Kindle Keyboard uploaded by Başak S.Kindle Keyboard uploaded by Sam H.Kindle Keyboard uploaded by Teresa M.

BY KINDLE #3 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Tonja B.
Bellingham, WA
My first eReader ever. I would have bought it again but it's discontinued. You can buy it still, I just recommended buying from Amazon. Mine broke and they sent me a replacement within 2 days. I had the one with 3g si I didn't have to connect to WiFi which was a plus. You can download from thousands of books, and you can carry all your books in one lightweight book. I often forget I'm reading from a ereader and try to turn the page like I would any book. I do recommend investing in a Kindle. This is a awesome electronic.
Caitlin M.
Valdosta, GA
I received my Kindle Keyboard for my sixteenth birthday and have used it nearly every day since. Mine was broken at school four times-twice from having someone carelessly smash their bookbag down on it and twice from people dropping my purse to the floor and it not being in its case at that moment. All four times Amazon's warranty ensure that my Kindle was replace. The last event took place a week before my warranty expired, but Amazon's policy will ensure the replacement for an extra two months. It is super convenient to take on trips and I'm excited to know that when I start college in the fall I can continue with my reading without having to clutter up my dorm room with books.
Halley L.
Techie Expert Level 1
I have a really old version of the Kindle with a keyboard and no touch screen. I like it and it is nice to use, but I do find myself reaching for print books more often, especially for school. I like that with physical print books, you can mark pages and flip to them easily; with Kindle, you can highlight things but it takes time, and it saves them as a separate book called "My Clippings." For study purposes, it's better to read normal books, but for travel, it can be nice.
Spring H.
Milwaukee, WI
I absolutely love this! My fiance gave me his when his mom gifted him her kindle fire tablet, and although the screens are super easy for me to break, I treasure mine! I can put my college texts and novels on it along with my for leisure reading materials, and its super light, and not bulky, so I never have to worry about carrying a ton of heavy books with me wherever I go. Also, I rarely use the 3G capabilities, so my battery lasts forever it seems!
Teddi K.
Lafayette, LA
I've always been partial to tangible books, and still lean towards those, but i can keep all the classics on my kindle. They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me. it acts like a book in that you have to have proper lighting to read it. it's also nice that you can adjust font size of the books and when you turn it off on a certain page, it automatically bookmarks your spot.
Leslie A.
Ashville, AL
I have had my Kindle Keyboard for 2 years. I prefer to read books on my Kindle over my Mac, or my iPad. Kindle Keyboard is has an e-ink display which I prefer over the lighted screens...I actually purchased this Kindle because I wanted to lessen the strain on my eyes and no glare. I'm an avid note taker and I also love to keep track of my favorite quotes in a book so the keyboard feature is convenient. I think its easier to navigate with the keyboard though many people think its dated (I got a super great deal on it too). If you plan to read at night or in the dark you need a book light.
Heather P.
I don't have this model. I have the one after it, same idea though. I love it! at first I fought buying one, because I do love feeling a book in my hand, spelling the ink and paper! turning the page, but a few things turned my mind to getting one. One: I was running out of room for books in my room. two : I was running out of money to buy my books.three: I got my kindle for $20 on amazon, because I was a valued customer ! so it was an amazing buy! I have 79 books on my kindle right now, even got some in a series I was reading, that were no longer in printed form! love it!
Normèa B.
Detroit, MI
I fell in love with this device when I purchased it a few years ago. I had all my books at my fingertips & I could organize things in folders - it was awesome. Then it started acting up. It wouldn't charge properly, I had to reset it almost everyday, until finally, it just gave up on me. I contacted Amazon to see what the service options were - hoping they could refurbish it & I would be all set. I was saddened when I was told there was nothing they could do for me, but they would offer me (what I considered a lesser model) for a discounted price.
Crystal G.
Bell, CA
This is the first Kindle I've owned, I got it about two years ago and it's still working great. I've never really had any problems with it at all and I'm so happy about that. The battery life is still amazing, too! What I love most about this is that it's simple. All I want to do on a Kindle is read. I don't need any extra stuff. If I want to watch youtube, listen to music, surf the web, or check facebook then I'll use my computer. I've never really understood the need to have so much other stuff on an e-reader. The simpler, the better. I love that I can also buy a book with just a click and it's there in seconds ready for me to read! I just love my Kindle Keyboard and wouldn't trade it for any of the new ones out there.
Abby Y.
Techie Expert Level 2
There are about a million tablet readers at this point, but this one remains my favorite. I actually prefer the keyboard version to the touch screens, because if I accidentally touch the screen - it doesn't exit out of the book or change my page. Also, I absolutely love the Kindle, and the fact that it is connected through Amazon. You can get some really good deals! I definitely recommend.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Techie Expert Level 1
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Who wants it?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?