BY KINDLE #4 in eReaders

Kindle Keyboard
  • "(thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight." in 13 reviews
  • "The body on mine separated a few years ago, but it hasn't broken or become significantly damaged since." in 10 reviews
  • "The charge will last for a round 3 books, and will stay charged over a long time if not used." in 6 reviews
  • "They offer so many free books, like frankenstein and dracula and dr. jekyl and mr hyde, that it makes it worth it for me." in 5 reviews
Angie G.
Techie Expert Level 1
I bought this Kindle from Goodwill after I had the Kindle Touch for a few years and I love it just as much! It has an amazing battery life and storage capabilities, it's got access to tons of books for free and for discounted, I can set up my local library to borrow ebooks via Whispernet, and it's got buttons! I love this device and very highly recommend getting one for the book lover on your life.

Update: The screen broke! I'm really sad because I loved this Kindle more than my other 2 but apparently it's common for this device since it's so old. Sadly Amazon doesn't sell these anymore.
Rachel C.
I love my kindle and use it pretty much everyday. The built in 3G is a life saver! There is no sun glare and the built in light is such a great feature. Way better than an iPad for reading.
Erin C.
Techie Expert Level 2
I don't even remember how old this Kindle is but I've had it since before iPads were even a thing. It still works great and it's so cool. I can actually use free 3G on it to go online if I need to or use the 3G to download books if I'm away from Wifi. The new kindles are just okay compared to this one. It is the OG and I'll never get rid of it.
Hayley A.
Richmond, VA
Techie Expert Level 2
I researched the purchase of a Kindle for a long time. I couldn't decide whether or not it was worth buying a dedicated e-reader. Boy am I glad I made this purchase. The downside to Amazon's online selling of Kindle 3 is that the customers don't get to see it in person. It is much better in person. This may sound stupid, but when I got my new Kindle, I thought there was a stuck-on overlay on the screen containing a diagram of the unit's buttons, etc. I actually tried to peel it off. Doh! The e-ink on this unit is THAT good. I didn't realize that I was staring at the actual display. I also didn't realize that no power is required until the display changes. (thus the great battery life) I do a lot of reading, but was facing the prospect of reading less or buying large type books because of my variable and deteriorating eyesight. The new Kindle has been a godsend. Now, I can decide the size of type I need depending on my level of fatigue among other things. The weight and ergonomics are very good. For someone, like me, with neuropathy in his hands, it is extremely easy to manage and enjoyable to own. To me, it is easier to read than print books. The ease of navigation is great as is the speed. The battery life, so far, has been extraordinary. It easily connected to our home Wi-Fi, which by design does not broadcast an SSID. It downloads books so fast that I almost thought they were not completely received. I did not buy the 3G version because of the price difference and the fact that there is no coverage where I live. If you are not constantly traveling, I don't see the need to spend the extra bucks, but that is a matter of personal choice. For those who have no Wi-Fi at home, remember that you can always download the material to your computer and transfer it via USB. Just today I was watching an interview with Tony Blair on TV. He was talking about his new book, which sounded interesting. I picked up the Kindle and downloaded a free sample before the interview was over. I have only read the preface so far, but will probably buy the book. Now THAT is a great way to buy a book! I haven't used online browsing extensively yet, but find it reasonable for what the device is. This is primarily a book reader, not a laptop or notebook. They are great for what they do, but can't match the e-ink display, or the light weight. For those of you worrying about the wait for the new Kindle, let me end with, "It is worth the wait" This new Kindle is all about the quality of experience. There are many format choices for electronic reading. If you want the best experience, go with the Kindle.
Robin C.
Bergenfield, NJ
My first Kindle, fondly remembered! This was the Kindle that got me obsessed with eBooks. I loved the ease of it and still miss the page turning buttons along the sides of the screen that future versions lacked. For an avid reader, nothing beats having hundreds of books always at your fingertips, and this Kindle was the device that made me a convert for life!
Elizabeth G.
East Moline, IL
This is the first Kindle that I owned and I really fell in love with many things about it. I loved having all my books easily accessible in one device. It made taking books with me so easy. I never had to pick and choose what to take, I never had to worry about having a bookmark handy, I never had to worry about running out of things to read. I really loved that Kindle accepts so many forms of ebooks. If I happen to buy or win an ebook and it's not in kindle format but it's in PDF format that's fine, Kindle will automatically format it for you through email. It has an auto read function on it that while it is quite buggy and annoying can come in handy. (say you really have to leave to go somewhere but haven't finished reading that chapter you were on) You can just take your book with you and let it read to you on the way. It can also occupy you on long trips like a book on tape. Just beware of the crazy robot voice that doesn't know the difference between wind (like blowing in the breeze) and wind (like you wind a clock).. when it repeats that same mistake for the 100th time in the same book you will want to scream lol... Still all that was relatively alright. My main problem with it was it's just not reliable. I have went through 4 of them already. Yep you got that right!! 4 sigh... I just do not know how it is possible to have that many mess up so easily. The first one I bought I took with me on a trip and it was summer time, I left it in the car one day and that night it would not work. I bought another one, this one stopped working when I went to the pool one day. It didn't get near the water it was just left in my beach bag and wouldn't work when I got home. By this time I had learned that they were not very happy around heat and I called Amazon and told them of my problem with the 2 previous kindles I had purchased. They were both under warranty so they replaced them both and I had 2 brand new ones. I gave one to my Friend as a gift and kept the 3rd. Unfortunately the 3rd one started acting up after only 2 months for no reason I could determine so I called Amazon again. They replaced it again and sent me a free protective case as well. So now I have my 5th actual Kindle "my personal 4th" along with a protective case which is supposed to provide protection against bumps and drops and all that good stuff. Well it didn't do a good job, it accidentally got knocked off the bookshelf and the top 1 and 1/2 inches of the LCD screen are frozen in place. But now it's out of warranty so I am on my own and while I have thought about buying a Kindle Fire, I am super leery as many problems as I had out of the older version. I can still use mine but I have to let it auto read to me so I can catch what's on the first paragraph of each page but sometimes I don't bother and just use my computer to read my ebooks.
Tina E.
Cabot, AR
I purchased my mom a Kindle Keyboard a few years ago and she absolutely loves to read her books on it rather than reading a regular paperback book. She likes the fact that she can carry all of her books in one place and read them anytime she feels like it. The kindle Keyboard is a fantastic product that I would definitely recommend.
Dianne P.
I love my kindle!!! I got it years ago for my birthday and it is still going strong!!! It works just was well as it did on day one. I know they have come out with a bunch more fancy stuff since this came out but really this is all you need. I highly recommend this e-reader. Its durable, and works like a charm! :)
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL
Techie Expert Level 2
I had the Kindle for almost 6 years now. I fell in love with this Kindle. I use it only to read books. I did not experience any problems from it like I hear some people who did. It is very affordable. It is good to have if you are someone who love to read books and do not want books taking up physical space in your home. I'm not the type of person who enjoyed the physical feeling of a book. Like I said before, I like to use the Kindle for reading books. I do not use the other features such as going online to other websites. I have a computer or tablet for that. It is the same about listening to music. I have an iPod for that. I like to use devices for what they are made for because other features are not meant for that device. I do not mind having different devices for different things. I rather read a book on my Kindle than on an iPod or tablet. The Kindle have the black and white look of a book. I do not have to worry about a light glaring on the Kindle screen when I am reading.
lindsay F.
I absolutely love this product I got it for Christmas a couple years ago I use it for nursing school for referencing on different books also just any book in general I love to read and also this is not only for adults with this is for children teenagers my daughter loves reading on this I have so many books for her she's able to look at it turn the pages she feels like she's in control with book and it's absolutely amazing to see her enjoy reading and I love this because it's easy and convenient I have so many books stored on here and it being able to purchase books is so easy through the Amazon Kindle Store I highly recommend this for anybody I really wish I had a light with it on the back but I do put my book light on it so that I can read it at night I love taking this with me it's like it's convenient instead it's beautiful the pictures in the quality I had to recommend this for everybody can purchase it on Amazon

#mycultclassics #ilovebooks #college #reading
Myriam J.
East Orange, NJ
Would you buy it again?
Rachel K.
Auburn, WA
Do you think the new Kindle Fire is better?
Riley D.
Bear
Is this better than the nook?
Stephanie S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Techie Expert Level 1
Who wants it?
Christina k.
Las Vegas, NV
Techie Expert Level 2
How much does this cost?