Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser

by Kiehl's Since 1851

• Thoroughly removes impurities and visibly reduces excess oil on skin’s surface, while leaving skin looking more balanced
  • Leaves skin clean and refreshed without over–drying
  • Contains Imperata Cylindrica Root and Lemon Fruit Extracts
  • Oil–free, paraben–free, fragrance–free, colorant–free
  • Gentle enough for sensitive skin

How to Apply:

• Gently massage oil-free cleanser into damp facial areas
  • Avoid immediate eye area
  • Rinse thoroughly

Imperata Cylindrica (Desert Plant Extract)

Imperata Cylindrica’s roots contain high concentrations of potassium which provides immediate and lasting hydration for dry skin. Native to many of Earth’s deserts, this plant is especially prolific in the Australian Outback and is believed to have been used as a substitute for salt by indigenous Australians of centuries past.

Lemon Extract

This bright and zesty citrus fruit has long had a prominent role in cosmetics and aromatherapy. Lemons are high in natural fruit acids and have the highest percentage of Vitamin C of all the fruits. Its extracts from the fruit and essential oil (expressed from the peel) have astringent and antiseptic quality that freshens, stimulates and rejuvenates sluggish skin and adds lustrous shine to the hair. In aromatherapy, lemons inspire a cooling, refreshing and uplifting feeling.

Ingredients

Aqua / Water,Glycerin,Myristic Acid,Palmitic Acid,Stearic Acid,Potassium Hydroxide,Lauric Acid,Glyceryl Distearate,Glyceryl Stearate,Kaolin,Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract,Tetrasodium Edta,Citrus Medica Limonum Extract / Lemon Fruit Extract,Peg-14m,Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract,Methylisothiazolinone,Caprylyl Glycol,Carbomer,Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer

Does this face wash foam up and contribute to drying skin out? Has anyone had any irritation due to this face wash?
Is this product better than or worse than Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser ?
What cleanser is hydrating and also oil-free? I'm currently using the Kiehl's Oil-Free Facial Cleanser and my bottle is so empty, I'm overdue for a new one. My skin's been extremely dry lately so I need suggestions for a new hydrating one!
Start your review of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“This will make your skin feel like butter. I have ultra sensitive skin and switched to using this cleanser because it really is everything!!! Sometimes If I feel I need exfoliation I mix it with my boots brand tea tree and witch hazel cleanser. Really amazing” in 5 reviews
I have been plagued with oily skin my whole life and I hated it especially in the humidity so I was so so happy that this moisturiser keeps me matte and oil free even by the end of the day! I don't know how that's possible but this cream works miracles. My entire life I tried so many oil free/ only skin moisturizers and only 2 moisturizers worked which is this and the La Roche Posay moisturizer however I like that one better since its more mattifying and works as a primer but is too expensive and lasts me only a month.. This one however lasts me 3-6 months depending on the jar size and still keeps me matte entire day. I love this moisturizer. It has become my holy grail moisturizer. It is very hydrating and I love the consistency and the way it feels on skin. It is never greasy. I believe the price to be reasonable for a moisturizer and I will definitely repurchase
N Hollywood, CA
The holy grail of oil free cleansers. Super gentle, without being “wimpy”. Leaves skin feeling thoroughly clean. A little goes a LONG way. Totally worth the price.
Wellfleet, MA
Use this since the original cleanser was out. Never again. For my skin, it made me break out in little pimples. I love Kiehls so I’m going to stick to my staples.
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser uploaded by Linden W.
This is a really nice oil free moisturizer. I got a deluxe sample of this in my June Birchbox. I love the way it feels on my skin, like a splash of water, very moisturizing. I love the way this sets into my skin. It leaves me feeling fresh and moisturized and never greasy or oily. When I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels great. I will definitely continue to use this moisturizer. I love ot soo much that I will definitely be trying out some other products from this brand.
Tupelo, MS
This moisturizer is amazing. It has a gel feeling but goes on so smooth. It's not to pricey compared to other moisturizers! It has a nice cool soothing effect and doesn't leave any greasy feeling on your face at all. I got a sample in my Birchbox and have already ordered a full jar. I would recommend this to anything. Especially someone with oily skin.
Brooklyn, NY
I cannot recommend this product highly enough. I bought it on a whim and have been so impressed with the reduced appearance of pores and blackheads that you wouldn't expect from a foaming cleanser rather than an exfoliant. It's important to moisturize immediately after use because it really does strip your face of oils, but I've found my skin never looks or feels better than right after using this cleanser.
Hopewell Jct, NY
I have oily skin and hate the feeling of putting any creams on my face because of how heavy they feel and how greasy they make me appear. When I discovered this oil-free gel cream, I was excited to try it. I wasn't disappointed at all! It keeps my skin feeling nice and hydrated without feeling heavy or clogging my pores. During the winter, when I get dry patches, it keeps those areas moisturized. I definitely recommend this!
I cannot rave enough about this cleanser. It is absoluely amazing. I perfectly did everything I was looking for which was cleanse, not strip my skin of oil and just give me a youthful clean. My skin started changing for the better in just 2 weeks. My pores were smaller and my skin looked and felt much cleaner. Absolutely amazing product and I would recommend this to anyone looking to try a new skin care regimen.
Baltimore, MD
Personally felt this product stripped my skin of oil and left my face feeling dry and tight after every time I used it. However, other than that it did its job as a cleanser as my face did feel very clean. Would not repurchase though, probably just doesn't fit my skin type.
Bremerton, WA
I use this as soon as I get out of the shower while my face is still damp and it helps lock in the moisture and keep my face feeling hydrated without any greasiness at all. It doesnt break me out or have a heavy texture or fragrance or anything. Its a light gel like texture and gives light moisture that lasts. I can also use it under makeup very nicely too. Love it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Hellesdon , Norwich
2 years ago
Alena P. • a year ago
I would definitely recommend starting off with a sample, as everyone has different preferences. It last for ages, so I’d say the price worth the commitment :)