that you have to have proper lighting to read it. it's also nice that you can adjust font size of the books and when you turn it off on a certain page, it automatically bookmarks your spot.
Spring H.
Milwaukee, WI
I absolutely love this! My fiance gave me his when his mom gifted him her kindle fire tablet, and although the screens are super easy for me to break, I treasure mine! I can put my college texts and novels on it along with my for leisure reading materials, and its super light, and not bulky, so I never have to worry about carrying a ton of heavy books with me wherever I go. Also, I rarely use the 3G capabilities, so my battery lasts forever it seems!
Leslie A.
Ashville, AL
I have had my Kindle Keyboard for 2 years. I prefer to read books on my Kindle over my Mac, or my iPad. Kindle Keyboard is has an e-ink display which I prefer over the lighted screens...I actually purchased this Kindle because I wanted to lessen the strain on my eyes and no glare. I'm an avid note taker and I also love to keep track of my favorite quotes in a book so the keyboard feature is convenient. I think its easier to navigate with the keyboard though many people think its dated (I got a super great deal on it too). If you plan to read at night or in the dark you need a book light.
Heather P.
I don't have this model. I have the one after it, same idea though. I love it! at first I fought buying one, because I do love feeling a book in my hand, spelling the ink and paper! turning the page, but a few things turned my mind to getting one. One: I was running out of room for books in my room. two : I was running out of money to buy my books.three: I got my kindle for $20 on amazon, because I was a valued customer ! so it was an amazing buy! I have 79 books on my kindle right now, even got some in a series I was reading, that were no longer in printed form! love it!
Crystal G.
Bell, CA
This is the first Kindle I've owned, I got it about two years ago and it's still working great. I've never really had any problems with it at all and I'm so happy about that. The battery life is still amazing, too! What I love most about this is that it's simple. All I want to do on a Kindle is read. I don't need any extra stuff. If I want to watch youtube, listen to music, surf the web, or check facebook then I'll use my computer. I've never really understood the need to have so much other stuff on an e-reader. The simpler, the better. I love that I can also buy a book with just a click and it's there in seconds ready for me to read! I just love my Kindle Keyboard and wouldn't trade it for any of the new ones out there.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Techie Expert Level 1
Who wants it?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?