Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce

by Kikkoman

#2 in Soy Sauce

Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce is brewed exactly the same way as all-purpose Kikkoman Soy Sauce. However, after the fermentation process is completed, approximately 40% of the salt is removed. Although there is less sodium in Less Sodium Soy Sauce, all the flavor and quality characteristics remain because it is aged before extracting the salt. However, to maintain this full flavor, we recommend using it during the latter stage of cooking in braising sauces, soups and stews, vegetables or stir-frys.

Ingredients: WATER, WHEAT, SOYBEANS, SALT, LACTIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE; LESS THAN 1/10 OF 1% AS A PRESERVATIVE.

Is it very salty?
Does this taste the same as the original?
What other soy sauces are peoples favorite?
Start your review of Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce!
How would you rate this product?
a month agoMiami, FL
Excelled soy sauce- adds tons of flavor without ever getting too salty . Will continue to repurchase this brand as it is always great quality and adds a great amount of flavor to my foods. Great buy
3 months ago
Purchased at: Kroger
I’ve been using Kikkoman Soy Sauce for years for recipes and seasoning food. I especially like it on Japanese white rice and with a little bit of rice vinegar. I’ve tried other Soy Sauce brands and always return to using Kikkoman brand. The flavor is the best. I do on occasion want less salt on my food and use Less Sodium Kikkoman for those times. I can tell there is less salt but it still has a delicious flavor.
10 months agoSan Gabriel, CA
Purchased at: Costco
I am 100% Chinese & I LOVE this brand especially because they have the HUGE size at Costco for a really good price. Not only does it still have its authentic soy sauce test but it is LESS sodium. And if you can’t live without soy sauce, this is the perfect brand & product for you! I’ve had both the regular and this one & I can tell you that the regular is a little overwhelming in taste. I use this soy sauce in a lot of my shoyu chicken wings, garlic lettuce, and just to add that extra BOOM in your meal. If anyone wants any recipes of the two food items I’ve listed, message me & I’d be glad to share! Very simple & delicious with the help of this product!
2 years agoChicago, IL
I grew up eating and using Kokimon soy sauce! I love it and use it to this day! We tried many low sodium sauces when my husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure. Most of them are no good. For low sodium Kokimon is just okay. There are better brands out there. I’d only buy it again if there were no better options.
2 years agoPhiladelphia, PA
Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce uploaded by Carolina C.
I use this soy sauce to cook almost every meal. I mostly use it to season meat such as chicken, steak or pork. I love the fact that doesn't have that much sodium and It is really easy to use! I used this soy sauce to season a steak for the chimichurri steak dish I made (attached picture) and it was delicious!
2 years agoTitusville , FL
I use soy sauce mainly to make my own homemade teriyaki sauce with brown sugar red wine vinegar ginger garlic and a few other ingredients I absolutely love soy sauce it is so versatile and I love the less sodium one so that I'm not getting too much salt. I use this to create My Teriyaki ground turkey over rice meal for the influenster contest
7 months ago
Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce uploaded by Ines G.
Purchased at: Walmart
I have always like eating my steamed rice with soy sauce but my husband didn’t want to consume any because of the sodium. So, I started using this one and he feels a little better about the sodium consuming.
2 years agoMerced, CA
I love this for all my Asian dishes, and less sodium. So you don't have to feel to guilty, You can buy this soy sauce at any mayor grocery stores. Great flavor with much less sodium. I definitely recommend this soy sauce.
10 months agoNoblesville , IN
Purchased at: Walmart
The only soy sauce I use! It tastes just as good as the full sodium version and doesn’t have that cheap Chinese restaurant flavor at all. You should only buy this! Great on sushi too. Also helps that every store sells it!
2 years agoLincolnton, NC
Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce uploaded by Crystal J.
Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce uploaded by Crystal J.
Great flavor and very versatile. Whether your using it to make your favorite dish or just using it as a dipping sauce you won't be disappointed. Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce