Kindle Fire HD6 8GB Tablet with Special Offers - Black uploaded by Julie M.

BY KINDLE

Kindle Fire HD6 8GB Tablet with Special Offers - Black see more...

Julie M.
Newport, MI
I am using this tablet now and i am in love. I have upgraded every time they come out with new kindles. I have had the original up until now. I love kindles so much i will never use any other tablet. It is fast ,great to play games, read ,etc
Emily L.
New Carlisle, OH
Prior to purchasing the Kindle Fire HD 6, I owned an older model of the Kindle Fire. What I first noticed is that the screen is far smaller than what I'm used to. With that being said, I absolutely LOVE the small size, as it is practical, easy to carry around, and much easier to handle. I found the reading experience to be far more comfortable than that of its larger counterpart.

What I loved the most about the Kindle is the GoodReads integration. I'm an avid reader and have only recently started using GoodReads regularly, so it's become somewhat of an obsession for me.

On the other hand, I must say that I noticed the Kindle was slow at times, the speakers leave much to be desired, and there have also been moments when my Kindle just starts to make weird sounds. I thought that was odd, but turned down the volume and let it sit for a bit, and the sound had stopped. I never did figure out what it was.

I'd recommend this to those of you looking for a low-cost eReader. It's not an iPad, nor is it a Samsung, but the reading experience can't be beat.
Magan V.
Nevada , TX
I bought five of these Kindles when they first came out and gave them as gifts for both my parents (in their sixties), my two children (who were three and five at the time) and my nephew who was also five. I like the parental controls I can set so my kids can't be on the device between 8 pm and 8 AM and even without the extra kid's controls on it, I can still make everything password protected and make it so they can't do things like getting on the internet or purchase apps. It also works really well for my parents who aren't very tech savvy but found it easy to use, even connecting on airplanes.
Jimmaria F.
MOBILE, AL
I really wanted to love this tablet but couldn't. It's easy to use but lacks something so dear to me, chrome. I couldn't download Chrome. That loses respect from me for tablet uses. If you need chrome, do not purchase this tablet. It is great for reading and games but not much else.
Jennifer S.
I am personally not into tablets (my laptop and phone are enough for me) but I bought a Kindle Fire for my kids to play with since they're getting into electronics. Amazon makes a different 'Kids Edition' Fire tablet that's more expensive, but I just bought this basic Fire and added the Amazon FreeTime subscription and it's perfect for my kids. Amazon's app store is super limited, so if you have kids the FreeTime subscription is a must-have since it offers a lot more kid-friendly apps and books. The basic Fire doesn't have much storage space, so a memory card would probably be needed. If you're looking for a tablet with tons of features this wouldn't be it, but if you want something for children or something that just does the basics this is fine. I haven't experienced any issues with it, and it's great for the price.
Miranda V.
Techie Expert Level 4
I really really really love my e-reader! I love books but they take up a lot of space in my little apartment so this is great to keep all my books in one small place on my tablet and I love how long it stays charged and the display is great on it!
Gabriella D.
Hamden, CT
I have a kindle and I really like it there cheaper than a iPad and do all the same stuff and are reliable and work great so why would you go pay all that money for a iPad when you can get a kindle cheaper save money and have a great tablet I would recommend the kindle fire
Richelle M.
Bartlett, Il
I mainly use my tablet for reading and did not think I would use for much else. I do use it much more than I planned and love that I can take in trips with me and watch movies and shows in car and on planes. If I am tired of doing that there is always music
Angela P.
Waldorf, MD
Techie Expert Level 1
This little tablet works unbelievably well. It is very affordable. Also I love the size. Not to big or small... Perfect for travel of to keep a child busy while thinking errands. It is very easy to operate and sync with your amazon account.
Brynn H.
For the price this tablet is pretty solid.My son has dropped it and I have too but the screen is still like new,no scratches or cracks.The display and sound are good.The biggest downfall in my opinion is that you can't expand your memory with an SD card because there's no slot for one and for that reason alone it gets 4 stars.