Kikkoman Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce

by Kikkoman

#7 in Soy Sauce

The sushi craze is here to stay - and it's no wonder. Sushi can be dressed up or down, eaten as a quick snack or made into a meal. Sushi bars and restaurants have sprung up in cities all across the country and many grocery stores now carry it for take-out. It's even fun and easy to make at home.

Whether you are drawn to the simpler varieties, like California Rolls - rice and seaweed wrapped around cucumber, avocado and crab meat or prefer more exotic ingredient such as tuna and eel, one thing is for sure - sushi tastes best with a dipping sauce. That's why Kikkoman developed a sauce specifically for sushi and sashimi (raw sliced fish).

Made from our traditionally brewed soy sauce, Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce is sweeter and milder than original Kikkoman Soy Sauce. The balance of sweetness and saltiness, as well as a special blend of natural ingredients, pairs well with wasabi (Japanese horseradish paste) and heightens the flavor of sushi and sashimi, as well as a variety of other foods, such as pot stickers, grilled meat and chicken.

Ingredients: SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), SUGAR, WATER, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, FERMENTED WHEAT PROTEIN, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, LACTIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE: LESS THAN 1/10 OF 1% AS A PRESERVATIVE.

What makes this different than regular Kikkoman soy sauce? What makes it better for sushi?
Start your review of Kikkoman Sushi & Sashimi Soy Sauce!
How would you rate this product?
3 years agoGretna , NE
I use this stuff on everything!! I get the low sodium one but it is so good on chicken and veggies and rice. It is my favorite lunch To make and this adds to the flavor! This is something I will always have in my refrigerator:)
3 years agoAshland, KY
I love this brand of soy sauce for my sushi and other Asian cuisines. So good with a bold flavor and brings out other flavors. Great with veggies, meat and noodles too!
a year agoGarden Grove, CA
This soy sauce is so amazing! Love how the taste is. I use it as a dipping sauce. I even use it in when I am cooking to add flavor to my dishes. I do keep my house fully stocked with this soy sauce! So good!
5 years ago
Kikkoman products are quintessential when I think of which soy sauce to use with my sushi. It has that distinct taste that I think pairs well with raw fish. I prefer the low sodium soy, even though it may taste a little lighter, it's probably much healthier for you.
2 years agoProvidence, RI
A great sauce to add to any Asian meal! I also love the low sodium version of this sauce, it’s way less salty and doesn’t feel like I’m drowning my food in sodium when using it! But if you love the original soy sauce taste then this is the brand to use!!
5 years agoHuntingtn Bch, CA
This is a great brand of soy sauce! Even my university uses it to make the best stir fry AKA the only healthy thing in the entire cafeteria. It is always a great addition to my food!
4 years agoWattsburg, PA
Omg I use this stuff at least once a week for a marinade of some kind. My favorite is a recipe I got from my sister in law with brown sugar and soy sauce for salmon! Yum!
5 years agoMaryland
This is staple in my cupboard. I use it to marinate my meats before freezing, that way there is no need to season when I cook it. Try it with chicken wings, when frying or baking...
4 years agoSpencer, IA
I think this is a must in everyone's refrigerator. It's so versatile! Veggies, meat, salads, etc. I use soy sauce quite often. Great for the extra thing that you're missing.
a year agoJacksonville, FL
There’s a difference between default soy sauce, low sodium soy sauce and sushi soy sauce. You can taste the difference!! This soy sauce taste great with sushi!!