BY KINDLE #5 in Tablets

• Would you recommend???1 Answers
  • I just ordered my first Kindle, a Fire. I've always used Nook bef...6 Answers
  • What do you use your Kindle Fire for the most? Apps and internet ...23 Answers
Kindle Fire
  • "I love kindle fire because I can read any book and the free downloadable ones are good to read and pass the time, I can also play games." in 83 reviews
  • "I'm able to read books when ever I want and also the fact that it is a tablet as well makes things even more convenient for so that I have both in one small device. " in 66 reviews
  • "It is a nice escape, not to mention long battery life, no hesitation in game, smooth streaming of videos and the only problem is when I use it to long it gets a little warm. " in 54 reviews
  • "It's also good to read books and watch movies/tv shows, but there are a lot of apps that are not available for this kkindle" in 39 reviews
  • "My parents got me the second generation Kindle back when it came out and my fiance bought me the Kindle Fire for christmas last year." in 30 reviews
I bought a Kindle Fire a couple years ago. I hardly ever buy anything for myself. But this was the best $100 I have ever spent. It has special settings for kids. And you can make several different profiles for anyone who uses it. I can get books from the Kindle store or e-books from the local library. We downloaded Amazon prime movies to watch on our long trip to the beach. The battery stays charged for days depending what all I'm using my Kindle for (obviously movie watching drains the battery a lot quicker than reading a book).
Nicky R.
Richmond, VA
I received this as a gift since I am always reading Overdrive books on my phone and computer. It's perfect for traveling because you have books and games all in one, and you don't necessarily need the internet to use it. The price was incredibly inexpensive due to the Amazon ads and deals that come up periodically during the day.
The battery life is impressive and there is a camera, although I never use it. The quality of the camera is not that great. I would absolutely recommend this if you love reading!
Melissa G.
West Columbia, SC
I love my fire. It is perfect for me as an avid reader and as someone who loves to travel. Since getting my fire, and with the original kindle, it has enabled me to be a much lighter packer. It's not as robust as some other tablets but it is more than adequate for my needs. I also love that my library will link with it so I have access to even more materials. The only thing I would change is the screen for outdoor reading. That's where the original has an edge.
Kyndra K.
Murfreesboro, TN
I love my kindle fire. I got it when amazon had them on sale so it was a great price. It is very easy to use. Very user friendly. It is great compared to other tablets mostly because of the price. You can do basically all the same stuff on it but for a lesser price. I would recommend this to anyone. I love that it's made for reading, so it has different features for reading in different environments, but I can also mess around on my apps too.
Jess D.
Roseville, CA
I have had my Amazon Kindle Fire for 4 yrs now and have never had a problem. I mostly used it for Ebooks and the occasional movie. I love it some much that I have bought two more of the newer generation kindles for my kids. The free play service is perfect for them. They can play games, read, and most importantly the educational apps are the best.
If you're looking for an inexpensive e-reader I highly recommend the kindle fire
Amanda T.
Lees Summit, MO
Best Bang for the Buck,bought the Kindle Fire as I had a prior Kindle paperweight I donated but I have to say I only read books on it and as far as the processor it might be ok for Reading I have viewed videos on it. I have plenty of books to read and enjoy Free books,as well as bought books,I opted out of buying a case,but did get a good screen protector. Small enough to read a book to hold than a 10 inch tablet.
Angelica G.
East Weymouth, MA
I've had my Kindle Fire for about a year and I love it! I love the selection of free books and have found many series worth reading that way. There are many different genres available including manga and comics. It's also great for apps and games. I have downloaded many apps that cost money through Amazon Underground (included with the kindle) for free! It's such a great item and I'm pleased with the purchase.
Abbie H.
Nashville, TN
The Kindle Fire is fine. I am consistently annoyed by Amazon's web browser (Silk?) but the product itself is good quality. It doesn't seem to have much battery life. Ultimately, this is just a product I didn't need. I have laptops and an iPhone 5, so while I thought a Kindle Fire would be a great next step, it's proven to be unneeded. I love physical books too much to use the Kindle like I thought I would!
Breyonna S.
I love my kindle fire. I never thought that I could ever go from reading paper books to reading them on the kindle. You can find so many free games and books that it is not even expensive unless you want it to be. You always have a book with you where ever you are and if not you can just connect to the internet and download one. I don't know how I ever lived without it and would recommend it.
Samantha S.
Fort Edward, NY
I love reading and I don't mind choosing between flipping real pages or fake pages. This is perfect for reading on the go, on the beach, or in general. For the beach it's easy to read because it automatically adjusts perfectly to the right amount of light (without draining your battery) to read in the sun. Lots of free books to read from Amazon store and cheap too! In love with my kindle
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Kindle or nook?
Amy C.
Rolla, MO
For die-hard paper people who have made the switch. Those who love to hold a book, smell a book (you know who you are); how is it? Disappointing? Love it? Hate it?
Malika T.
Philadelphia, PA
What do you use your Kindle Fire for the most? Apps and internet or reading?
Randi H.
What are you "must have" apps?
Megan S.
So, i really wanted an iPad but those are way too expensive for me, so i was looking at some other tablets like this one and The Galaxy Note 4.0, Does the Kindle Fire work more for books and reading or is it an all around good tablet too?