Kindle 6" Touchscreen E-Reader

BY KINDLE

Kindle is designed as a dedicated e-reader. Indulge your love of reading without interruptions like email alerts and push notifications. Touchscreen display that reads like real paper - no screen glare even in bright sunlight Exclusive Kindle features - Kindle for Kids Vocabulary Builder X-Ray Word Wise and more Double the on-device storage - holds thousands of books New 1 GHz processor for even faster page turns and uninterrupted reading Lighter than a paperback - fits in your pocket Battery lasts weeks not hours Massive selection low prices - over two million books including latest bestsellers Kindle exclusives and more Download books in less than 60 seconds with built-in Wi-Fi Encourage kids to read even more - with Kindle for Kids Touchscreen display A touchscreen interface makes it easier to use features like X-Ray Goodreads built-in dictionary highlighting and more. And with a glare-free screen that looks like real paper you can read as easily in bright sunlight as in your living room Weeks-long battery life Kindle does not require power to maintain a page of text allowing you to read for weeks on a single charge. Easy on the eyes Every time your eyes switch from a bright screen to a dimmer ambient room your eyes have to adjust which may result in fatigue. With Kindle the page is the same brightness as everything else in the room so there's no adjustment needed. Lighter than a paperback Kindle is lighter than most paperback books making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand for extended periods of time. Reads like the printed page Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary hand-built fonts to create crisp text similar to what you see in a physical book. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform improving text and image quality. Every kindle E-reader reads like a book. Sharp dark text Enjoy text that reads like the printed page. All fonts have been hand-tuned at the pixel level for maximum readability and comfort. Take and share notes Add margin notes that you can edit delete or even export from your device to your computer. Share highlighted sections and meaningful quotes on Facebook Twitter and Goodreads and see passages frequently highlighted by other Kindle readers. Flip through without losing your place With Page Flip you can skim page-by-page scan by chapter or skip to the end for a sneak peek without losing your place Read comfortably in one hand Lighter than most paperback books comfortably hold Kindle in one hand for long reading sessions. No distractions Kindle is purposely designed as a dedicated e-reader. Indulge your love of reading without interruptions like email alerts or push notifications. .and goes beyond a book Look it up instantly Smart Lookup integrates entries from The New Oxford American Dictionary with information from X-Ray and Wikipedia so you can access definitions characters settings and more without leaving your page or losing your place. Read more challenging books Word Wise available on many popular English language titles makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions. Tap on a word to bring up a simple card with definitions synonyms and more. You can adjust the number of hints you see with a simple slider Learn more about a book before you start With About This Book see information about the book as you start to read including its place in a series and author information plus mark it as "Currently Reading" on Goodreads Enhanced Search It's even easier to find what you are looking for by combining and previewing results from your Library Goodreads and the Kindle Store on the same page. Carry your entire library Kindle holds thousands of books so you'll never have to leave your favorite titles behind. In-line footnotes With a single tap read the complete text of each footnote without losing your place in the book Squeeze in that last chapter See at a glance how long it will take to finish a chapter or book. Time to Read is personalized based on your reading speed and is constantly updated as your speed and habits change. Share with friends on Goodreads With Goodreads on Kindle you can connect with the largest online community of book lovers see what your friends are reading share highlights and rate the books you read. With deeper integration you can purchase books without leaving Goodreads on Kindle and update your reading status more quickly from your device. Some Goodreads on Kindle features are only available when connected to Wi-Fi. Expanded X-Ray for books X-Ray lets you explore the "Bones of the Book." See all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas fictional characters historical figures places or topics of interest. X-Ray's new timeline view lets you easily flip through notable passages to remind yourself of what's happened in the book or navigate easily through images. Enhance your vocabulary Words looked up in the dictionary are automatically added to Voc

• I love reading and buy a book at least ones a week . Does...2 Answers
Kindle 6
Kindle 6" Touchscreen E-Reader
Jessie S.
Greenville
I want to start by saying that I love real books.  But, I finally recognized the practicality of the e-reader.  I absolutely love my Kindle.  I can load it up with books to take on vacation, and it takes up barely any space.  I can buy e-books and keep them forever.  I can rent them from the library for free.  And it feels so much like reading a physical book.  There is no glare so you can even read it in the sun!  You can change the font and the size of the font to help you read comfortably.  There is so much storage space for books and the battery last for a really long time, and then charges really quickly too.  It can easily fit in a bag or purse and it so lightweight.  Check out the sales on Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday.  You can get them for like $30 bucks cheaper than normal.  However, even if you buy if for full price, it is completely worth it.  I can't compare it to other brands of e-readers, but I'm sold on the Kindle.  I highly recommend to all readers!
Katherine R.
The screen is a little finicky about where you touch it but that is my only complaint about this product. It makes reading outside so much easier. The matte screen and no physical pages to turn make this an excellent investment for the reader who loves the outdoors!
Sarah L.
Averill Park, NY
Best thing I ever bought! Tons of space on it for lots of e-books. The battery lasts a long time. It is glare free, so i can read it outside with no problems. Reading on a phone or computer hurts my eyes, so this the prefect thing. I love the new update where you share directly with socially media and good reads.
Pip S.
Denver, CO
I actually randomly received a free Kindle Paper White from a stranger I was sitting next to on an airplane. She said she just got a new Kindle Fire and it was only $50, I offered to give her $25 for it but she insisted that I keep it and actually use it. It was a nice gift and I always bring it with me on airplanes since then to read.
Kimberly R.
My sister and Dad were kind enough to send this to me as a gift. I love having access to so many books for such great prices. It makes book clubs and sharing books with friends so much easier. Love this.
Laura Y.
Maryville, MO
As a person who goes through a book or two during an easy day I have to say this is one of the perks of the kindle. You can just load up your new book and have another one to do later. The problems I have is sometime the lag is a little annoying. The price is worth it and will even out when you can buy ebooks from amazon for a cheaper price then you could buy a print copy. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be able to read in the dark without the constant need for a light.
The cases for the kindle are pretty unlimited so you will always have options to change the color and most are easily affordable.
It can be password protected which is good for when you don't want people snooping through your secret books or just don't want a child to try and read or purchase books.
I highly recommend this to readers of all age that have entered the electronic era.
Caley H.
I love reading on this device. It's nice and light and the touch screen works fine. It has just enough features to make using it to read easy but not too many more. This is purely a device focused around reading.
Deanna J.
Garden Pr, IL
I like being able to keep a lot of books in such a tidy place, but I really have a hard time working this kindle, I am use to my nook which takes me right back to where I left off. The kindle does not, I have to figure out what to push to go back. I just bought the kindle paper white, I will let you know how it turns out.
Meagan J.
Blanding, UT
I have always loved reading so I decided to get a kindle because I liked the thought of being able to carry more then one book with me! This device is light weight and holds its charge for a long time! I love that I can get free books through Amazon.com! If looking for a reading tablet I highly recommend this one! It's easy to use and great quality!
Nancy B.
Lincolnton, NC
I love my Kindle. It holds so many books all at my finger tip. It is about the size of a book very light, I can easily put it my purse to take with me. I love the battery life. I am very satisfied with this product.
Mariya P.
Knoxville , TN
I love reading and buy a book at least ones a week . Does this kindle really worth buying?

Kindle 6