BY KINDLE #4 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Angi W.
Techie Expert Level 1
I love my kindle to bits. I've had it forever and it holds so many books! My first one broke and amazon replaced it for free. I like to read while I'm traveling and I used to reserve 10 lbs in my suitcase for books. Now it's just a little weight in my carry on!!
Edyline E.
Techie Expert Level 1
I still use thos product! Don't see no reason to upgrade. It has never given me problems. It's simple and has all of my books organized and in one place. I love it, the books immediately download into my kindle and I'm glad I don't need WiFi to read it!
Shanita M.
Alexandria , VA
Techie Expert Level 1
This was the first kindle I owned and It was fine until the keyboard less ones started coming out. The keyboard was small and sometimes my fingers would touch the wrong letters. Mine would occasionally freeze sometimes too.
Kristin L.
Lenoir, NC
If you're looking for a simple ereader the kindle is a great way to go. With built in 3G internet you can download books anywhere rather than worrying if you're connected to wifi.

I find that this kindle is actually easier to read by than a kindle fire as I accidentally hit the screen and flip the page on a touch screen.

The one con is that there is no backlight so without the presence of a book light to clip to your fire it is impossible to read in bed or in the dark.

This kindle is a basic e-reader. You can go on the internet but it is extremely slow. If you're looking for internet capability to go along with your e-reader then this probably isn't the product for you.

Tanya B.
Marion, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
My son is an advid reader so we got him this for all his ebooks. He loves fact the keyboard is attached unlike all his other readers. We have replaced two until this one. It's very durable. I'd recommend for teens and adults
Amber G.
1307 W Lincoln Highway Apartment #1119 DeKalb,IL
Techie Expert Level 1
It's nice where you can download books. It nice to have the option of a book or a digital book.You can read a full book. It is easy to use. I haven't experienced any problems. I was very satisfied. I would recommend buying a kindle.
Gabrielle L.
Amarillo, TX
I have a lot of books on here, but I still have a lot of room to keep loading books. I look to see if the other can hold a lot of books, they didn't come close to how much this can hold. It holds like 2,000 books, I think it does. It mite hold more then that. I like that it a size of a paper back, I also like that it's lite. And it fits in side my purse, when I'm on the go. I take it to the book store to see if the book is cheep to get it at the store, or to get it on line. But sometime I have it to see what books in a series they are in, when I'm at a book store. To also see what is coming out in young adult, to see if there is more by that author while I'm there. And if you read really fast, you can download a lot of books. And for people who review a lot of books, and need that space to have the books for review. They mite consider this as a option, like it hold a lot of books, and it's easy to learn how to use.
Miranda V.
Techie Expert Level 4
I really really really love my e-reader! I love books but they take up a lot of space in my little apartment so this is great to keep all my books in one small place on my tablet and I love how long it stays charged and the display is great on it!
Karen S.
Dubuque, IA
I bought my first Kindle Keyboard back in 2010 when they were whopping expensive. I didn't think I'd ever be interested in an eReader, because I love books and reading, and I was in library school at the time, but let me tell you, that Kindle quickly became my best traveling companion. It is much lighter and easier to cart around than a half-dozen books, even paperbacks. Buying new ones takes seconds via the built-in data transfer. And I loved the read-aloud function; that got me through hours and hours of driving around the US alone. Much easier than changing audio book CDs every few miles. It was a sad day for me when the power port simply snapped. I guess this was a problem with Kindle Keyboards. I bought a Paperwhite to replace it, but it wouldn't read to me. The Kindle Fire HD would read to me, however, there are no options to change voice or pace. Amazon is not very nice about repair, either; they want you to buy a new device, not fix your old one. They won't repair or tell you how to get your device repaired, either. Shame, Amazon. This was a wonderful product. Sure wish you'd supported it. I now own a $300 brick.
Jenny S.
West Covina, CA
Love it! I received this as a gift and love it. I like how it is easy on the eyes and very user friendly. Downloading books from Amazon with the one-click purchase button makes it so easy and it delivers quickly to your Kindle. I like how you can flip it sideways and enlarge the fonts. There are also other uses besides reading. You can play games on it and use it for audio books as well. The only thing I do not like is that the page numbers are always a bit off and when I switch from large to small font (or vice versa) it seems to move the pages for me. But overall, a great e-reader.

I can also download pdf files directly onto my Kindle to use. I read a lot of scientific articles so it makes it perfect for on the go reading. The only downside to this is the fact that it is not color. The newer version looks better because the pages are more white and it is in color. I also have 3G on here (no extra charges) but never had the opportunity to use that function to download books.
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Who wants it?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?