Kindle Fire

Kindle Fire this Kindle is like an iPad ow more like a Kindle Paperwhite?
I Am looking to purchase a tablet for reading and would appreciate input on the Kindle fire?
What is the best kids tablet to get Kindle Fire ?
Start your review of Kindle Fire!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...free downloadable ones are good to read and pass the time, I can also play games.” in reviews
“I'm able to read books when ever I want and also the fact that it is a tablet as well makes things even more convenient for so that I have both in one small device. ” in reviews
“It is a nice escape, not to mention long battery life, no hesitation in game, smooth streaming of videos and the only problem is when I use it to long it gets a little warm. ” in reviews
“It's also good to read books and watch movies/tv shows, but there are a lot of apps that are not available for this kkindle” in reviews
“...when it came out and my fiance bought me the Kindle Fire for christmas last year.” in reviews
Shreveport
I've got a kindle 10.1Screen it is come out ahead been out very long but I love this kindle it's got a speech to text It has Hey Louder speaker. I have a smaller kindle not sure what the sizes but it was a lot cheaper but I like the larger that I have I like that it can read books for me even if I don't buy the This speech for the books because I have gotten some books that do not have the speech but I know how to get to speech to read the book it's just kind of a pain to get it to read and get it to turn off Butt I would suggest getting then 10.1 I was suggest getting this kindle because it's the best 1 in my opinion but What to eat is on But try this 1 out and I think you'll like this 1 better than the rest of them So give it a go And I like that the amazon will always help Help you when you need it except for why we have this virus that's out right now they are closed that they have a website that will help you out
Belleville, IL
Hands down my favorite tablet for myself and my children.  I find the user interface and options are easy to use and customize and since I read most of my books from Amazon, buying and downloading those onto it are super easy.  I use this more to check my email and go online than any other internet capable device in the house.  The children's versions are easy to use and I like the fact that everything they have access to is kid friendly and I can always block games and shows I don't want them watching with ease.  I've had my kindle for...at least 8 years I think and its never given me a single problem.  I will absolutely buy another kindle when mine finally goes out.
Norwalk, OH
1,050 reviews
I'm a big reader and it's hard to find space for all of the books I read. Keeping my books on my Kindle Fire makes it so much easier. My tablet is easy to use, light weight and very portable. I can also plays games and search the web, and add my social media and watch videos. It's great for tossing in my bag so I have my books with me anytime I'm waiting for appointments or waiting to pick up from kids from their activities. I have a first gen Fire 7 and it has taken a beating over the years. But it still works like it's brand new. I can also put the Kindle Reader app on my phone and pick up reader where I left off if I dont have my Kindle with me.
CA, CA
I was gift the Kindle in my early teens. I always loved reading since I was very little and wanted something where I would all my favorite authors and their novels 24/7. This was probably the 2nd best thing after a physical copy of a book of course. I was able to buy so many books and read samples from the Kindle. I set up my Amazon account and Audible. It's great to take on road trips or on planes so you can read to pass the time or if you just love reading. The Kindle also allows you to download other apps like Netflix. Youtube, Facebook, etc.
Linden, VA
Techie Expert Level 1
I like it it's just hard finding some apps. There's also an option for other users, like my kids, but it's impossible to be able to use it without constantly being connected to the internet. Removing apps are crazy. Because you have to figure out how to remove them from both users and then the tablet itself. There's a lot of flaws in this tablet. You also need constant connection for it, but it has no problem playing commercials/ads not connected to the internet...which is stupid in itself. I almost hate the tablet anymore honestly.
Dorchester, MA
I love love love my kindle fire. I bought it when they were on sale on amazon you got a case and the kindle fire for $50. Such a great deal. I mostly use it for reading but have used it for the internet and other apps. The one downside is I find the battery life isnt the greatest but I find shutting it down between uses since I mostly use it for reading before bed the battery stays a lot longer.I also love that it has low power mode as well as blue light filter which makes it great for reading before bed!
Philadelphia , PA
It was neat at first to have something to use that was bigger than my phone but not bulky like a laptop. But I have an older version, and it doesn’t allow for software updates anymore, so it’s essentially useless. Another brand that does forced obsoletion (surprise) and forces you to purchase new items every few years, even if the old one works just fine. This practice used by tech companies causes a lot of unnecessary e-waste and that’s really upsetting, especially amid climate change.
I love my Kindle Fire tablet it makes browsing apps and reading ebooks so simple and I can have hundreds of books at my fingertips ready for me to read because the memory storage is so great. The other thing that I love so much about my Kindle is that the brightness feature allows me to view in the day lights & in pitch dark which is Kindle Fire a problem with other brand tablets. The Kindle Fire however has multiple adjustment settings. Would highly recommend.
Techie Expert Level 1
If you want this product for reading only. . . Then this is not a product for you. I purchased this product just for reading and I found that it doesn’t hold the battery nearly as long as Kindle Paperwhite (for obvious reasons) and it also overheats in the sun much quicker so you won’t be able to read on the beach, for example. If you want something like iPad to use it for reading and surfing the Internet, than this will work well!
Chicago
Techie Expert Level 1
I really like the size of the Kindle fire because it feels like you are holding a book. It's perfect for the everyday commute. Since I use to train to get to work, I don't have to lug around a heavier/larger tablet just for reading or light content. My niece also has a kindle fire and the parental controls make it super simple to monitor and restrict the types of content she has access to, as well as how long she spends using it.

109 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Toronto, ON
il y a 22 jours
Kindle Fire this Kindle is like an iPad ow more like a Kindle Paperwhite?
Katelyn W. • il y a 22 jours
It is like an IPad.
Ventura, CA
il y a 6 mois
Ashley A. • il y a 5 mois
Any of the kindle fires are good. There are a lot of educational apps you can put on them. Also alot.of choices when it comes to.cases and protection for the tablet
Surprise, AZ
il y a un an
Sommaya H. • il y a 10 mois
You can get it with a case but it costs like $20 more. Your kids can download games if you let them use the adult profile instead of making a kids profile. I just put parental guidance on the tablets to restrict purchases.